Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swisher???

Re: Swisher???

If the Reds made one deal this year, this is the one I would like the most. I beleive we wouldn't lose any of our core guys in trade. Adding a quality arm in Vazquez makes the pitching staff even better.

Swisher gives the Reds an outfielder who plays 4 position (3OF -1B) and a player that could hit 25+HR, 100 BB, 100 Runs and hopefully a 2007 like OPS (.836).

Vazquez makes the bottom 4 and 5 rotation spots even better. I got Vazquez pegged for the #3 spot. One of Cueto/Harang pitches 4th and Arroyo is #5. That would be the best rotation in the NLC.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    If the Reds made one deal this year, this is the one I would like the most. I beleive we wouldn't lose any of our core guys in trade. Adding a quality arm in Vazquez makes the pitching staff even better.

Swisher gives the Reds an outfielder who plays 4 position (3OF -1B) and a player that could hit 25+HR, 100 BB, 100 Runs and hopefully a 2007 like OPS (.836).

Vazquez makes the bottom 4 and 5 rotation spots even better. I got Vazquez pegged for the #3 spot. One of Cueto/Harang pitches 4th and Arroyo is #5. That would be the best rotation in the NLC.
    It really would be a good trade to make. Not sexy, but one that could improve the squad.

won't happen. but feel free to enjoy the dream

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    won't happen. but feel free to enjoy the dream
    So what will happen? Enlighten us please?

i would just be shocked if it DID happan. very, VERY shocked. just a pipe dream of a fan. so if that's what you're smokin enjoy the buzz.

i will, thanks.

by the way, freel, thompson, valaika, and a throw in for both of them?
    well maybe we'll find out soon enough but i bet they'd want more.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    by the way, freel, thompson, valaika, and a throw in for both of them?
    well maybe we'll find out soon enough but i bet they'd want more.
    I would go ahead and add Stubbs to that list. I was thinking that they were looking to dump salary but from what I read they actually are trying to get younger and more athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I would go ahead and add Stubbs to that list. I was thinking that they were looking to dump salary but from what I read they actually are trying to get younger and more athletic.
    Kenny Williams always says stuff like that, but it never really matures into anything. Kenny always wants to "win now" and it never fails. The only trade he really ever made to get younger was Freddy Garcia for Gavin Floyd (I consider the Brandon McCarthy for Danks trade a wash in age), in almost every other trade scenario he has added a veteran player.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    ^^Well if the reds offer a big name prospect like Bailey, I'm sure the White Sox would bite on such an offer if there were one or two other trivial players added into the deal. williams is recklessly shopping these two from the buzz I have read and picked up on from the chicago radio stations and sports articles in a desperate attempt to add speed and I feel that he can be lured into a terrible trade by any team with a decent prospect or two, and the Reds certainly fit that bill.

He took on Griffey, didn't he?

Yeah well again that is him adding an aging veteran because sometimes I hobestly feel that KW doesn't think that players get older, Kenny never really trades major league talent unless he gets major league talent in return. Plus I wouldn't call the Griffey trade terrible, I mean Danny Richar is probably as important to a big league team as I am because I wouldn't negatively impact the team with a horrid OPS, I would just sit on the bench. And Nick masset is pretty crappy too. Griff IMO was an insurance policy that worked out because CQ got hurt plus the reds paid half of his salary and the two teams split the buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Being from Ohio, He may do better with the Reds because he may feel comfortable playing half the season closer to home.

Just a thought
    He's from West Virginia; I grew up with him (he's a bit younger than me and knew my sister pretty well). He did have a spectacular career for the Buckeyes, though. Couldn't let that one slide; we don't have a ton of big leaguers coming out of WV and we've got to stake our claim to the ones we produce.

If it were up to Swisher, I think he might like playing in Cincinnati or Cleveland. He was not thrilled with the trade to Chicago at all. As it is, I don't think the Reds have a ton to offer the Sox. If we could pull this one off, great. But I don't see it happening. That said, I'm a big fan of his and think he would be a nice piece to our puzzle.

He was born in Columbus so technically he is from Ohio

His BABIP is pretty much the only stat that dropped off last year. Same line drives, GB, k, BB and such like that. I would be interested in him if it meant we got him on the cheap. I think his numbes were a fluke last year.

the million dollar question is just how much exactly will he be dealt for. he'll help someone next year. i'm just not sure we need to or should overpay for anyone right now.

Turn Off Ads?