Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 700 WLW reporting changes to Great American Ballpark

700 WLW reporting changes to Great American Ballpark

I heard this at 7am.

The are going to gut out the 4192 club and redue it. The are going to be replacing the video screens to make then HD the one attached to scoreboard. I hope they replace the scoreboard and make it a real video screen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 700 WLW reporting changes to Great American Ballpark

They should start with moving the outfield walls back!

I really hope they demolish the whole place and rebuild Riverfront Stadium.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    They should start with moving the outfield walls back!
    Agreed. Take out a few rows along the outfield and raise the walls a bit.

Is their anymore word on restucture of Great American Ball Park?

Sounds great! The stadium needs some changes. I agree with the previous posters, we need the wall moved back. Putting a wind screen, as Harang suggested, in the gap, would also cut down homers to right.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Was scared they'd move the fences back when I first saw this. Phew.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Its pretty sad that changes have to be made to a ballpark that is 6 years old, thanks Uncle Carl and John Allen for cheaping out on the stadium when it was originally built.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Was scared they'd move the fences back when I first saw this. Phew.
    Chicks dig the long ball.

From Friday's Bus Courier... I think they meant 4192 is down the right field line...

The Cincinnati Reds will make a multimillion-dollar investment this offseason in two major improvements to Great American Ball Park by installing a high-definition video scoreboard and renovating a popular stadium club.

The moves are the latest in a series of additions the Reds have made to the ballpark since owner Bob Castellini took over in January 2006. Those include the addition of the Frontgate Outdoor Luxury Suite behind home plate and the Cincinnati Bell Riverboat Deck and Technology Pavilion beyond center field.
    Improve facility, fan experience

?They?re looking to make significant improvements to the facility and the fan experience, which we have a common interest in,? said Eric Stuckey, assistant administrator for Hamilton County, which owns the stadium and has to approve major changes.

The Reds plan to gut and revamp the inside of the FSN Ohio Club 4,192, which is down the left-field line and is typically used by fans who have seats in the 300 level, just below the club. The Reds plan to make the space more open than the current layout that includes a large bar in the middle. That could increase its use on non-game days.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    From Friday's Bus Courier... I think they meant 4192 is down the right field line...

The Cincinnati Reds will make a multimillion-dollar investment this offseason in two major improvements to Great American Ball Park by installing a high-definition video scoreboard and renovating a popular stadium club.

The moves are the latest in a series of additions the Reds have made to the ballpark since owner Bob Castellini took over in January 2006. Those include the addition of the Frontgate Outdoor Luxury Suite behind home plate and the Cincinnati Bell Riverboat Deck and Technology Pavilion beyond center field.
    Improve facility, fan experience

?They?re looking to make significant improvements to the facility and the fan experience, which we have a common interest in,? said Eric Stuckey, assistant administrator for Hamilton County, which owns the stadium and has to approve major changes.

The Reds plan to gut and revamp the inside of the FSN Ohio Club 4,192, which is down the left-field line and is typically used by fans who have seats in the 300 level, just below the club. The Reds plan to make the space more open than the current layout that includes a large bar in the middle. That could increase its use on non-game days.
    Man they can keep this crap and dump that money back towards the team.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Man they can keep this crap and dump that money back towards the team.
    Amen brother. Also, am I the only one who's annoyed they have all this loud video nonsense to "engage the fans" between innings? Like we can't entertain ourselves for 90 seconds? The product is on the field.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Schnickelfritz

A couple of my friends do production work for the scoreboard. They've already gutted the control room.

</geek>

The 4192 club wasn't exactly all that and a bag of chips. It was the same as walking to a bar on the mezzine plus some hard stuff. Maybe now it will be worth the $.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Its pretty sad that changes have to be made to a ballpark that is 6 years old, thanks Uncle Carl and John Allen for cheaping out on the stadium when it was originally built.
    6yrs ago there was no HD. They're adding HD score board.

I dont care about the 4192 club. but the HD screen was definitely needed.

Turn Off Ads?