Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King of the Hill Canceled

King of the Hill Canceled

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081101/...ng_of_the_hill

LOS ANGELES – "King of the Hill" is over the hill at Fox, which is canceling the long-running animated comedy.

Final episodes of the half-hour series, now in its 13th year, likely will air during the 2009-10 season, Fox said Friday. The network recently ordered 13 new episodes, and animated series have a long production schedule.

"King of the Hill" chronicles the life of blue-collar family man Hank Hill of Texas and his family and friends. Hank is voiced by series co-creator and executive producer Mike Judge. Others in the cast include Kathy Najimy, Brittany Murphy and Stephen Root.

The picture is brighter for another Sunday night animated show on Fox, "American Dad," which was renewed for its fifth season. It has posted single-digit ratings gains among advertiser-favored young adult viewers and total viewers.

Ratings for "King of the Hill" have been relatively flat early this season.

"American Dad" is about Stan Smith, a dedicated conservative, and his oddball family in Langley, Va. Series co-creator and executive producer Seth MacFarlane voices Stan in the series, which also features the voices of Wendy Schaal, Rachael MacFarlane and Scott Grimes.
    This is a show that probably has run its course, but I would love to see Mike Judge go back and make some new Beavis and Butthead.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: King of the Hill Canceled

That just ain't right.

Aaah, new Beavis and Butt-Head. YES. It is time.

I would love to see HBO or Showtime put it on. Let him take it wherever he wants.

I think American Dad is awful.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post

That is all.
    Have to agree on that. It's nothing more than a spinoff of Family Guy, which was a spinoff on the Simpsons. I just cannot watch it at all.

Dang it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I'm kickin' someones ass, I tell ya what!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

That is all.
    I watched the first two seasons of that show faithfully, and I think laughed three times. Terrible show, and nowhere on par with Family Guy.
    Meanwhile, while I found King of the Hill slightly entertaining at times, I thought it had run its course years ago.
    I'd like to see him kind of focus on directing. Beavis and Butthead Do America was quite good, I think, but Office Space and Idiocracy were classics.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Have to agree on that. It's nothing more than a spinoff of Family Guy, which was a spinoff on the Simpsons. I just cannot watch it at all.
    Don't get the Simpsons spinoff. Matt Groening was behind the development of Futurama, but Family Guy was all Seth MacFarlane.

As for American Dad, I would be perfectly happy if they found a way to work Roger into Family Guy and just cancel American Dad. Roger is the only one on that show I can stand.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Don't get the Simpsons spinoff. Matt Groening was behind the development of Futurama, but Family Guy was all Seth MacFarlane.

As for American Dad, I would be perfectly happy if they found a way to work Roger into Family Guy and just cancel American Dad. Roger is the only one on that show I can stand.
    I know it's often debated if it's a spinoff. I see the differences, but I see the similarities aswell. Both have a mother, father, and three children. In both, the father hangs out at a bar. That's not to mention how many episodes look like the other's. IIRC, both have had an episode where they become their own country.

Taking away from the website:

I did agree with one of the writers who said that King of the Hill jumped the shark when Cotton died. IMO, he was one of the best characters on the show. He reminds me a lot of my grandfather.

I also thought there was never any progression with the characters. The Simpsons is one of the few shows that is able to do this due to everybody staying the same age. I started losing interest about the time Joseph grew about a foot and Connie and Bobby broke up.

Another point from the website. The Cleveland Show will be debuting next spring I believe. That will give Sunday night to Family Guy, American Dad, and the Cleveland Show. Basically, Seth MacFarlane will be dominating Sunday nights.

That is all.
    It's not horrible but it and Family Guy never seem to have a good episode on the same week, if one is good the other will be a stink bomb.
    Go Gators!

I always had the same opinion as former Simpsons executive producer Mike Reiss about King of the Hill "If I didn't write comedy, I'd write for King of the Hill".
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I really don't know how King of the Hill lasted three years, let alone 13. It just isn't funny.

Turn Off Ads?