Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Im just glad this UK fan got his tix early

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hoosier Hoops

I'm really excited for this game. I can't say I think IU will win, but I think they can be competitive and who knows? Upsets can and do happen.

If IU were able to pull out an upset Saturday, I'd have to get pretty creative for WMR's avatar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'm pretty sure IU wont win but I think they can win which I havent thought in a few years.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'm really excited for this game. I can't say I think IU will win, but I think they can be competitive and who knows? Upsets can and do happen.
    Pomeroy gives IU a 31% chance of beating Kentucky. That's a 1 in 3 chance.

I won't be shocked by an Indiana win.

INCREDIBLE!!!

Holy mother bleepity bleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Jesus Wept.

WOW I love this team.

Congrats to IU on a major win. Had Watford not hit the game winner that might have been an epic chokejob by IU though. UK played way more in control in the last three minutes than they did the rest of the game.

One thing is for sure though, Kentucky was a much different team in the game when Davis was out with foul trouble. Once he came back in, the bleeding stopped. When he went back out, IU went on a run and extended the lead.

I'm actually kinda happy with the loss. UK has some things they need to work on moving forward (3 pt defense and free throws being the most critical) and I look for teams to test the former the rest of the season. Still wonder where Terrence Jones head was at during the game. He seemed absolutely lost.

Again, congrats on the win. I just hope the series isn't dropped before a rematch at Rupp.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Congrats Hoosier fans. Love to see a traditional powerhouse regain some luster.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

So, I got invited to a party in Bloomington- some connection through our kids at school. Turns out, the party was hosted by a leading liberal in town...so of course, no cable and no way to watch the game.
    Luckily, at least they had a radio and once I unhooked their stupid ipod from the thing we listened to Don Fischer's play by play on local radio. I have to say I don't feel like I missed a thing. Hands down, one of the best PBP guys in the business. Don't know if anyone here has had the pleasure, but he's an absolute gem.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Congrats Hoosier fans. Love to see a traditional powerhouse regain some luster.
    x2

The Buckeyes really need a rival in Big 10 hoops.

I hate that fans are still allowed to rush the court.

I still can't believe they pulled it out. I don't think it would have been a choke job if they lost. Kentucky is a super talented team capable of scoring a ton of points in a short amount of time. An 11 point lead with 7 or 8 mins to play is not safe against UK, I don't care who is playing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    So, I got invited to a party in Bloomington- some connection through our kids at school. Turns out, the party was hosted by a leading liberal in town...so of course, no cable and no way to watch the game.
    Luckily, at least they had a radio and once I unhooked their stupid ipod from the thing we listened to Don Fischer's play by play on local radio. I have to say I don't feel like I missed a thing. Hands down, one of the best PBP guys in the business. Don't know if anyone here has had the pleasure, but he's an absolute gem.
    http://www.insidethehall.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Had Watford not hit the game winner that might have been an epic chokejob by IU though. UK played way more in control in the last three minutes than they did the rest of the game.
    I think the term choke is used a little bit too often. The game is 40 minutes long and there are peaks and valleys for both teams throughout. Because IU had a 10 point lead after their peak and UK's valley, we shouldn't expect that at that time it was going to continue to cruise.

There were things I wished they had done - like go after a guy with 4 fouls, foul Kentucky on the way to the hoop a couple of times - I don't think the team played poorly.

Razor,
    Are you against IU rushing the court because we should be above such things, or any fans rushing the court? In either case I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?