Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Swisher???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Swisher???

Per MLBTRADERUMORS.COM

White Sox Shopping Vazquez, Swisher?
    By Tim Dierkes [November 4 at 11:07pm CST]
    According to Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune, the White Sox are aggressively shopping Javier Vazquez and Nick Swisher. Additionally, the Sox reportedly have interest in Rockies center fielder Willy Taveras.

GM Ken Williams didn't offer much info regarding possible trade talks. Van Dyck speculates on names like Luis Castillo or Julio Lugo for Vazquez, seemingly suggesting Vazquez has a terrible contract too. Hard to figure out, as he remains a useful mid-rotation starter. Van Dyck wonders whether the A's or Red Sox would have interest in Swisher, based on some tenuous Moneyball connection.

Van Dyck says the Rockies wouldn't have interest in Vazquez or Swisher, but rather a young pitcher like Lance Broadway for Taveras.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Personally I would be all over a trade that included both of these guys. I would stipulate that Freel or Gonzo would have to be part of the deal for some money relief purposes. I would then include probably 1 of our higher ranked prospects and two of the middle ranked ones and see what the Sox said.

Swisher is kind of like Dunn lite but with better D, and the ability to play multiple positions. He is also a switch hitter with power from both sides. Perfect buy low candidate IMO. I liked his years in Oakland and a move to the NL may help him out.
    Swishers Career line:
    .244 .354 .451 .805 .... Not too shabby.

Vazquez would give us the potential to have the best rotation in the division if not the National League.

Maybe a package of Freel, Thompson, Valiakia, and a throw in could get it done?
    Last edited by schmidty622; 11-05-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Turn Off Ads?