Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Buck

2 2.00%
  • Zach Cozart

2 2.00%
  • Carlos Fisher

2 2.00%
  • Ryan Hanigan

2 2.00%
  • Chris Heisey

3 3.00%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

0 0%
  • Jeremy Horst

0 0%
  • Sam Lecure

0 0%
  • Matt Maloney

5 5.00%
  • Ramon Ramirez

7 7.00%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

33 33.00%
  • Josh Roenicke

8 8.00%
  • Adam Rosales

1 1.00%
  • Zach Stewart

28 28.00%
  • Justin Turner

6 6.00%
  • Pedro Viola

1 1.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Redszone's Top Prospects

Prospect #1 - Yonder Alonso
    Prospect #2 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect #3 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect #4 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect #5 - Chris Valaika
    Prospect #6 - Kyle Lotzkar
    Prospect #7 - Daryl Thompson
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect #9 - Juan Duran
    Prospect #10 - Chris Dickerson
    Prospect #11 - Devin Mesoraco
    Prospect #12 - Danny Dorn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Y-Rod

I went with Zach Stewart slightly over Roenicke with Yorman and Fisher also getting consideration. The reason I chose Stewart over Roenicke is because Stewart already has command of two plus pitches, whereas Roenicke has a dominant fastball but is still trying gain consistent command of his breaking ball. Both project as dominant setup/closer types in the majors.

Put me down for Cozart. He's a SS that will still be playing SS if he reaches the big leagues. He showed some promise on offense and that is enough for me at this point.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Went with Zach Stewart. Best reliever in the system, has closer potential with his mid 90's fastball and he came into the minors and dominated right away.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Went with Zach Stewart. Best reliever in the system, has closer potential with his mid 90's fastball and he came into the minors and dominated right away.
    I like Stewart a lot. I have a bunch of guys real close at this point. Can't really argue with just about any of 20 or so guys now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

If Ryan Hanigan is good enough to be our starting catcher next year, then I think it is time for him to come of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I like Stewart a lot. I have a bunch of guys real close at this point. Can't really argue with just about any of 20 or so guys now.
    I'd agree so many are bunched closely together. But I do think if you look at it from a combined all opposing GM's chair there would be some who you would want over others. That's sorta the way I am currently looking at it. Which IMO is Zach Stewart currently. He's a guy we just drafted and he could be in AA to start the season, which means he could also be in AAA before the season is up. A guy moving that fast should get the attention he's so far forced.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I'd agree so many are bunched closely together. But I do think if you look at it from a combined all opposing GM's chair there would be some who you would want over others. That's sorta the way I am currently looking at it. Which IMO is Zach Stewart currently. He's a guy we just drafted and he could be in AA to start the season, which means he could also be in AAA before the season is up. A guy moving that fast should get the attention he's so far forced.
    Don't completely disagree, but Stewart can't be traded until late in the year so I didn't give that a lot of weight. I do think Stewart could fly through the org quickly.

Yorman this time, Stewart next.

It's time for Ramon Ramirez, our #5 starter next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a ERA under 4 and won 15 games next year. I'm pretty high on him, however.

It was between Stewart and Heisey for me. Stewart is potentially a plus middle reliever. I like the K's and GB%. The sample size is small, however. Thus, I went with Heisey. He has been consistent through all levels and seems to be improving as he moves up; high SB percent; plus defense. Heisey should start against LHP and be available as PH, PR and/or defensive replacement otherwise. I think he could get 300 ABs.

My outfield in 2010: Dorn/Heisey in left; Bruce in right; Stubbs/Dickerson in center. Beat RHPs with power; beat LHPs with speed and defense. Yes, that leaves two LH first basemen. Among Dorn, Alonzo, and Votto, one would have to be traded. But then, all should have high trade value.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    It was between Stewart and Heisey for me. Stewart is potentially a plus middle reliever. I like the K's and GB%. The sample size is small, however.
    Stewart is a potentially plus middle reliever? I think you are selling his potential extremely short.

Ramon Ramirez. Relief pitching prospects don't have nearly the value as do guys who are potential starters and near-locks to being an effective reliever...

I'll keep picking Stewart until he gets chosen. I think he has awesome stuff and command. He's the closer when Cordero is gone.

Turn Off Ads?