Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: King of the Hill Canceled

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: King of the Hill Canceled

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I really don't know how King of the Hill lasted three years, let alone 13. It just isn't funny.
    Yup.

I can safely say I've never laughed watching an episode of "King of the Hill." More power to them, though - they made it 13 years in a business where success is making it a full 13 episodes without a cancellation.

Can't say I'll miss the show, though. Hopefully Mike Judge will continue making movies -- Office Space and Idiocracy are both genius and I'd like to see more movies like them.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Can't say I'm disappointed. It wasn't near as good as the Simpsons, Family Guy, or American Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Can't say I'm disappointed. It wasn't near as good as the Simpsons, Family Guy, or American Dad.
    ahh

American Dad is just a very bad Family Guy I think. The characters are all the same, just with different names.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

King of the Hill is my all-time favorite show, and I'm really saddened by this. I think half the humor is too subtle for the public to thoroughly enjoy. Oh, well. Maybe this will give Mike Judge a chance to focus on movies. I really enjoy the ones he's made.

Dang ole'....bummer man.

"Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Yep.

Way back in season one, Cotton's first episode...one of the funniest episodes of animated TV of all time. Criminally underrated show, IMO.

I enjoy it and will be sad to see it go.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    King of the Hill is my all-time favorite show, and I'm really saddened by this. I think half the humor is too subtle for the public to thoroughly enjoy.
    Yep. It's humor was character-based, in a time when people expect animated shows to be full of pop-culture references and crazy non-sequiturs.

Anyone who says they never laughed at the show never saw Peggy trying to teach Spanish.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Yup.

I can safely say I've never laughed watching an episode of "King of the Hill." More power to them, though - they made it 13 years in a business where success is making it a full 13 episodes without a cancellation.

Can't say I'll miss the show, though. Hopefully Mike Judge will continue making movies -- Office Space and Idiocracy are both genius and I'd like to see more movies like them.
    I live in Texas.

King of the Hill is spot on.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I liked King of the Hill but I watched it last night for the first time in a while and thought it was pretty unfunny.

Some great lines from that show though.

"Bobby, if you weren't my son, I'd hug ya."
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I never laughed once while watching it...but I never watched it.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Cotton was the man. Well in a funny sort of way. Has anyone else ever thought Peggy was just about as annoying a person there is in life?
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

I loved Dale. Especially the time when Peggy was teaching the sex-ed class at the school

"You don't know who I am but I know where you live and if you teach that..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I loved Dale. Especially the time when Peggy was teaching the sex-ed class at the school

"You don't know who I am but I know where you live and if you teach that..."
    I didn't watch too often but Dale was the only one that made me laugh.

"Names will be exchanged...reputations put on the line!"

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

My thing with "King of the Hill" is--why is it animated??? It seemed to be just a regular sitcom--only animated. At least American Dad and Family Guy have whacked out situations that can only be done in animation....

Turn Off Ads?