Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

I've been following Crean on twitter lately. He tweets quite often and seems genuinely excited about the guys he has. Here's his latest:

TomCrean Its also a treat to watch them get to know each other as people and teammates. No entourages and package deals. No divas. No look at me.
    about 4 hours ago from txt

TomCrean Its awesome to sit in this Arena and watch this group of very young men learn to work at the pace and intensity that will be needed to win.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Coach Crean's first Video update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jETmTZKN0U

I freakin' love Tom Crean.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 09-08-2009 at 06:00 PM.

That was way more than 149 characters.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Great coach! Loved the video.

Bum

Well this sucks.

http://www.idsnews.com/blogs/hoosierhype/?p=2706

In a major shift from information given only a couple weeks ago, IU is out of the mix for the No. 4 point guard in the nation, Kyrie Irving, his uncle Sye Dean told Adam Zagoria of Zagsblog. Formerly, it was believed that Indiana and Duke were Irving’s top two schools, and that he would definitely take a visit to both.

Earlier today, his father told Zagoria that the Irvings were postponing their visit to IU, slated for Oct. 2, and that they were planning a visit to Georgia Tech on Oct. 23.

This is a huge blow to IU’s recruiting class for 2010. However, Josh Selby, the No. 4 overall recruit in the land, who is also a point guard, has recently added IU to the list of schools he is looking at. That may be IU’s last hope for a five-star player this year.

Currently, the class includes the No. 133 recruit in the nation, three-star shooting guard Victor Oladipo, and the unranked two-star forward David Williams.

I don't get too invested in recruiting, but I can't help but wonder how IU went from so high to so low so quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Damn, that's a kick in the pants.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I don't get too invested in recruiting, but I can't help but wonder how IU went from so high to so low so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    They hit rock bottom with Kelvin but they started to drop by the end of Knight's tenure. Mike Davis brought some energy to the program the first few years but was in over his head once Coach Knights players left.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Disappointing news about Irving. Crean needed him given what's currently committed for 2010. Now we hold out hope for the extreme long shot, Josh Selby.

That Selby kid is a bad dude, I almost think I like him better than Kyrie Irving. The only thing is in all of the video I've seen of Selby I haven't seen one jump shot. Even still I'd love it if Crean could some how sneak in and steal him.

EDIT: I just watched the compilation on ITH and he takes two 3's in that video. His jumper looks good enough for someone with his athletic ability.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 09-23-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Selby trimmed his list down to six over the weekend and IU is still in the running. He isn't expected to sign until next spring at the earliest though.

The six:

Baylor
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Miami
    Syracuse

Has anyone seen ESPN's College Basketball Encyclopedia yet? Jeff Sagarin has a computer-based ranking of the top programs of all-time in it and Indiana is 5th. The top five are Kentucky, UCLA, Kansas, North Carolina and Indiana.

Inside The Hall has a link to the complete list. It's here.

From ITH.

Buried near the bottom of an Associated Press story about Bob Knight taking a jab at the NCAA (surprise, surprise) was confirmation that the former coach is still undecided on his plans for November 6:

Knight was fired at Indiana in 2000 after violating a zero-tolerance behavioral policy. He said Tuesday he hadn’t decided whether to attend his induction into the university’s athletics Hall of Fame on Nov. 6. He hasn’t returned to the school since his firing.

Undecided is certainly better than no, right? While it was once inconceivable that Knight would return, it seems like Indiana will do everything within reason to get him back to Bloomington. Whether it works, well, that’s anybody’s guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    From ITH.
    For what its worth Dan Datkich said on his radio show that Knight will be there.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I have to say, I like the cut of these kids' jib.

"We're going to hang banners and win awards before we leave here," Elston said. "But we're also going to change the program. We're going to be the team people talk about for a long time, the ones that brought Indiana back. That's something a lot of people don't get the chance to do."

"I know this: We won't be scared or intimidated by anyone," Capobianco said. "We won't be out there with pee running down our legs. We want to be the team where people are sitting in the stands thinking, 'How in the world are they winning this game?' We want that stunned silence, like people can't believe what they're seeing."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?