Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good FA Tracker

High five!

Good FA Tracker

Here's a good free agent tracker from Yahoo. Complete with rankings and snarky commentary!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good FA Tracker

Four of the bottom six on that list are former Reds. I found that slightly amusing.

High five!

From that list, I like:

SP: Derek Lowe
    RP: Joe Beimel, Jeremy Affeldt, Dennys Reyes, Chad Cordero
    C: none, Ross is actually the most interesting guy there
    SS: Rafael Furcal (duh)
    OF: Adam Dunn, Milton Bradley, Juan Rivera, Gabe Kapler,

Here's ESPN's. Just the facts, no commentary.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/featur...il&season=2008
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Juan Cruz, Rocco Baldelli, and Juan Rivera.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Juan Cruz, Rocco Baldelli, and Juan Rivera.
    I don't think Baldelli could ever be a NL player. He just isn't able to sustain a high level of play when being forced to play a position every day. In the AL he can DH on days when he is physically too tired to play.

I'd actually consider Aurillia or Branyan back as PHs as long as I didn't have to pay much money (and I had some sort of iron-clad assurance that Dusty would never make RA the starting SS).

Orlando Hudson
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't think Baldelli could ever be a NL player. He just isn't able to sustain a high level of play when being forced to play a position every day. In the AL he can DH on days when he is physically too tired to play.
    He's getting treatment for his mitochondrial disorder, which should improve his endurance.

It's doubtful that he will ever be cheaper.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Baldelli will be in Tampa or Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Orlando Hudson
    x2

Seriously, offer Hudson 3 years/$40 MM. Move Phillips to SS and trade Valaika and a pitcher (Maloney/Ramirez) for Adrian Beltre. Move EdE to LF and you have a contender.
    Go BLUE!!!

Seriously, offer Hudson 3 years/$40 MM. Move Phillips to SS and trade Valaika and a pitcher (Maloney/Ramirez) for Adrian Beltre. Move EdE to LF and you have a contender.
    I've read some stuff that believes Hudson will be average fielder when he returns from his injury. If that's the case, he becomes a whole lot less valuable and not nearly worth your proposed contract. I wouldn't enter into the Hudson bidding...

I would welcome a new line-up built around speed and Defense... Go get Randy Winn to play CF for 2 years...

1. Winn-CF
    2. Hudson- 2nd
    3. Bruce- RF
    4. Beltre- 3rd
    5. Votto- 1st
    6. Phillips- SS
    7. Dickerson/EE?- LF
    8. Hanigan/C?- C
    Last edited by jesusfan; 11-10-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I've read some stuff that believes Hudson will be average fielder when he returns from his injury. If that's the case, he becomes a whole lot less valuable and not nearly worth your proposed contract. I wouldn't enter into the Hudson bidding...
    Maybe, but who knows? I presume he would get a full physical before signing the contract. Also, I would be interested in Furcal if you could get him for 3 years or less. He would most likely cost more than Hudson.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?