Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Is he their only 2010 commitment so far?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Is he their only 2010 commitment so far?
    Yep.

This may deserve its own thread but IU announced they will induct Bob Knight into the IU hall of fame this fall. That's one way to get attendance for the IU-Wisconsin football game.

On a side note they are also inducting Jerry Yeagley who is among the classiest human beings ever to be associated with the University.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    This may deserve its own thread but IU announced they will induct Bob Knight into the IU hall of fame this fall. That's one way to get attendance for the IU-Wisconsin football game.

On a side note they are also inducting Jerry Yeagley who is among the classiest human beings ever to be associated with the University.
    What do you think the odds of Coach Knight actually showing up?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

The feeling in Indy is he probably won't, either because he doesn't want to steal the spotlight from the other inductees, or just because of general crankiness.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    The feeling in Indy is he probably won't, either because he doesn't want to steal the spotlight from the other inductees, or just because of general crankiness.
    I vote its because of the general crankiness.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I'm not sure. I think it's good that they're going to use Bob Hammel to lobby for him to come back. But if he comes back fine, if not fine. It's just better that he's inducted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm not sure. I think it's good that they're going to use Bob Hammel to lobby for him to come back. But if he comes back fine, if not fine. It's just better that he's inducted.
    That's how I feel about it too. I hope he comes back though. It would be nice to see him there again.

Chris Korman and Terry Hutchens weigh in on the Knight induction. Taken from ITH.

+ Chris Korman: Bloomington Herald-Times: Ignoring Knight — which had seemed to be the strategy until Tom Crean arrived on campus — was to partake in his tantrum. By pretending to have moved on more completely than it ever could have, the university was simply exacerbating the problem. No tension grows as thick as tension that is unspoken.

Now, it will break. Knight will come back. Or he won’t. That’s up to him. He’ll send that message when he’s ready.

+ Terry Hutchens: Indianapolis Star: When I spoke to several former IU basketball players on Saturday afternoon for a story that runs on Sunday in the Indianapolis Star, I got the impression that as a group they would like to see Knight come back to Bloomington and be honored. I think as a group they would like to all come back and be part of a big celebration to honor the man they truly love and respect. But while they would like to see that take place, I don’t think anyone is holding their breath on this one.

While I believe IU is doing the right thing here by attempting to honor coach Knight as a member of the Indiana Athletics Hall of Fame, I also don’t really think RMK will be back the first weekend in November for the induction and the introduction the next day at halftime of the IU-Wisconsin football game.

I missed this one from Kent Sterling of 1070 The Fan.

+ Kent Sterling: 1070 The Fan: In the end, though, Knight was a untethered renegade after John Ryan and Ralph Floyd were no longer his bosses. Tom Ehrlich tried to corral Knight, and paid the price as Knight danced with New Mexico as a potential employer. No one in Indiana needs another recitation of Knight’s over the top behavior, so let’s just say he behaved as though he was above consequence as he continually treated people inside and outside Assembly Hall with disdain.

Does Bob Knight belong in the Indiana University Athletic Hall of Fame? Absolutely. If any coach belongs in a hall of fame, it’s Bob Knight. If he shows up and expresses a respect for his employer of 29 years, that would bring a fitting and appropriate closure to his career at IU. It would give his former players and fans a chance to say thanks with an ovation that would echo through Assembly Hall for years. If he doesn’t show up, it would be typical behavior from a man who has spent a lifetime playing by his own rules and answering to no one other than the man he sees in the mirror.

Comments from Coach Crean on Creek, Muniru, and Bob Knight:

The eligibility of Maurice Creek and Bawa Muniru: “There’s some technicalities with it. We’re looking forward to them being cleared very soon. We don’t have any reason to believe that they won’t be. it’s just a matter of it getting done. The paperwork that goes into it, it’s all there. Hopefully we won’t have to revise their schedule at all. Right now I can’t tell you exactly what we’ll do there. We’re going to wait and hope we hear something by the end of this week or the latest hopefully by the beginning of next week, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t hear something by then, that they’ll be cleared and ready to go.”

On Bobby Knight’s induction to the Indiana Hall of Fame: “I was all for it. It’s just a matter of looking out and saying ‘Let’s get it done.’ I think it will be fantastic to be able to walk into that building and have people walk into that building and know that their coach is honored with all of the other greats at Indiana, because certainly it’s one thing to have him in the Naismith Hall of Fame, but with everything he did at Indiana, the shelf’s not full yet. Let’s get the shelf full and get him in there.”

Maurice Creek was cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Maurice Creek was cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse yesterday.
    So that means after his playing days are over he will be declared ineligible and IU will have to forfeit their 2012 National Championship. Right?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    So that means after his playing days are over he will be declared ineligible and IU will have to forfeit their 2012 National Championship. Right?
    I like the 2012 Championship part! I'd prefer to leave all forfeiting of games and removing of banners to the University of Kentucky if at all possible.

Indiana received their 2nd 2010 commitment, 3-star guard Victor Oladipo.

Victor is ranked 133rd overall in his class according to Rivals.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Oladipo-84192
    Last edited by WMR; 09-07-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Turn Off Ads?