Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyway to fix Casey?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What would you consider Dunn and Kearns? IMO, they are two of the best young hitters in the game.

Originally posted by TeamBoone

I don't consider ANY of them "prime talent". Do you? Pokey's the only one who even comes close... defensively, and I think we all know that he was traded because he didn't want to be here.

Thanks Chip. Sounds like they're going to go in and clean up the mess in the rotator cuff from the tendinitis. You've gotta love arthroscopic surgery. A few little incisions and a stiff shoulder for a little while and you're back in action in no time.

Anyone want to bet that Kremchek only "assists" on this surgery as usual?

Any word on what specifically they will be doing to the shoulder?

Spay or Neuter?

Maybe that'll stop him from grabbing himself so much in the batter's box?????

gotcha, rila.

The only reason I know the difference is that some of the local die-hards still bring up Nick's name from time to time.

(usually, it's along the lines of "*$&%*% Nick Esasky...")

Of course, I never chuckle and mention that Nick was at least a decent player for the Reds...

Back to the Esasky reference earlier in this thread...

Nick's bust-out year was with the Red Sox, not Atlanta. He cashed in his monster year with Boston & came to Atlanta, only to come down with vertigo...

Well, LF, this is from Hal so take it with a grain of salt. What Hal said was that Casey was going to get arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder soon so he will be ready for ST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The Rockies will let us have Neagle back! They've been trying to dump his 9 Mil/yr salary all year! And yet there were those who nailed this management when we refused to resign him. A good move on our part, or we'd be griping about his and Lark's salary! (LOL)

Sean Casey will be given the chance to redeem himself in 2003, and he should be afforded that opportunity. You cannot fault a player for injury.

Besides, Enron stock is alot higher right now than his! So it is a mote point about discussing getting rid of him. I don't think there are any takers at this point. But maybe there wil be if he can rebound next year.

I'm a firm believer that no one can be labelled as "untouchable" if a move can improve a team.

Originally posted by M2
    (heck, there was a taker for Dmitri Young).
    This one was baffling to me when it happened and is even more so now. Why the Tigers signed Dmitri to such a contract, with Simon there, Munson on the way, and THEN got Pena is beyond me. Throw in Fick and Higginson and you have an early '02 Reds-style 1B/OF glut, less the talent! At least they have the DH position to include as a possible home for those guys. I will never be too down on the Reds after seeing the Tigers "braintrust" in action.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Let him get healthy is the best thing you can do. I'd say stay off the weights this off season. Some guys just don't need to bulk up ala Griffey Jr.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Originally posted by icehole3
    There is no lemon law in baseball.
    Excellent point, icehole. Can I call you that?

No lemon law. Makes me wanna cry, but there's none of that in baseball, either.

I agree, ramp. It took him almost 600 AB to hit 25 in 1999. He'll be lucky to ever get that many AB in one year again. Even if he did (get the AB), he'd have to do a 180 on a 3-year trend that's left him a J.T. Snow clone (minus the glove).

Red Ball: Anything's possible. Did you see that interview with the Pittsburgh reporter? The guy aksed Casey how many taters he'd hit if he were a Pi-rat playing at their new ballpark (PNC?).

Casey: Here? Hah. 20. Maybe 25.

Seems he believes he could get back to his career high. But maybe even he doesn't believe he'll ever improve on 1999. And if he doesn't see it, then that is certainly going to end up being his career year.

Originally posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    How about I give you Casey AND Castro for free?
    Now, Redleg. If ramp is gonna take both of those albatrosses off your hands, you know he's gonna expect you to sweeten the pot a little.

Originally posted by Red Ball Express Sean Casey is a natural .300 hitter when healthy. He will not be healthy again before ST, which is when he would be seeing his next action if it were up to me. [/B]
    That makes sense, Red Ball. But the obvious question then becomes is a .300-hitting Casey good enough to occupy 1B on a good MLB team if he can't swat more than 10 big flies or slug 0.400?

Turn Off Ads?