Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Boone Supporters, Chime in Please!

RedSchmo

Bob Boone Supporters, Chime in Please!

Alright, this season is coming to a resounding thud of an end for the Reds. I know there are several Bob Boone supporters on this board.

Rather than me ranting (again) about Boone being a terrible manager, what I want the Boone-backers to post is this - your argument for Boone is a good Manager. Please include any (and I mean any) hard evidence (use facts if you can) that says he is a good manager.

Hard evidence??? - What do I mean?

Here are two reasons I've read on this board before that are NOT hard evidence -

1) "This years team is better than most people thought they would be" is not hard evidence. The words "most" and "thought" make that a very vague statement. So please do not use that one - I've heard it too many times.

2) "The players like Bob Boone and support him as the manager" is also not evidence of him being a good manager. I'll bet most of the players also like Jennifer Love Hewitt, but she couldn't manage a baseball team (insert your joke here). Plus, what someone says publicly about their boss is normally not considered real credible. If you have talked to most of the Reds players personally about Bob Boone in 1-1 conversations, and this is what they told you, then use it if you want to support your stance.

Thanks in advance for your response... and good luck!!!
    Last edited by RedSchmo; 08-31-2002 at 09:55 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He hasn't killed anyone yet - that we know of.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

4. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-10-2014)

He provides more managerial moves per dollar paid than any other manager in history. A true value.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-10-2014)

If Bob hadn't taken the salary, one of us would have had to manage this team, because nobody else who ever accomplished anything in baseball would take it.

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-10-2014)

And judging how this team has quit, he should be fired, but we know that won't happen.

syncope
    I like the way Bob Boone says "points" instead of runs.

He's such an intellectual.

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.
    Aaron's bimbo may refuse to marry him if his dad is not a manager.

Red Ball Express
    I was listening to the game thursday, and they featured one of those "On this day in Reds' history... " deals.

On That chosen date in Reds' history, Pete Rose scored what would be the deciding run in a Reds' victory by scoring from SECOND! base on a passed ball charged to Bob Boone.

Several times since the great putz joined the Reds, I have heard him dis Pete as a selfish player.

Pete was not only a player in a league Boone coudn't even see, but a better manager as well.

BTW, I've never heard Pete Rose dis Bob Boone. I wonder if he even remembers him.

[B]Several times since the great putz joined the Reds, I have heard him dis Pete as a selfish player.

Pete was not only a player in a league Boone coudn't even see, but a better manager as well.

BTW, I've never heard Pete Rose dis Bob Boone. I wonder if he even remembers him.[B/]

That's it!!! Off with Bob Boone's head!!!!

Red Ball Express:

Can you provide any links to said disses of Pete by Bob.

Thanks
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.- Stan Helsing

Red Ball Express
    ND,

I'm sorry I can't link you to any documented evidence of the remarks of Bob Boone regarding Pete's alleged selfishness as a player, but you may rest assured they are on the record somewhere.

Check old Cinti Enquirer stories dating to last spring training. Boone was quoted as saying - in response to criticisms of Jr. Griffey's alleged selfisness - that... 'Pete Rose was the most selfish guy I ever played with'...

Hard to link something I read off of actual tree pulp!

I apologize but I read the Enquirer, Post, and this board just about everyday and I cannot remmeber any such reference. Anybody else? You would think our current manager dissing the greatest player in Reds history would be memorable??????
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.- Stan Helsing

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    He said "yes" before Oester could take back "no".

I know that that doesn't make him a good manager, but I'm forever grateful.
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-01-2002 at 03:25 AM.

Red Ball Express
    Boone certainly made those comments, and if no-one on this board of individuals who could statistically document Whitey Wiedleman's bowel movements cares to back me up on it, I will personally provide a referrence in due time.

But, in the meantime, let me ask you this: Why would someone invent stupidity on behalf of a subject so rich in its natural production?

How can anyone complain YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!

Turn Off Ads?