Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UC @ Louisville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UC @ Louisville

#22 UC heads to Louisville on Friday night for an 8pm start (televised by ESPN2, I believe). It's a game that UC should win if they play well, but it's also an absolutely pivotal game that UC cannot overlook since Pitt - and the potential de facto Big East Championship game - looms next Saturday.

For the most part, UC has played outstanding defense all year long, and their defense in the redzone has been crucial against both South Florida and West Virginia. Louisville is missing one of their star WR for the rest of the season which may also hopefully cut into the Louisville offensive attack a bit.

Hopefully UC doesn't catch themselves looking ahead to next Saturday, and I've got faith in Brian Kelly to make sure that doesn't happen. Play well, execute well, protect the football, and avoid the stupid penalties, and let's grab a win heading into the Pitt game.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Porkchop Sandwiches

Re: UC @ Louisville

Louisville always seems to find a way to get to UC, and this reeks of a trap game. I will be watching this game with my breath held until the final gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    Louisville always seems to find a way to get to UC, and this reeks of a trap game. I will be watching this game with my breath held until the final gun.
    Louisville is a bad football team BUT they always play UC well and they are better at home than on the road (see @Pitt and @Syracuse).

And, I hate to say it, but I just don't think UC is anything special. They are one of the best teams in a bad conference but that doesn't really say much. Beating WVU and USF looked more difficult at the beginning of the year than it does now.

Given Hunter Cantwell's propensity to throw TDs to the other team I'm not going to pick the Cards but a win wouldn't surprise me.

Louisville hasn't lost as a home underdog since 1999.

Granted, before Kragthorpe arrived, Louisville hadn't been a home underdog since their 2002 win over Florida State, but it's a fun worthless statistic.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Here is one reason I think the Bearcats win this by 14+....

This is a senior laden team who has never beaten Louisville. Its their last chance to beat them and with all thats on the line I just can't see a way that they overlook them or look past them and don't just take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Here is one reason I think the Bearcats win this by 14+....

This is a senior laden team who has never beaten Louisville. Its their last chance to beat them and with all thats on the line I just can't see a way that they overlook them or look past them and don't just take care of business.
    Bring the keg home, boys...

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Bring the keg home, boys...

You should have made that picture in black and white.

Go Cards.

Though I hope it's a good game.

I think this will be a close game since it's a rivalry and in Louisville, but I expect the Cats to pull out a close one.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Latest weather reports indicate rain. This could factor in with UC's already horrible tendency of turning the ball over, and possibly neatralizing the pass attack. I still think UC wins a close one, I wont dare call this one early.

Almost game time! I'm pumped. I have friends coming with me next week, and I would love for it to be for the Big East Championship!

Louisville is up 17-14

UC gave Louisville free points early in the game by going for it on 4th and 1 on about the 28 or 29 yard line and not getting a first down.

UC is now down 20-14

UC has missed 2 field goals and gave Louisville really good field position after fumbling around the 10 yard line.

UC is now up 21-20 with about 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Also is Louisville's field goal kicker not wearing a shoe on his right foot?

Probably wouldn't have mattered but U of L got hosed on that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?