Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: UK Basketball

Re: Merged: UK Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Beating Kentucky at Rupp a few years ago ranks ahead. And theyve had quite a few tourney wins that are also quite a bit bigger.
    Beating UK in the 1971 NCAA tournament is the biggest win I would think. Although that one got vacated because their best player had signed with an agent.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Thanks, Billy. I was hoping to see some improvement and seeing it in the last 10 minutes of the WV game was refreshing.

For the record, I am not a Billy hater. I know I've not been accused of being one directly but it never hurts to set the record straight. He's proven elsewhere that he's a winner.

My concern has been that, for two years, Kentucky has been beaten at home by far weaker programs. Teams that were considered appetizers for SEC play have come into Rupp and made a major program look like a junior college team. Last year could be considered a fluke. VMI this year eliminates the "fluke" theory.

And I know it's early in the season, but a Kentucky program should not average 23 turnovers a game (with 31 against Kansas State??) against weaker basketball programs. I understand this is Billy's 2nd season but a program at the level of Kentucky should be more fundamentally sound. Kentucky ranks LAST in the NCAA in Turnovers/Game. And this is playing Delaware State and Longview. Sorry...that doesn't cut it. Even with a second-year coach, even with freshmen playing more, this is simply not acceptable at this level.

As I said in an earlier post, Billy G didn't inherit a probation-laden program. He has a program at full-strength, albeit with some sub-par talent on the bench from the previous staff. My contention is that Kentucky, even with a 2nd year coach, even with a couple of players that are lacking in talent, should being playing far above their current level. I know they have the talent, they just need to show it.
    One thing you have to remember and I lose sight of too, is that this is a very young team. No seniors,Meeks is junior but really a sophomore playing wise,neither pg has any experience at that position (Porter and Liggins). It's going to take time and more talent too. No, we shouldn't have lost to VMI but hopefully that will be corrected with more talent and experience. And that will not happen overnight.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Beating Kentucky at Rupp a few years ago ranks ahead. And theyve had quite a few tourney wins that are also quite a bit bigger.
    That was a Tubby Smith team so it doesn't count as a big win for the Toppers. Everyone beat Tubby, remember.

FWIW, I have restarted my blog for Kentucky basketball if anyone is interested. It is located on my signature.

I posted my thoughts on the Liggins situation there.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    FWIW, I have restarted my blog for Kentucky basketball if anyone is interested. It is located on my signature.

I just bookmarked your site...pretty good stuff you have going there.

Nice job.

The good: Kentucky blew out Lamar tonight 103-61. Patterson finished with 31 points.

The bad: Michael Porter and Ramon Harris were both injured in a collision. Harris was taken to the medical clinic, while Porter was stitched up and came back to the bench.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The good: Kentucky blew out Lamar tonight 103-61. Patterson finished with 31 points.

The bad: Michael Porter and Ramon Harris were both injured in a collision. Harris was taken to the medical clinic, while Porter was stitched up and came back to the bench.
    I think those injuries could end up being blessings in disguise (obviously I hope neither young man is seriously injured).

We got to see plenty of players who I think will, throughout this season, prove themselves to be much better than Harris and Porter.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I think those injuries could end up being blessings in disguise (obviously I hope neither young man is seriously injured).

We got to see plenty of players who I think will, throughout this season, prove themselves to be much better than Harris and Porter.
    Liggins and Miller.

Hint. Hint. Hint.

Easily the best performance of the season. They played well in nearly every facet of the game. Only had 16 turnovers and lot of those were in garbage time after the game was well in hand. A backcourt of Liggins and Miller could be a great one in time. I like the play a lot of both of those guys. I doubt either Porter or Harris will play this weekend. Not having Harris against Miami could be a big loss. I would think he would get the bulk of the time guarding McClinton.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Your blog is a good read. I'll have to bookmark it too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

That is about the quietest 31 points I have ever seen from a UK player. I didn't realize he had that many until you pointed it out. He did just have three rebounds but that's just picking nits.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Excellent performance. Now we're seeing good execution. They controlled the ball well and hit open shots. Let's hope they had so much fun that they carry it through for the entire season.

Excellent performance. Now we're seeing good execution. They controlled the ball well and hit open shots. Let's hope they had so much fun that they carry it through for the entire season.
    My hope is that Kentucky can roll through December. Outside of the Miami game, this might be the easiest schedule Kentucky has ever had through a single month. Mississippi Valley, Indiana, Appalachia State, Tennessee St, Florida Atlantic, and Central Michigan should all be wins.

If, and that is a BIG IF, Kentucky can sweep December play, they will be riding a 12 game winning streak into Freedom Hall.

nm

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/Ge...Faith--2144803

Turn Off Ads?