Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #9 prospect?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zach Cozart

0 0%
  • Chris Dickerson

23 20.91%
  • Danny Dorn

14 12.73%
  • Juan Duran

38 34.55%
  • Carlos Fisher

1 0.91%
  • Chris Heisey

3 2.73%
  • Jeremy Horst

0 0%
  • Matt Maloney

1 0.91%
  • Devin Mesoraco

4 3.64%
  • Ramon Ramirez

4 3.64%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

2 1.82%
  • Josh Roenicke

2 1.82%
  • Zach Stewart

12 10.91%
  • Justin Turner

4 3.64%
  • Pedro Viola

2 1.82%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who is Redszone's #9 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #9 prospect?

Still, there is no way a 27 year old like Chris Dickerson should get voted over Devin Mesoraco IMO...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Still, there is no way a 27 year old like Chris Dickerson should get voted over Devin Mesoraco IMO...
    That's why they play the game... err... that's why they vote in the polls.

Maybe the people voting that way don't feel Mesoraco will ever suit up for an MLB squad.

Dickerson is only 26, not 27. He won't be 27 until April. I don't think he is too old to be considered a legitimate prospect, and he has performed on the major league level.

That's sort of the way I feel about a 16 yr old being voted over him, except the only difference is that 26 year old is looking like a solid lock to stay on and be a fair piece of the puzzle to a 25 man roster from here on out.

But I am arguing for Dickerson when even though I voted him I actually was meaning to vote for Mes as I did on the previous vote until the run-off. I just have a hard time voting a guy a prospect who IMO no longer is, he's now a major leaguer or bust. And I see him as a major leaguer, otherwise I would have continued to vote for him.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    But I am arguing for Dickerson when even though I voted him I actually was meaning to vote for Mes as I did on the previous vote until the run-off. I just have a hard time voting a guy a prospect who IMO no longer is, he's now a major leaguer or bust. And I see him as a major leaguer, otherwise I would have continued to vote for him.
    That's a pretty good argument. I think the criteria for this list is ROY eligibility. Dickerson qualifies, so he's in.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    That's a pretty good argument. I think the criteria for this list is ROY eligibility. Dickerson qualifies, so he's in.
    Yeah I know but it's still tough to do. But FWIW If I'm making out my own prospect list I still add him and somewhere in the top ten. Look at it like this by the time we find out if he can stick or not he will likely no longer have his eligibility. So in essence that technically makes him a prospect unless you already feel he can stick to the 25 man (just in what capacity is the only remaining question IMO) and I do so in my mind he no longer is one. I guess what I would argue is that despite no longer being eligible for R.O.Y Bailey is still just a prospect and Dickerson shouldn't be. So we should re-consider what makes a player a "prospect" and too me that's someone who is still a prospective major leaguer (some moreso than others) not someone who is already a major leaguer with little to no chance to ever be prospective again. Maybe next off-season we can address this issue before starting the voting.

But since he technically is I would list him something like so.

1 - Soto
    2 - Frazier
    3 - Alonso
    4 - Bailey (I know but he's still a prospect to me)
    5 - Lotzkar
    6 - Valaika
    7 - Mesoraco
    8 - Dickerson/Dorn
    9 - Dorn/Dickerson
    10 - Thompson

But my list is always fluid and therefore ever changing.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I'm quite surprised by the lack of voting for Devin Mesoraco. He was ranked #10 on RZ last year, and he didn't do anything in 2008 to hurt his stock IMO...
    I've been voting on Duran since #2. I'll go with Mesoraco for #10 (although he'd be higher on my personal list).

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Yeah I know but it's still tough to do. But FWIW If I'm making out my own prospect list I still add him and somewhere in the top ten. Look at it like this by the time we find out if he can stick or not he will likely no longer have his eligibility. So in essence that technically makes him a prospect unless you already feel he can stick to the 25 man (just in what capacity is the only remaining question IMO) and I do so in my mind he no longer is one. I guess what I would argue is that despite no longer being eligible for R.O.Y Bailey is still just a prospect and Dickerson shouldn't be. So we should re-consider what makes a player a "prospect" and too me that's someone who is still a prospective major leaguer (some moreso than others) not someone who is already a major leaguer with little to no chance to ever be prospective again. Maybe next off-season we can address this issue before starting the voting.

But since he technically is I would list him something like so.

1 - Soto
    2 - Frazier
    3 - Alonso
    4 - Bailey (I know but he's still a prospect to me)
    5 - Lotzkar
    6 - Stubbs
    7 - Valaika
    8 - Mes
    9 - Dickerson
    10 - Dorn
    11 - Thompson (Move everyone up if you take away Bailey)

But my list is always fluid and therefore ever changing.
    Whoops I forgot someone completely.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?