Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyway to fix Casey?

Is there anyway to fix Casey?

I know all about his career stats.If you were an angel on Casey's shoulder what advice would you give him to get back on track.I think he needs to go to a lighter bat.His swing is way too slow.Also I would like to see him going the other way with everything like in his first year in Cincy.Theyve got to do something with him surgery,minors,shrink,etc.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Uh. No.

All is not lost, however. For only $20-plus million, the Reds have secured for the next three years the services of the best darned cheerleader in the majors.

Did I forget to mention that he's also just the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet? Talk your head right off.
    Last edited by malcontent; 09-02-2002 at 06:20 PM.

seeing how he's going to get his guaranteed money how can he be fixed?There is no lemon law in baseball.

Originally posted by icehole3
    There is no lemon law in baseball.
    Excellent point, icehole. Can I call you that?

No lemon law. Makes me wanna cry, but there's none of that in baseball, either.

Trade him, ala, Paul O'Neill. That's probably a "sure" fix. He'll probably go on to have a great career somewhere else, and I'm sure there is a Roberto Kelly out there for the taking.

Spay or Neuter?

Maybe that'll stop him from grabbing himself so much in the batter's box?????

Yeah, if you traded him to say....Atlanta, he might just go on to have a career down there like Nick Esasky...now that would sure get somebody fired.

Paul O'Niell is not an excuse to keep every plug who makes the team.

Nick E..... wow, he was one good looking man. Whatever happened to him? I remember the vertigo thing then he disappeared.

Red Ball Express
    Why not just apply the same logic to Casey that sensible posters are touting for Griffey: SHUT HIM DOWN ALREADY!!

The guy has been playing with a bum shoulder since what, May?

Seems pretty obvious to me that the cortisone and guts treatment isn't working.

Sean Casey is a natural .300 hitter when healthy. He will not be healthy again before ST, which is when he would be seeing his next action if it were up to me.

Let him get healthy is the best thing you can do. I'd say stay off the weights this off season. Some guys just don't need to bulk up ala Griffey Jr.

shut him down for good

it wont matter, where he goes cause he blows

I find it amazing that some people, who at times I like to believe have a little bit of baseball sense, can characterize a pretty good ballplayer as a "plug".

he isnt "pretty good" anymore

he is mediocre at best

Originally posted by Red Ball Express Sean Casey is a natural .300 hitter when healthy. He will not be healthy again before ST, which is when he would be seeing his next action if it were up to me. [/B]
    That makes sense, Red Ball. But the obvious question then becomes is a .300-hitting Casey good enough to occupy 1B on a good MLB team if he can't swat more than 10 big flies or slug 0.400?

if he was on a good team like the yanks or someone, a .300avg at 1b would be fine

i dont think any pitcher is afraid of him

Turn Off Ads?