Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: UK Basketball

Re: UK Baseketball

UNC is my pick this year in this game, but make no mistake, UK under Coach Gillispie is on the way back and on the right track.

However: I take Patrick Patterson over Tyler all day every day. Last year he straight up OWNED Hansbrough in that match-up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    UNC is my pick this year in this game, but make no mistake, UK under Coach Gillispie is on the way back and on the right track.

However: I take Patrick Patterson over Tyler all day every day. Last year he straight up OWNED Hansbrough in that match-up.
    You have much man-love for Billy Clyde.

I'd take Hansbrough personally. He's better coached.

Don't forget Matt Pilgrim may become eligible, just found out some new information... Don't tell me that all 160 lbs of Tyler Zeller is going to do anything inside against Patterson or Harrellson... THat is a joke, Ed Davis probably, but not Zeller! PLEASE!

True but I saw different players in the Louisville matchups. Padgett and Caracter dominated Patterson while Hansbrough hit dagger after dagger in the tourney. Don't get me wrong, I think Patterson has more talent but I give the edge to Hansbrough based on his experience coupled with a superior mid-range touch.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    True but I saw different players in the Louisville matchups. Padgett and Caracter dominated Patterson while Hansbrough hit dagger after dagger in the tourney. Don't get me wrong, I think Patterson has more talent but I give the edge to Hansbrough based on his experience coupled with a superior mid-range touch.
    It's not really uncommon for freshmen to have up and down games throughout the season... even great freshmen like Patrick Patterson. I'm judging him by his entire body of work as a freshman, not just his one game against UNC or his game against UL.

Generally, the greatest improvements from a player come during the freshman to sophomore season...

also, watch out for Jodie Meeks. Kid is on a mission this season.

part of BBN

It's not really uncommon for freshmen to have up and down games throughout the season... even great freshmen like Patrick Patterson. I'm judging him by his entire body of work as a freshman, not just his one game against UNC or his game against UL.

Generally, the greatest improvements from a player come during the freshman to sophomore season...

also, watch out for Jodie Meeks. Kid is on a mission this season.
    Bingo ! A healthy Meeks can fill it up and compliment PP very well. They are as stated on the way back. Best players are still young but at least heading in right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Don't forget Matt Pilgrim may become eligible, just found out some new information... Don't tell me that all 160 lbs of Tyler Zeller is going to do anything inside against Patterson or Harrellson... THat is a joke, Ed Davis probably, but not Zeller! PLEASE!
    More like 6'11, 220. Kentucky was hot after him at one point in time.

Bottom line is, Davis and Zeller are ranked 10th and 21st in the nation, respectively. Maybe not so much against Patterson, but I believe Zeller could hold his own against Harrellson or even Stevenson.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    More like 6'11, 220. Kentucky was hot after him at one point in time.

Bottom line is, Davis and Zeller are ranked 10th and 21st in the nation, respectively. Maybe not so much against Patterson, but I believe Zeller could hold his own against Harrellson or even Stevenson.
    I was being sarcastic about Zeller... Harrellson would abuse him down low! Strength will be the difference....
    Harrellson 6'10 265 vs Zeller 6'11 210 or Davis 6'9 215

SKINNY!
    Last edited by jesusfan; 11-04-2008 at 05:49 PM.

It should be a fun game though... seriously....

Patterson's buddy Jai Lucas announced he's transferring today. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Patterson's buddy Jai Lucas announced he's transferring today. Weird.
    Wow, any scuttlebutt as to why? Wonder where he will go...

I always thought he was too undersized for the SEC.

You've got to be REALLY talented to get away with playing at that size in the SEC.

Lucas started all 36 games for Florida last season, averaging 8.5 points and 2.3 assists.

Per Gainesville Sun:

There is much speculation that Lucas will end up with a Big 12 Conference team to be closer to his native Bellaire, Texas, a suburb of Houston.

Donovan:

“He didn’t feel like it was the best fit at that point for him,” Donovan said. “We were using him a little bit off the ball with Nick back there and I don’t think he was mad about that, but I don’t know if (he wanted) to play over there that much. I think on any team there’s a little bit of give and take by everybody. I don’t blame Jai. He’s got to be happy. There’s no reason to go through your career and say, ‘Hey I’m unhappy every day coming to practice.’”

Lucas:

“I just think we were going in different directions.” Lucas said. “I have no regrets about it. The coaching staff, the players, the school, were great. I had a great time while I was here. I just wanted something else.”

“I haven’t really thought about anything other than finishing the semester and getting my credits,” Lucas said.

I'm pretty surprised. Lucas was undersized, but he was a freshman, you know. He was quick and has a nice shot. Sounds like he just wants to play the point, and isn't happy unless he gets to.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    I'm pretty surprised. Lucas was undersized, but he was a freshman, you know. He was quick and has a nice shot. Sounds like he just wants to play the point, and isn't happy unless he gets to.

Weird.
    Really odd. You figure that he had to know going in that Calathes was going to be tough/impossible to beat out for that job.

Yeah, it's just weird, he started in the exhibition game last night (edit: two nights ago). Scored 12 points. Meh, if a guy doesn't want to be somewhere, you gotta let him go.

Donovan said in the article that Lucas will still have access to the weight room, practice facilities, academic staff and everything until he goes. I thought that was pretty cool.

Turn Off Ads?