Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    There has been a lot of foul play with regard to players on his watch. We can agree to disagree on the accountability of a coach in those situations.
    You and I can agree, I just think the guy is just flat out dirty and eventually Kentucky will be on probation because of what he "didn't do" but most UK fans will never see that. Even if he did not "do any thing improper" he is the face of the program and he sets the tone thus meaning that he is at fault. But It's better to just let it die and move on.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    How many of IUs games have you watched? They only made 5 3s when they beat OSU in Bloomington. The second half was better because they didn't turn it over nearly as many times and while OSU had a strong shooting second half there wasnt anyone shooting like Smith did in the first half.

They haven't needed to shoot the 3 extremely well to win every game this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    About 5 I think, more than any other team besides OSU. All I know is that someone posted 45% rate on 3s before this slide, I believe that it was in the 20s against Minny, then the first half OSU was some ugly shooting.

And I think the condescension is unnecessary.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    About 5 I think, more than any other team besides OSU. All I know is that someone posted 45% rate on 3s before this slide, I believe that it was in the 20s against Minny, then the first half OSU was some ugly shooting.

And I think the condescension is unnecessary.
    I still think that those losses has more to do with the high turn over rate than the 3pt shooting. Good outside shooting would have helped over come the poor play in other areas but if they had played like they are capable good 3pt shooting isn't a must for then to win.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Oh and where was I condescending? I honestly wanted to know how many of IUs games you've watched. Seems like a fair question. I've only seen 4 or 5 OSU games and I don't think I would know more than you about their deficiencies.

Not that you can't comment on IUs deficiencies, by all means continue to comment, I just wanted to know what kind of a sample size I was getting from you.

Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-17-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stat geek...and proud

This team will never get through the glass ceiling unless they can learn to guard somebody. Bottom line. Hopefully Yogi can play D, because none of our guards can guard anybody right now.

VJIII has been horrible since the Michigan game and Hulls is useless unless he's sticking threes. All that said, I think 9-9 or 10-8 is a very realistic goal for the Big Ten, and being how the Big 10 is a buzzsaw this year, that's probably worth a 3-5 range seed depending on how many wins they can get in the BT Tourney. 9-9 in conference (with that oddball non-conference game vs. Carolina Central) gets us to 22-9 going into that BT Tourney.

If you had told me at the start of the season that 20-24 wins were in the cards I would have asked you what drugs you were on, so I'll take that and be happy. Anything more than that is gravy for this year. Next few years are going to be fun but no matter what, this will go down as one of my favorite Hoosier teams ever, because of the way they've exceeded all expectations.
    Last edited by gilpdawg; 01-17-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    This team will never get through the glass ceiling unless they can learn to guard somebody. Bottom line. Hopefully Yogi can play D, because none of our guards can guard anybody right now.

VJIII has been horrible since the Michigan game and Hulls is useless unless he's sticking threes. All that said, I think 9-9 or 10-8 is a very realistic goal for the Big Ten, and being how the Big 10 is a buzzsaw this year, that's probably worth a 3-5 range seed depending on how many wins they can get in the BT Tourney. 9-9 in conference (with that oddball non-conference game vs. Carolina Central) gets us to 22-9 going into that BT Tourney.

If you had told me at the start of the season that 20-24 wins were in the cards I would have asked you what drugs you were on, so I'll take that and be happy. Anything more than that is gravy for this year. Next few years are going to be fun but no matter what, this will go down as one of my favorite Hoosier teams ever, because of the way they've exceeded all expectations.
    I also think the difficult stretch to start the season has colored some people's views. If IU had lost to OSU at home and beat Minnesota, we'd be talking about how the schedule opens up here and we can get some wins against inferior opponents.

I saw on Twitter that Pomeroy has only one game the rest of the season where IU is an underdog. I don't see IU going 11-1, but I don't think 9-3 or 8-4 are out of expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh and where was I condescending? I honestly wanted to know how many of IUs games you've watched. Seems like a fair question. I've only seen 4 or 5 OSU games and I don't think I would know more than you about their deficiencies.

Not that you can't comment on IUs deficiencies, by all means continue to comment, I just wanted to know what kind of a sample size I was getting from you.

Well, two different times actually. Once when you mocked the idea that I might have some good general knowledge of college basketball and noticed a few trends and seen a few things from closely observing the game over the last 40 years. The other you just addressed, insinuating that my viewpoint is less valid because I haven't watched as many games as you have. And by gosh, you went and looked up the ranking on three point attempts, so how many games have you actually watched, tr? Sorry if it wasn't meant offensive, but that was my reading of the comment.

I've found that I can actually make a keen observation or two even if I haven't watched all of a team's games. This stuff isn't rocket science.

I've also found that fans can get so wrapped up in the details of their team from watching them every game that they "can't see the forest from the trees."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

@Nebraska Wednesday is an incredibly crucial game. We need a win badly. If we slip up here, I think it will show that this team's confidence is shot.

Anything other than a 17-3 record after this week (sounds silly) will be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    @Nebraska Wednesday is an incredibly crucial game. We need a win badly. If we slip up here, I think it will show that this team's confidence is shot.

Anything other than a 17-3 record after this week (sounds silly) will be a disappointment.
    Agreed. Even with the slip up against Minnesota, this team has passed every test of "NOT LAST THREE YEARS" but if they were to lose to Nebraska, it shows that this team is still capable of prolonged stretches with no confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I'm closing this one down and you good Hoosier fans have reached the 1000 post milestone.

Please start a new thread.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?