Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zach Cozart

1 0.86%
  • Chris Dickerson

16 13.79%
  • Danny Dorn

11 9.48%
  • Juan Duran

21 18.10%
  • Carlos Fisher

0 0%
  • Juan Francisco

8 6.90%
  • Chris Heisey

1 0.86%
  • Matt Maloney

1 0.86%
  • Devin Mesoraco

5 4.31%
  • Ramon Ramirez

2 1.72%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

4 3.45%
  • Josh Roenicke

4 3.45%
  • Zach Stewart

5 4.31%
  • Daryl Thompson

33 28.45%
  • Justin Turner

4 3.45%
  • Pedro Viola

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

Redszone's Top Prospects

Prospect #1 - Yonder Alonso
    Prospect #2 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect #3 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect #4 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect #5 - Chris Valaika
    Prospect #6 - Kyle Lotzkar

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #7 prospect?

I went ahead and left this poll open for two days. Do you guys prefer two days or three?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I went ahead and left this poll open for two days. Do you guys prefer two days or three?
    2 days please the last one seemed to last an eternity and it seemed there wasn't much of a change in voting over the past 24 hours.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2 days

Voted Juan Duran
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

I decided to go with Daryl Thompson. He'll never be an ace or anything but he's got solid stuff and projects as a solid middle-of-rotation starter. I also think he could be a great setup man if the Reds choose to go that route.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 10-28-2008 at 08:56 PM.

3rd time is the charm with Thompson?

I just think the numbers he put up in AA were very impressive and his AAA numbers were very good as well. He did struggle some at the majors, but he didn't get that many starts. His debut at Yankee Stadium was incredible. He has the talent and stuff to a least be a MOR guy. He has proven more than all of the other prospects listed (though you could make a good argument for Dickerson as well).

Going with Dickerson. Glove leaves no question, has on base skills, speed galore and developing power. Lefty bat who should be able to contribute enough on offense to keep his plus plus defense in the line-up. Even if he ends up a platoon guy, being a lefty should give him 400+ PA. I know he's older than the ideal prospect, but he seems a safe bet to be a contributer as opposed to many others on this list who may not make it at all. At worst case he's a solid bench guy with a lefty bat, the ability to pinch run and play plus defense at the end of the game.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Duran again for the almost unbelievable potential he possesses.

Daryl Thompson
    Bats: Right, Throws: Right
    Height: 6'1", Weight: 170 lbs
    Born: November 2, 1985 Just 23 years old in Nov.

Code:
    Louisville
    Player      W   L    ERA   G    GS  CG  SHO  SV   IP    H  R   ER  HR  HB  BB  SO  WHIP  
    Thompson    5   0    2.76  7    7    0   0    0  45.2  39  15  14   4   2   9  33  1.05 
    Chattanooga
    Player      W   L    ERA   G    GS  CG  SHO  SV   IP    H   R  ER  HR  HB  BB  SO  WHIP  
    Thompson    3   2    1.76  10   10   0   0    0  61.1  44  19  12   2   0  14  56  0.95 

Team League W   L    ERA   G    GS  CG  SHO  SV    IP    H    R  ER HR BB SO GO/AO AVG 
    Minors      8   4    2.70  21   20   0   0    0   126.2  105  47 38  8 30 99 1.01 .231
    If not traded or injured, I think that he might put some pressure on the other Reds starters this spring training. Of course the large contracts and experience will trump him.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 10-28-2008 at 10:38 PM.

I am reluctant to vote for Thompson because he has not proven that he is durable. I like Dickerson, but it is hard to think of him as a prospect since he will be 27 two weeks into the season. He will either stick or be traded. As for Duran, I can't bring myself to consider him a top prospect until he has at least started shaving.

My vote goes to Dorn. He has continued to hit well as he has advanced. Last year, he overcame an early injury that resulted in a slow start and went on to post excellent numbers. I believe he has 30+ HR potential at the ML level. He would be great platooned in LF. I think he will start at Louisville, have a great season, and be with the Reds in 2010.

For me, I'm going Duran. He just has freaky upside. Kid sounds like he could develop into one of the best players in the last 20 years if all works out right.

Heisey

The next three for me gotta be:
    Dickerson
    Thompson
    Ramirez

I will never understand how Stubbs goes 4 and Dickerson is still on the board.

oardshaw

like stewart here, could see him in cincy by 2010 in the pen throwin up double play balls!

Juan Francisco.. Again..

Upside is just as high as most anyone in the system(although I realise he may not reach it). He's got the tools you want in a ball player, and I like his D.

I really think he's undervalued around here, given his potential upside.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?