Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Quick Recap from Az visit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quick Recap from Az visit

In general stadiums nicer than Fl, the Peoria (SD/Sea) facility is great. The Reds/Indians facilty is in the part of Phx I like best (west of town). Stadium nowhere close to being done. No visible (from street) work being done on Reds part.

Traffic is murder on the freeways there.

Not a scout, but couldn't shake the feeling that Stubbs, Valaika and Turner are destined to be 2nd tier guys that compete for roster slots, get some playing time and bounce between majors and minors.

Brett Wallace of St Louis has HUGE thighs and butt. If there's a hurricane grab on to him. Hits pretty good though.....

The player that impressed me most? Justin Smoak...... the kid is huge, is super smooth with glove, hits the hell out of the ball. I wish we had taken him.

The unknown that got my attention was Tyler Flowers a catcher for Braves. That guy can hit and he only played A ball this year. Love to see Reds get him.

Sorry Should have posted to Minor League forum
    Last edited by JaxRed; 11-05-2008 at 01:07 AM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?