Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Merged: UK Basketball

Re: Merged: UK Basketball

Somebody name me the last high impact Juco player not only that has made an impact at Kentucky, but for that matter anywhere.

Just based off of the Juco's I have seen at Kentucky:

Antwan Barbour
    Rekalin Sims
    Kevin Galloway
    Josh Harrellson

Anytime you take a Juco, you are settling for mediocrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Apparently the guard play in the JuCo conference he attended is as good as any high major conference in the USA.
    Wmr, I have a nice piece of property you might be interested in. Arizona. Great ocean view. Sad to say, I have seen tons of juco games. And the number of high major players I saw was limited. Most of those guys are actually playing at high major schools.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Somebody name me the last high impact Juco player not only that has made an impact at Kentucky, but for that matter anywhere. Just based off of the Juco's I have seen at Kentucky: Antwan Barbour Rekalin Sims Kevin Galloway Josh Harrellson Anytime you take a Juco, you are settling for mediocrity.
    Bobby Maze?

Somebody name me the last high impact Juco player not only that has made an impact at Kentucky, but for that matter anywhere.

Just based off of the Juco's I have seen at Kentucky:

Antwan Barbour
    Rekalin Sims
    Kevin Galloway
    Josh Harrellson

Anytime you take a Juco, you are settling for mediocrity.
    And they were all touted as the "next great thing" just like this kid (apparently). Louisville has gone the same route in the past when defections and recruiting misses have piled up and its never worked well either. Really I can't remember the name of any of the Jucos so they didn't leave much of an impression.

Dale Brown was a pretty decent juco guy for Kentucky. Of course that was 18 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Dale Brown was a pretty decent juco guy for Kentucky. Of course that was 18 years ago.
    IU won it's last championship with two juco's starting.

I think relaxed admissions and high school "help" on test scores has pretty well thinned the juco ranks of the great players who couldn't qualify. I doubt that was the case 15 or 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I think relaxed admissions and high school "help" on test scores has pretty well thinned the juco ranks of the great players who couldn't qualify. I doubt that was the case 15 or 20 years ago.
    And all the postgrad prep schools.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    IU won it's last championship with two juco's starting.
    Forgot about that. So did UNLV.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    And they were all touted as the "next great thing" just like this kid (apparently). Louisville has gone the same route in the past when defections and recruiting misses have piled up and its never worked well either. Really I can't remember the name of any of the Jucos so they didn't leave much of an impression.
    The only one I remember that had pretty good acolades was Antwan Barbour. Outside of the fact that he was from Kentucky, he was also the top Juco player in the nation. IIRC, it was between Kentucky and Louisville for his services and Kentucky won out.

Konner Tucker is just another Marc Maggard Flavor of the Month. Just like Hunter McClintock and Darius Smith. I enjoy reading MM, but he does like to push players who are in the mold of what we already have.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Anyway, another ugly game for the Cats. Meeks' +/- would be abysmal if they keep such things.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Anyway, another ugly game for the Cats. Meeks' +/- would be abysmal if they keep such things.
    Agreed, Meeks has tried to take over the game and subsequently has spent time on the bench.

The fact that they are only down five at the half is somewhat encouraging. Kentucky has been a second half team this season and a run would be nice.

PS: If Kentucky does lose the game, wearing black and blue uniforms on likely the final game barring NIT would be the definition of irony.

Kentucky has been a second half team this season
    So has IU, its usually in the second half when IU rolls over and dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

The last major impact JuCo I remember in college basketball was Steve Francis. Obviously that does not happen very often.

Larry Conley: "inattention to detail." Summed it all up in 3 words.

Turn Off Ads?