Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

So does the fact that Crean signed that Abell kid today mean he thinks there is gonna be a transfer? Or is he just trying to do anything he can to make the '11-'12 team better?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So does the fact that Crean signed that Abell kid today mean he thinks there is gonna be a transfer? Or is he just trying to do anything he can to make the '11-'12 team better?
    Is a player who was released from a commitment to Bradley anyone to get excited over?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    He's been pretty steadfast in saying that he'll sign as many people as he is allowed. Players will transfer or get injured or go pro or leave the team some way.

He had room for another player for 2011-12, so he signed another player.

This player was apparantly looking at IU, Xavier, and Penn State. So it's not as if IU beat out tOSU for his services, but he was looking at better colleges then Bradley.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

This player was apparantly looking at IU, Xavier, and Penn State. So it's not as if IU beat out tOSU for his services, but he was looking at better colleges then Bradley.
    And Butler.

It has to count for something that I.U, even in a down period, can still beat out Butler for a recruit, especially a guard who stood to benefit from Shelvin Mack's expected NBA draft departure and Van Zant's graduation.

This reduces Daniel Moore to the role of human victory cigar, which is a good thing.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    And Butler.

It has to count for something that I.U, even in a down period, can still beat out Butler for a recruit, especially a guard who stood to benefit from Shelvin Mack's expected NBA draft departure and Van Zant's graduation.

This reduces Daniel Moore to the role of human victory cigar, which is a good thing.
    I don't know if I'd say Mack's expected departure. He's checking out the draft process but I'd be stunned if he actually left, but I agree with the overall point.
    The fact that IU is dominating the state in recruiting when it's easily the 4th best team on the court is a good sign.

Every person they've recruited, I have said, "Well that means Daniel Moore won't play," I refuse to get sucked in until he's no longer in uniform. And even then.

By the way I poke fun at Tom Crean's tweet in this post. http://crimsoncast.com/?p=1402
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Bobby Capobianco leaving IU men's basketball program.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

I wish him well, but honestly, this is no great loss.

Gary Harris, come on down!
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Who doesn't love a little Spring Creaning...

Well, everyone besides Bobby C.

As of a few weeks ago, Capo had no problems with his playing time. He has since deleted his Twitter account so this is the only record of it. There are multiple instances where he put it in text that he couldn't wait for next year. Then, he deletes his Twitter account and some Press Release comes out, weeks after the season ends, that he is transferring due to unhappiness?
    Hrm.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Bobby Capobianco leaving IU men's basketball program.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

I wish him well, but honestly, this is no great loss.

Gary Harris, come on down!
    Well, it's still no sure thing that Harris is coming. They just now have enough scholarships available to sign the 5 players in the class. If Harris committed, it would be an oversign and he'd have to wait until the next year to see if there was in fact a scholarship available.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Who doesn't love a little Spring Creaning...

Well, everyone besides Bobby C.

Hrm.
    Tom Crean saw him on campus for the summer session and said, "Bobby, what are you doing here? I thought we talked about this. I thought you understood when you tweeted about the greatest year for IUBB yet."

In all seriousness, never a great thing when guys decide to take their talents elsewhere, but it's not the end of the world. Front line is still thin and this probably means Cody is going to have to play center more than we'd otherwise like.

Strange Strange News out of State College.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6580565

Ed DeChellis reportedly leaving Penn State for Navy.

We damn well better not lose to the Nittany Lions next year.

Even more surprising that--at least judging by the Penn State message board faithful --many Penn State fans are happy about this. As if they're easily going to be able to replace E Dch with someone who will be a HUGE upgrade.

Are they that delusional?

No doubt R4B. I was surprised that DeChellis was never really even on a rumored hot seat, but you can do a lot worse. And at Penn State they have.

I was wondering when an enterprising reporter was going to pick up and run with this story.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=6587668

Even accepting the fact that stories like these are generally based more on innuendo than actual allegation, this one doesn't seem to have a lot of legs.

A lot of the suspicions seem to center around Drew Adams, the son of the AAU coach who has a lot of influence, was hired to an entry level job with no collegiate coaching experience. This seems to be the definition of an entry level job to me, but maybe I'm crazy.

I pointed this out months ago... glad to see I'm not the only master of the obvious out there.

"Doing it the right way" seems to be a constantly evolving definition.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I pointed this out months ago... glad to see I'm not the only master of the obvious out there.

"Doing it the right way" seems to be a constantly evolving definition.
    Yeah we had the same discussion then.

Essentially, there is no other plausible reason why a fairly smart kid who loves basketball would ever get an entry level job as an administrative assistant were it not for the coach wanting to suck up to his father.

Essentially, there is no other plausible reason for a guy to devote his life to bringing kids from war torn countries other than to enrich himself through seeing the kids go to his alma mater.

Essentially, there is no other plausible reason that Tom Crean would be able to recruit kids who grew up in Indiana to go to IU were it not for the insidious forces at work in the AAU scene.

Not saying that it's not possible that IU could have smudged a detail or two, but I'd like a little more meat on the bones.

Turn Off Ads?