Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1031

Thread: Merged: UK Basketball

  1. #76
    Member jesusfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Grayson, Ky
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: UK Baseketball

    Dear Jai,

    No thanks, we have Deandre Liggins with G.J Vilarino and K.C Ross Miller coming in 09 and 10... You had your chance, sorry.

    Sincerely,

    UK fan base
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Your 2008-2009 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Thread

    Perry Stevenson has 16 points, 20 rebounds, and 7 blocks tonight.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-07-2008 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  4. #78
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Your 2008-2009 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Perry Stevenson has 16 points, 20 rebounds, and 7 blocks tonight.
    I wouldn't get too caught up in the stats when they are playing cupcakes.

  5. #79
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Your 2008-2009 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I wouldn't get too caught up in the stats when they are playing cupcakes.
    I'm not. Just a nice stat line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #80
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Your 2008-2009 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'm not. Just a nice stat line.
    They also didn't play very well from what I read.

    Gillispie was even chewing out Stevenson after the game for some of the plays made.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  7. #81
    Member jesusfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Grayson, Ky
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: Your 2008-2009 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They also didn't play very well from what I read.

    Gillispie was even chewing out Stevenson after the game for some of the plays made.
    No, they didn't play very well... But, that is the difference in this year's team compared to last year's team. Last year, they would've won by single digits, this year they pulled away and got up by as much as 33 points, winning by 22.
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

  8. #82
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Your 2008-2009 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They also didn't play very well from what I read.

    Gillispie was even chewing out Stevenson after the game for some of the plays made.
    Yeah in the post-game show he said that he felt that Perry played "Okay" but that he could also "Play much better."

    I really like how Coach Gillispie holds HIMSELF to the same high standards that he holds his players. He always says "We, the Coaches need to do a better job of preparing these guys for this or that" BEFORE he says anything about a particular player. I'm not sure if Tubby ever took that sort of responsibility in 11 years in Lexington.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  9. #83
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Your 2008-2009 Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    No, they didn't play very well... But, that is the difference in this year's team compared to last year's team. Last year, they would've won by single digits, this year they pulled away and got up by as much as 33 points, winning by 22.
    Plus they did they played much better and pulled way ahead after a halftime chewing.
    16 TO's in first half and 2 thru the majority of the second half. (not sure what final total was)

  10. #84
    The Latin Heartthrob Javy Pornstache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    631

    Re: Merged: UK Basketball

    Question for the UK fans that are out of Kentucky (or anyone that can answer, really):

    I need to get a package from DirecTV to get UK b-ball games this season. What would be the better bet - to get the DirecTV sports tier that has all the Fox Sports affiliates, or would it be better to just get the ESPN Full Court season package? Price doesn't matter too much, just matters which avenue would get more of the UK games. Their early season games against the smaller teams are on the Big Blue Sports Network, which would be on some of the FSN South affiliates - but what about the SEC conference games on Raycom? Do they get picked up by ESPN Full Court in addition to the early-season BBSN games? Are UK games easily viewable by either means?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  11. #85
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,334

    Re: Merged: UK Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Javy Pornstache View Post
    Question for the UK fans that are out of Kentucky (or anyone that can answer, really):

    I need to get a package from DirecTV to get UK b-ball games this season. What would be the better bet - to get the DirecTV sports tier that has all the Fox Sports affiliates, or would it be better to just get the ESPN Full Court season package? Price doesn't matter too much, just matters which avenue would get more of the UK games. Their early season games against the smaller teams are on the Big Blue Sports Network, which would be on some of the FSN South affiliates - but what about the SEC conference games on Raycom? Do they get picked up by ESPN Full Court in addition to the early-season BBSN games? Are UK games easily viewable by either means?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Your best bet is get the ESPN Full Court package. You will get all the BBSN games and all the Raycom games. Full Court is showing UK 16 times this season. The most of anyone. In fact,I'm ordering today.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  12. #86
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Merged: UK Basketball

    Hansbrough is "extremely doubtful" for this Saturday's game according to Roy Williams. There is a good chance he won't play Tuesday either. That's good news for Cats fans.

  13. #87
    The Latin Heartthrob Javy Pornstache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    631

    Re: Merged: UK Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Your best bet is get the ESPN Full Court package. You will get all the BBSN games and all the Raycom games. Full Court is showing UK 16 times this season. The most of anyone. In fact,I'm ordering today.
    Very cool, thanks a bunch, I'll be joining you in ordering today it looks like!

  14. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: Merged: UK Basketball

    Nice defense. UK made the #277 team (Sagarin) look like all stars.

    Good thing they match up so well with UNC.

  15. #89
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Merged: UK Basketball

    *Impending Meltdown*
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  16. #90
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Merged: UK Basketball

    Hey when you're giving such major minutes to freshmen (Liggins and Miller), these kinds of things happen. Poor defense, but I actually saw quite a few encouraging things late in the 2nd half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25