Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swisher???

Re: Swisher???

Deal Stubs, Moloney, Freel for Swisher the sox said they need speed and Drew and Ryan bring that, then Trade Arroyo, Bailey, and Roenicke (how ever you spell it) for JJ Hardy because Milwakee needs Pitchings and they feel Escobar is ready to play short, sign a Starting Pitcher, Garland, Perez, Penny or any thats available to take over Arroyos spot and there

1. Dikerson
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. JJ Hardy
    5. Bruce
    6. Swisher
    7. Encarnacion
    8. Hanigan or Free Agent

Starters
    Harang
    Volquez
    Free Agent
    Cueto
    Owings/Masset/Ramirez

and the bullpen is solid just sign affeled or marte and maybe weathers just to have a veteran in the bullpen

2. Turn Off Ads?

eh that's a maybe. we don't know for sure that dickerson is the answer for a full season in center. but between dickerson and stubbs the odds are improved that we'll be ok.

and i could see the milwaukee deal helping them out more than it would us. which definitely wouldn't be a plus.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Giving up an awful lot for Swisher imo

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    He was born in Columbus so technically he is from Ohio
    OK, I'll give you that. But Parkersburg still gets to claim him, too.

Deal

Is JJ hardy worth Arroyo and 2 specs? He had his best year last year and had an .821 OPS which is good, but not great. He also doesn't have great OBP numbers. Plus Hardy's RZR is not that much better than Kepp's. it is better, but it is not like Hardy is a top of the notch fielder. Arroyo is an innings eater and that is pretty valuable especially if he is going to be a 3 or a 4 in the rotation. 200 IP is not easily replaced and those free agent pitchers will be a little pricy. IMO it makes more sense to keep arroyo and sign a SS like furcal

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/st...lastName=hardy
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

Having a life is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Giving up an awful lot for Swisher imo
    Swisher and Willingham are pretty comparable, I think, especially after the year Swisher had. The Nats got Olsen and Willingham for a light hitting 2B and some low level specs. Maybe the Reds could swoop in to Chi-town and pry Swisher and Vazquez away for a similar package.

They might have to give up more because Vazquez is more proven, although he is not a lefty, and Kenny Williams is more apt to acquire major league ready talent. I would use the Olsen/Willingham deal as the measuring stick and see where Kenny wants to go from there.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Nick Swisher-OF- White Sox Nov. 12 - 9:57 am et

The Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox "have strengthened efforts to deal" Nick Swisher.

Unlike Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko and Javier Vazquez, Swisher doesn't have no-trade rights. He's signed through 2011, but hit just .219/.332/.410 in 588 plate appearances while losing his starting job last season.
    Source: Chicago Tribune
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

^^If the White Sox are seriously this stupid, then I would prefer the reds to be the benefactor or KW's inferior brain. Swishers numbers were so unbelievable unlucky, that if his numbers were still sub par to the norm, I would expect his OBP to rise about 32 points and his Slugging to rise about 40 points. Looking at those adjusted numbers, swisher's line would have been .259/.364/.450 which is a pretty respectable line, not to mention that his BABIP at .249was roughly 80 points below what it should have been with his LD% of 20.9. If his luck completely stablized under those conditions swisher probably would have hit around .280/.390/.470 which is a pretty darn good hitter. Now all of this is shoulda,coulda,woulda but, I believe that the "normalized" numbers more accurately predict what swisher is capable of doing. Not too mention he posted an .864 and .836 over in pitcher friendly Oakland and a move to GABP would make any hitter much happier. The same could be said about US cellular, but the Baseball Gods, the Gods of luck, or random variablity was not in Swisher's favor this past season. Swish has breakout '09 written all over him and the white sox want to deal him so badly that his value cannot be very high. He would be a great pickup for any team.
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

He would look perfect in left, batting between Votto and Bruce. Not the big bat everyone wants but a pretty good player, who is due for a breakout.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

I dont know about breakout but I like the chances that he doesnt repeat last years numbers.

.830 .850 OSP is what I would expect.

Jermaine Dye would also be a nice pickup from the Whitesox but it sounds like he would cost quite a bit more.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

^^I dout that the white sox move both dye and swisher. If they trade Dye, Quentin would move to right, swisher to LF and then someone new in CF. If Swisher gets traded then Dye would stay in RF and CQ in LF and someone new in CF. Also even if Swisher produces a .830 OPS, he is still performing well considering his contract. He is due to make 5.3 million next year and 6.75 million in 2010 and 9 million in 2011 and that is relatively cheap. Getting swisher would allow the reds to improve LF and have money left over to address a more important need IMO in SS.

I wasn't implying that they would get both, just that Dye would be a nice bat too.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Turn Off Ads?