Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: UK Basketball

Re: Merged: UK Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    If Kentucky loses Saturday against Florida, what will they have to do in the SEC Tourney to get into the NCAA's? The reason I ask is because me being a Bearcat fan wouldn't mind having a UC-UK matchup in the NIT. Gates vs Patterson could be fun. Now, having said that, I do hope UK makes the NCAA Tournament. I also hope that both UC and UK return to the top 10 of college basketball where we belong. It was fun when UC and UK were both elite teams. Even though I hated UK, I loved it.
    Lose to Florida and they'd need to win two games in the SEC tourney, IMO, to feel safe.

As others have said, the 34 is weakkkkk this year, so one win could end up allowing them to back in.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Lose to Florida and they'd need to win two games in the SEC tourney, IMO, to feel safe.

As others have said, the 34 is weakkkkk this year, so one win could end up allowing them to back in.
    It certainly seems like everyone is losing right now. Just in the Big East alone Notre Dame, Georgetown, and Cincy have all had bad losses of late to put them on the wrong side of the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    It certainly seems like everyone is losing right now. Just in the Big East alone Notre Dame, Georgetown, and Cincy have all had bad losses of late to put them on the wrong side of the bubble.
    That is what infuriates me so mush about UC losing at USF, if they would of taken care of business vs USF and Seton Hall this Saturday and won maybe just one game in New York UC might have gotten a bid.

Still have to beat UGa. My prediction if UK and UC were to match up: bad basketball.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Still have to beat UGa. My prediction if UK and UC were to match up: bad basketball.
    Oh my...a loss to Georgia would probably be a final dagger. UK will win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Oh my...a loss to Georgia would probably be a final dagger. UK will win tonight.
    I hope, but right now Georgia is up by 4. Porter is the unsung hero right now with four threes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Things are gonna get ugly for BG if they can't pull this one out. Down five with about 2:30 to play.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    With 2 games to go last season, UK was 16-11. This year, they're 19-10. Last year, they were 10-4 in conference play. This year, they're 8-6. Given the emergence of Meeks along with Patterson's ability, I think we should expect more...especially with the SEC being down overall this year. Even if they win both remaining games, this team will do worse in the conference than last year.
    With the disclaimer that UK became a secondary affiliation when I went to college somewhere else, I still follow them and root for them... I agree with the above. I know Gillispie didn't walk into a turnkey team, but there aren't a lot of teams out there with a pair like Patterson and Meeks. It shouldn't be that hard to fill in around them with useful role players, especially for a guy who can recruit like Gillispie, and in a sport where other high-profile programs like Kansas or UNC can get back to the Tournament with little suspense despite practically replacing the entire team from the year before. Something's not quite right and I'm not sure what.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

to the SEC tonight.

LSU. . . .and then maybe who?? gets a tourney bid? Tennessee and South Carolina?

3 bid league?

That was a really bad loss. Gillispie hasn't experienced any heat compared to what he will face now after a home loss to the worst team in the SEC and an NIT trip imminent.

Get ready for a Big Blue meltdown.

This team has completely tanked down the stretch. I'm just speechless right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm guessing Rhode Island is pleased with the way the night went.

Auburn might be the best bet for a fourth bid out of the SEC. Crazy as that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This team has completely tanked down the stretch. I'm just speechless right now.
    This is when youth is supposed to be experienced and freshman become sophomores. I know this has happened at UofL as the light has come on with some of the freshman. Perhaps UK's situation might look differently now if Liggins and Miller had gotten more consistent playing throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    This is when youth is supposed to be experienced and freshman become sophomores. I know this has happened at UofL as the light has come on with some of the freshman. Perhaps UK's situation might look differently now if Liggins and Miller had gotten more consistent playing throughout the year.
    Not sure what game you were watching but Miller played great although that's one of those great criticisms that can't be proven or disproven.

Turn Off Ads?