Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UC @ Louisville

Re: UC @ Louisville

UC won 28-20

Kelly didn't want to go and shake Louisville's head coaches hand after the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What was up with Brian Kelly's behavior after the game?

Wow he came off really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

Not sure. We'd have to think that it will all come out in the next day or so. Edit: The UC forums are saying that Kragthorpe turned his back on Kelly during the handshake. There's plenty of hearsay right now, that's for sure.

And I know Louisville is having what they'd consider to be a down year, but this win still feels great. 2 trophies down, 1 to go. That last one is the biggest of all.
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-14-2008 at 11:49 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Him and Krag were at it all game after Krag flipped on BK for holding a team prayer around the Cardinal logo at midfield.

Ahh, k. Sounds pretty contentious on both sides.

The cameras just made Kelly look bad b/c they only showed him doing the "Phooey" gesture with his hands.

ESPNs announcers said it started before the game when Louisville's coach got upset about the Bearcats praying in a circle around Louisville's logo.

Then I guess him and Kelly had some words about it.

ESPN also said that UC does this before every game whether it's at home or on the road.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Go Bearcats!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

A hard fought game on the road in rough conditions, but wins are wins, especially conference wins. As Kelly has stated, those wins against South Florida and West Virginia don't mean as much if we couldn't take care of business against Louisville.

But we picked up the win and now Nippert will be absolutely rocking in the biggest game in UC history next Saturday!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Good game, some stupid play-calls on running, and rainy sums up the game. Got some great free tickets on the 50yd line.

Idk why Bilal Powell kept getting the ball as he was running side to side nearly the entire time; and every nice yard pick-up they got was called back from penalties. I'm not one to blame it all on Kragthorpe, but the coaching did call some plays that had me scratching my head.

Hope Vic is okay, rough hit, but he was up on the sidelines so that's good.

Tough loss for UofL, but that's how it goes. I miss airing it out down field.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Great game. Hard fought. Both sides had questionable calls, but the kids played their hearts out. Jake Rogers left 9 points on the field, hopefully he can find them in the next week. Pitt awaits in what promises to be an ELECTRIC game.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    I'm not one to blame it all on Kragthorpe
    I'm not sure who else you COULD blame? Santa Claus?

The UofL Athletic Department sure did a good job of feeding Spielman and McDonough a line of bull to repeat on the air about what a "mess" Kragthorpe inherited.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    But we picked up the win and now Nippert will be absolutely rocking in the biggest game in UC history next Saturday!
    As someone who has been going to UC games for as long as I can remember, the thought of them being 1 win away from a trip to the Orange Bowl is absolutely mind blowing.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

This week is going to be painfully slow waiting for Saturday. Flat out awesome that the Cats are 2 wins away from the Orange Bowl.

ESPN did make Kelly look bad. Kelly said that his guys prayed at the middle of the field before the game, and somehow Kragthorpe found that to be disrespectful and confronted Kelly. Kelly said they disagreed but kept it professional. After the game Kelly's wave of the hand that made him look like the bad guy apparently was in disgust because Kragthorpe was running off the field. FWIW Kragthorpe said in his post-game interview that he and Kelly did shake hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm not sure who else you COULD blame? Santa Claus?

The UofL Athletic Department sure did a good job of feeding Spielman and McDonough a line of bull to repeat on the air about what a "mess" Kragthorpe inherited.
    You know, there are others coaches.....and the fact that Cantwell is nowhere near what Brohm was leads me to think that this team isn't as good as UofL fans want it to be, although they are making strides. (ie, see Ron English)

They'll start making strides once Kragthorpe is gone.

Turn Off Ads?