Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Movies you can watch over and over again...

Re: Movies you can watch over and over again...

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Steel, I got a ton of respect for ya.

but Independence Day is the biggest piece of crap film ever. Like worse than Battlefield Earth bad.
    Hush now. There is no way ID4 is strictly worse than Battlefield Earth or, for that matter, Superman IV, any of the Highlander sequels, Catwoman, Elektra, xXx:State of the Union, Invasion, or The Chronicles of Riddick. And it's probably not worse than guilty pleasure flicks like Crank, Shoot 'em Up, or Smokin' Aces. I actually went to the theater to see Elektra before watching a Steelers playoff loss and I'd have to point to that movie being the low point of my day. Most of those films need to be re-titled just to let the viewer know what they're in for:

Ridiculousman IV
    Highlander 2: The New Batch
    Elektra: Dr. Frank-N-Furter's Revenge
    zZz: State of Ice Cube's Career
    The Chronicles of What the Hell is This?!?!?
    LOLCatwoman: EPIC FAIL!!

I actually own some of those other movies so, yes, my "redeeming quality" bar is set pretty low when all I want to do is rest my brain cells for a couple hours while watching stuff blow up.

And don't even get me started on Gigli. How that film gets even 2.3 stars out of 10 on imdb.com is one of life's great mysteries.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post

I just wet my pants a little laughing at that.

As a side note, I tried to read the synopsis of Rocky Horror Picture Show on imdb once. Mercy. The US Tax Code makes more sense than that gibberish did.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 12-04-2008 at 08:16 AM.

Hush now. There is no way ID4 is strictly worse than Battlefield Earth or, for that matter, Superman IV, any of the Highlander sequels, Catwoman, Elektra, xXx:State of the Union, Invasion, or The Chronicles of Riddick. And it's probably not worse than guilty pleasure flicks like Crank, Shoot 'em Up, or Smokin' Aces. I actually went to the theater to see Elektra before watching a Steelers playoff loss and I'd have to point to that movie being the low point of my day. Most of those films need to be re-titled just to let the viewer know what they're in for:

Ridiculousman IV

I actually own some of those other movies so, yes, my "redeeming quality" bar is set pretty low when all I want to do is rest my brain cells for a couple hours while watching stuff blow up.

And don't even get me started on Gigli. How that film gets even 2.3 stars out of 10 on imdb.com is one of life's great mysteries.
    you... dare... slam.... Riddick?

I love that movie. I have no idea why, but I love that movie. it just looks pretty. Anyone that can kill a man with a teacup... well, that's just made of win.

The others I pretty much agree with except Elektra. I could watch that sans sound all day long.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    you... dare... slam.... Riddick?

I love that movie. I have no idea why, but I love that movie. it just looks pretty. Anyone that can kill a man with a teacup... well, that's just made of win.

The others I pretty much agree with except Elektra. I could watch that sans sound all day long.
    Maybe the Reds could sign Vin Diesel and see how much his clubhouse presence and intimidation toward the other team help the Reds Win :

Ridiculousman IV

Hey....I had "Smokin' Aces" listed as one of my guilty pleasures.

36 posts before the Fugitive got s mention. Man am I old.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    But it's bad in such a big, blockbuster-y way. I'm with Steel, I have a hard time not watching that ridiculous mess.
    "Is that glass bulletproof?"

"No sir!"

My brother and I use that line when we are about to destroy something, typically in a fit of rage.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

My ID4 rant.

forget the fact that the entire alien super network was taken down by a Mac. I totally buy that as I think Steve Jobs is an alien. Someone explain to me how any american pilot can have less than a day's training in a 50 year old (at least) UFO designed for aliens with 9 foot long arms, AND have him outfly the entire TELEPATHIC alien armada?

I'm great at suspending my disbelief. I totally believe the dinosaurs are real in Jurassic Park. But this... this? can't do it.

god I hate that movie.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I will usually stop and watch just about any classic movie if I happen across it. Unfortunately, that was easy when I was a kid; there were classic movies on all the time. Now, I have to pick them up at the library. Here are a few that I could watch over and over:

Caine Mutiny- I think this is one of Bogart's greatest performance, but José Ferrer's performance is the one that has always captivated me.

Double Indemnity- Definitely not your "My Three Sons" Fred MacMurray

Cape Fear (original)- One word people, "Mitchum". Who on earth thought a remake of this could possibly be more frightening than him?

Treasure of Sierra Madre- If only to hear that guy say, "We don't need no stinking badges!"

Bridge over the River Kwai- The second best war movie ever made.

Guns of Navarone- More David Niven, can there possibly be too much (with the exception of Please don't eat the Daisies)?

African Queen- Hepburn and Bogey. Any questions?

Inherit the Wind and Twelve Angry Men- I put these together because they are the type of movies that will never be made again. There's way too much talking in these movies. Then again, none of the movies in this list would get made today.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Double Indemnity- Definitely not your "My Three Sons" Fred MacMurray

Heh. Whenever I watch that movie I think the same thing. Especially whenever he calls Barbara Stanwick, "Baby".
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?