Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beater Cars

Re: Beater Cars

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Nothing beats this beater- a '66 F100.

A good friend had one in high school. It was as easy to work on as a tractor engine; I could almost stand in the engine compartment with that straight six.
    I had a '68 F100 when I was in my early twenties. It had a 360 in it and still had a ton of room in the engine compartment. Man, I loved that truck.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You don't really have to worry about a beater for the winter if you live in one of the many parts of the world where it doesn't snow.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    My everyday vehicle right now is a '91 Toyota pickup with nearly 190,000 miles on it. It still runs great. You can definitely find cheaper vehicles that are pretty reliable.
    Amateur. My van is a 2007 and I have 150,000 miles already. Only thing I've replaced was the serpentine belt and the tires.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Amateur. My van is a 2007 and I have 150,000 miles already. Only thing I've replaced was the serpentine belt and the tires.

How many miles will you get out of that van before it's done?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Well, I just bought it a year ago and it had 160,000 on it then. I've put 30,000 miles on it in a years time. Still doesn't compare to your van, I know.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    How many miles will you get out of that van before it's done?
    It's a diesel. I'm expecting half a million or more. I've seen people hit a million on these.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?