Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Kyrie Irving says IU is at the top of his list.

“They’re at the top of my list for now,” Irving told Zagoria in a phone interview. “It’s them and Notre Dame and Duke and Virginia. They’re at the top of my list right now.”

“They have my major, which is journalism, one of the best programs in the country in journalism,” Irving continued. “I got a home feeling when I went out in Indiana. They showed me around the campus. I got a feel a good feel for the campus. It went really well. The fan support was tremendous. They really showed me a good time out there.”
    Last edited by BRM; 06-02-2009 at 02:44 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow, nothing like immediately putting on the breaks though. Good thing the interview didn't go any further or he might have had 6 schools "definately at the top of his list."

Glad to be one of the four though.

The current ITH Poll is "Who will lead Indiana in scoring next season?". The choices are:

Devan Dumes
    Christian Watford
    Maurice Creek
    Verdell Jones
    Jeremiah Rivers
    Tom Pritchard

I'm going with Watford. I think Creek takes some of Dumes' time but not right away. Creek may be the leading scorer for the B11 season though.

I'm dissapointed Tijan's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm dissapointed Tijan's not an option.

Watford is the leading vote getter by the way.

I would pick Verdell Jones. How good was this guy at the end of the season?? And now we are supposed to believe he is not going to even start or be a factor this season. C'mon, the incoming players are really good, but I still think Verdell leads the team in scoring for the season. Last 10 games, maybe Watford or Creek are the leading scorers. I can't wait to see how much muscle Verdell puts on during the offseason.

I'm really excited to see how good these guys are.

Bum

Anyone here have season tickets for football?

I don't. Had them for a couple of years when Hoeppner was coach. Dropped them for economic reasons in the bowl year, but I did get the cheap $100 set that year.

When the update came through via Twitter, the first thought that raced through the minds of Indiana fans was, ‘Is Coach Crean going to bring back Bobby?’ He did, after all, say he wanted to bring every former coach, player and manager back to Bloomington. (If he had more than 140 characters, I’m sure a disclaimer would have been added for Kelvin Sampson and Eli Holman. No one throws a potted plant and gets away with it!)

From all indications, the return of the General to Assembly Hall is unlikely to happen anytime soon or possibly, ever. Through back channels, hands have been extended and overtures made. With no results.

Despite the over the top pleas by Dick Vitale and the majority of the IU fanbase, hard feelings about his dismissal still run deep for Coach Knight. And that may always be the case even though the administration that chased him from Bloomington is long gone.

Knight never has been or never will be a man that forgives or forgets easily. If you peel away the bully mentality that dominates his personality, this is a man that is still hurt by the way things ended at Indiana.

From Indiana’s perspective, the major factor is in place to facilitate a reunion: Tom Crean. Knight was never going to acknowledge IU under Mike Davis or Kelvin Sampson. Knight’s relationship with Davis ended once his former assistant took over. And his tolerance for a cheater like Sampson was zero. But with Crean, the program finally has a coach that even Knight would be proud of. Even if he never admits it.
    http://www.insidethehall.com/

Kelvin Sampson's appeal on his five year show-cause order was denied by the NCAA yesterday.

In other news - Crean and Calipari have been discussing moving the IU/UK game back to a neutral site, alternating between Louisville and Indianapolis. This would begin in 2010 if they can work it out. This year's game is in Bloomington.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Kelvin Sampson's appeal on his five year show-cause order was denied by the NCAA yesterday.

In other news - Crean and Calipari have been discussing moving the IU/UK game back to a neutral site, alternating between Louisville and Indianapolis. This would begin in 2010 if they can work it out. This year's game is in Bloomington.
    I hate this trend. Neutral site games suck.

Knight never has been or never will be a man that forgives or forgets easily.
    RMK hold a grudge ... say it ain't so Bobby.

I am sure Bobby has reveled in the demise of the Hoosier program.

Looks like Tom isn't as averse to stepping into the gray area as Hoosier fans would like to believe. Maybe they oughta put his application for sainthood on hold after all.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,176769

But then again, maybe some rival fan/coach hacked into his twitter account... I'm just having trouble believing that the super-duper clean Tom Crean would do such a thing.

There's not really a gray area here. There are rules Crean follows them.
    Where there are no rules, Crean takes advantage.

That said, this practice should be verboten.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Looks like Tom isn't as averse to stepping into the gray area as Hoosier fans would like to believe. Maybe they oughta put his application for sainthood on hold after all.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,176769

But then again, maybe some rival fan/coach hacked into his twitter account... I'm just having trouble believing that the super-duper clean Tom Crean would do such a thing.
    I read most of that article wondering if Kyle Irving is related to Kyrie Irving. Supposedly there are a lot of other coaches that follow recruits too, I'm too lazy to look it up though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?