Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: UK Basketball

Re: Merged: UK Basketball

I think my friend summed it up succinctly.

"There's no shame in giving up 111 points to VMI, it's what they do. The shame is that you didn't score 140 on their awful defense."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Per ESPN:

North Carolina senior All-American Tyler Hansbrough will not play against Kentucky on Tuesday night in Chapel Hill.

UNC coach Roy Williams said during a Monday news conference that there was no change in Hansbrough's condition.

Hansbrough sat out Saturday's season-opening win over Penn with a stress reaction in his shin.

The Tar Heels play Friday at UC Santa Barbara en route to the Maui Invitational next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Per ESPN:
    They apparantly cut off the quote, "I mean he would have played but we didn't really think we'd need him. I mean VMI?"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    They apparantly cut off the quote, "I mean he would have played but we didn't really think we'd need him. I mean VMI?"

And UNC is putting it all over Kentucky right now 36-21.

IMO its not how good UNC is looking, but how disoriented Kentucky looks offensively. They are trying to get into a horse race with UNC. That didn't work against VMI of all teams, now they want to do it with the no 1 team in the nation.

Also doesn't help that Kentucky is getting NO PG play tonight. Porter is the worst player Tubby Smith has ever recruited outside of his own son, and Liggins got a stare from Gillispie that made Tubby's stare look weak.

Meeks has taken way too many shots. I don't know if he is trying to do too much or if Gillispie is telling him to do it, but if I were coaching, two things I would be aiming to do:

1.Feed the ball inside to Patterson and let him battle it out with Davis and Zeller.

2.Slow down the tempo of the game.

I'm holding out hope Kentucky can close the gap, but right now its not looking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

This is ugly

77-58 the final.

Zeller got knocked out with an apparent hand injury.

28 turnovers tonight. I understand this is North Carolina, but they should have learned something playing against VMI.

Does anybody else think Meeks has taken a page from Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford in trying to be the star at the expense of the team? I got that impression tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

One comment - Porter is way worse than Saul.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    One comment - Porter is way worse than Saul.
    Dab!!! Awesome to see you back!

Go easy on Porter. I am hoping to see him get MUCH more PT this season.

Good to be back brm. I fear you will see much more PGMP. At least your Hoosiers are 2-0.

Good to be back brm. I fear you will see much more PGMP. At least your Hoosiers are 2-0.
    My gut says the winning record won't last very long but I'll take it for now.

I fear you will see much more PGMP.
    Why would I fear seeing much more PGMP? I'm looking forward to it honestly.

It's a darn bit better than 0-2. What if they lose to Delaware St?

It's a darn bit better than 0-2. What if they lose to Delaware St?
    I don't think they will. I've been told countless times that BCG is one of the top 3 or 4 coaches in the country. His team won't go 0-3.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    My gut says the winning record won't last very long but I'll take it for now.
    At least you have won two games. That's more than I can about my Cats. Looks to be a long season. Although what happened last night was expected. You really should have some fun this season with IU. There is absolutely no pressure to win. What wins you get you can feel good about. UK went trough this in Pitino's first season. He had 7 scholarship players and no one over 6-7. It turned out to be a fun season and surprisingly went 14-14. I think IU will surprise some teams this year and get blistered by some too. Crean will turn them around.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?