Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats Football Team

part of BBN

Re: Congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats Football Team

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Dang! Tough loss today.... 42-38 UGA... We really should've won that game! Randall Cobb is a true STAR, How in the world did Fulmer let him get away from Tenn?
    Tough loss but it gives rejuvenated hope for last two games. Cobb was super and Hartline stayed on bench.
    They started using that WV type offense the last half of the Miss State game and then today , I think they have finally found an offense ! Wish Lindley hadnt missed most of the second half.
    Hope he is back next week.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    I will respond this one more time and THEN I am thru with you.

1: Peak- "the maximum point, degree, or volume of anything"

Now unlike your mighty Vols....KY hasnt won any championships in football lately so therefore no peak has been reached.

2: I guess players have Career years every year or so too, right ?

3: "If Tennessee ..becomes Bowl eligible "

You're Hilarious ! Thanks for the fun !
    OK, so by your definition the Temple football team is still looking for its peak. Or are you saying that UK football has about 50 down years for every peak year? No every team has a few peak years. If your definition of a peak year is a championship then it's so infrequent that it's not even worth discussing for most teams.

My definition obviously differs from yours but I think every 5 years or so a school deserves to be evaluated in a cycle as to peak and down years.

If this is so much fun, why bow out?

Tough loss but it gives rejuvenated hope for last two games. Cobb was super and Hartline stayed on bench.
    They started using that WV type offense the last half of the Miss State game and then today , I think they have finally found an offense ! Wish Lindley hadnt missed most of the second half.
    Hope he is back next week.

You certainly ought to beat Tennessee this year. We saw today how much they wanted to play for Fulmer. Forget Fulmer Day Thanksgiving weekend. If Tennessee's string of wins over UK doesn't end this year then something's seriously wrong in Lexington. (We already know something's seriously wrong in Knoxville).

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, so by your definition the Temple football team is still looking for its peak. Or are you saying that UK football has about 50 down years for every peak year? No every team has a few peak years. If your definition of a peak year is a championship then it's so infrequent that it's not even worth discussing for most teams.

My definition obviously differs from yours but I think every 5 years or so a school deserves to be evaluated in a cycle as to peak and down years.

If this is so much fun, why bow out?
    I got in trouble !

You certainly ought to beat Tennessee this year. We saw today how much they wanted to play for Fulmer. Forget Fulmer Day Thanksgiving weekend. If Tennessee's string of wins over UK doesn't end this year then something's seriously wrong in Lexington. (We already know something's seriously wrong in Knoxville).
    I had given Tennessee the edge in that matchup, but given todays titanic struggle with Wyoming, im changing my pick.

Look, Kentucky in football isn't on the same level as Tennessee. I know two Vol fans here in West Virginia, one of which is an alum who makes the commute to Lexington or Knoxville every year to watch Kentucky-Tennessee. These people bleed orange in football like Kentucky fans bleed blue when it comes to basketball.

My point is, what might be acceptable for you as a Tennessee fan in football is different throughout the SEC. Georgia and Florida might see things the same, but you have schools like Kentucky and even Vanderbilt(baseball) whos focus is elsewhere. If we can even make a bowl bid, it's a great year, especially when this year is supposed to be a rebuilding year.

I guarantee when it comes to basketball that Tennessee fans are willing to give Bruce Pearl a break if he reaches the NCAA tournament and maybe advances to the Sweet 16. "Ten-loss Tubby" was ran out of town for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I had given Tennessee the edge in that matchup, but given todays titanic struggle with Wyoming, im changing my pick.

Look, Kentucky in football isn't on the same level as Tennessee. I know two Vol fans here in West Virginia, one of which is an alum who makes the commute to Lexington or Knoxville every year to watch Kentucky-Tennessee. These people bleed orange in football like Kentucky fans bleed blue when it comes to basketball.

My point is, what might be acceptable for you as a Tennessee fan in football is different throughout the SEC. Georgia and Florida might see things the same, but you have schools like Kentucky and even Vanderbilt(baseball) whos focus is elsewhere. If we can even make a bowl bid, it's a great year, especially when this year is supposed to be a rebuilding year.
    I guarantee when it comes to basketball that Tennessee fans are willing to give Bruce Pearl a break if he reaches the NCAA tournament and maybe advances to the Sweet 16. "Ten-loss Tubby" was ran out of town for that.
    I used to joke with other KY fans that we (UK fans ) are simple :
    " 6 wins and a bowl " fans.
    Give us that and we will be happy. Of course after a little success, you notice yourself wanting 7or 8 though I havent even begun to think beyond that .
    Now...I have added "BEAT LOUISVILLE" every year to that also. :

Good post.You nailed it.

Here are a few comments about Wesley Woodyard after last nights game vs Browns:

These are 3 different posts from a bronco fan board :

Did Wesley step up or what! That kind of intensity reminded me of Al Wilson. He was flying all over the field, and was wrapping up on tackles!

We need that kind of leadership going foward from our linebackers. You can't say enough for those guys last night. Three non-starters at the start of the season turned it on in the second half. Even Louis Green showed why he has been a staple on special teams with some great plays.

Our patchwork linebacking core did pretty well last night. I would just like to give credit when credit is due. It's easy to be negitive when things go wrong (all the threads the last three weeks) and when something great like this happens, we should admire it. GO BRONCOS

He settled in nicely. I loved the fire he brought, getting in Lewis' face a couple times. It seemed to rub off on other players as well. Its about time our defense showed some attitude and nastyness. Woodyard did a great job last night. We still have alot of holes to fill in the front 7

I was about to start a post about this guy. He looked great last night and really stepped up his game.
    Just an FYI, but I was at the UK vs. Georgia game yesterday and Woodyard was introduced to the crowd in between quarters (during a TV timeout).

The roar he received from the crowd was pretty impressive.

Exactly. You get it

Why some of the other UK fans don't is beyond me.

If we can even make a bowl bid, it's a great year, especially when this year is supposed to be a rebuilding year.
    Awesome post, WV. You nailed it. Don't know why some people have such difficulty comprehending the definition of a rebuilding year. A rebuilding year for Kentucky used to mean 3 wins instead of their usual 4-5 in an "up" year.

The program is trending upward. That was, has been, and always will be the point of this thread. Coach Brooks has laid the foundation and when Joker Phillips takes the reins he will continue the ascendancy of Kentucky football while becoming the 2nd black head coach in the SEC.

By the way: I think we should send Fat Phil a nice fruit basket or something for not doing more to have Randall Cobb suited up in that ugly orange.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-09-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Exactly. You get it

Why some of the other UK fans don't is beyond me.
    Wow, this might be a rarity, getting both sides to agree.

You guys need to come to the Peanut Gallery, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Dang! Tough loss today.... 42-38 UGA... We really should've won that game! Randall Cobb is a true STAR, How in the world did Fulmer let him get away from Tenn?
    The best thing to come out of this game is that UK has found their QB. Probably for the next three seasons too. This kid is very talented and has tons of heart. Fulmer really blew it with this kid. Speaking of Fulmer,I feel a lot better about UK's chances in Knoxville. Losing to a bad Wyoming team just shows me that Fulmer's players really don't like him and have quit. If UK can get up early on UT they may win big. But I will gladly take a one point win though.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The best thing to come out of this game is that UK has found their QB. Probably for the next three seasons too. This kid is very talented and has tons of heart. Fulmer really blew it with this kid. Speaking of Fulmer,I feel a lot better about UK's chances in Knoxville. Losing to a bad Wyoming team just shows me that Fulmer's players really don't like him and have quit. If UK can get up early on UT they may win big. But I will gladly take a one point win though.
    From Sunday's Courier Journal:

Brooks said he sees Cobb, who also has played wide receiver this season, as a quarterback in the "short term" but said he still has strides to make at that position.
    It sounds like the coach doesn't agree with you. I know the recruiting class is heavy on QBs but they'll be green and one is injured. Surely, he doesn't think Hartline will be the QB next year?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    From Sunday's Courier Journal:

It sounds like the coach doesn't agree with you. I know the recruiting class is heavy on QBs but they'll be green and one is injured. Surely, he doesn't think Hartline will be the QB next year?
    I hope he's just blowing smoke so Hartline will stick around to have an experienced QB in case of injury to Cobb. Cobb is making strides in leaps and bounds. If he continues Brooks will no choice but to keep him at QB.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I think he might be blowing smoke to keep his recruits in the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think he might be blowing smoke to keep his recruits in the fold.
    Great point.

Turn Off Ads?