Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UC vs. USF

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: UC vs. USF

The reality is, the team needs a stronger season-ticket base. Some of that problem is self-correcting -- as paint so correctly pointed out, there are entire generations of UC fans that grew up thinking the football stadium was just an impediment to getting more parking at the Shoe. The current crop of UC students (and soon to be grads) is excited by the football program. If you've been attending UC the last two years, you've seen roughly half of the top-25 wins they've had in program history. These kids, when they graduate, will be far more likely to buy into the program as alums IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The reality is, the team needs a stronger season-ticket base. Some of that problem is self-correcting -- as paint so correctly pointed out, there are entire generations of UC fans that grew up thinking the football stadium was just an impediment to getting more parking at the Shoe. The current crop of UC students (and soon to be grads) is excited by the football program. If you've been attending UC the last two years, you've seen roughly half of the top-25 wins they've had in program history. These kids, when they graduate, will be far more likely to buy into the program as alums IMO.
    Indeed. When I was a student from '02 to '07, it was a big deal if more than 500 students showed up to a football game. Those who did show up would leave before halftime. Now, a few thousand end up buying tickets because they missed out on the student allotment.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Indeed. When I was a student from '02 to '07, it was a big deal if more than 500 students showed up to a football game. Those who did show up would leave before halftime. Now, a few thousand end up buying tickets because they missed out on the student allotment.
    That's me. I was unable to get a student ticket, so I bought one from a fellow student. I ended up working my way down to the front row toward the end of the game. Erin Andrews walked by too.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Don't get too excited, next week is going to put a blemish on your record....
    Don't get too excited, UC has to play a night game in MoTown...we don't like to lose at night in MoTown, strange things happen when those lights come on! And remember, win or lose we still like to burn s--t!

:all_cohol

Lets Go...Mountaineers!
    Lets Go...Drink some beers!

I'll be at the WVU game. Do you think it's possible for me to not get punched for wearing black and red?

you;ll be fine...just avoid the drunk and stupid students in the pit before the game, and if UC wins, run like hell from the underage immature drinkers!

That makes me feel so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    That makes me feel so much better.
    No problem! Like I said most of us Mountaineer fans are fine with others coming to Mo-Town, what is sad is the students that act like retards to other fans

Turn Off Ads?