Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Gotta say, I love those quotes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dick Vitale has announced that Bob Knight will not attend the HOF Ceremony via his Twitter account.

http://twitter.com/dickiev/status/5239150647
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Dick Vitale has announced that Bob Knight will not attend the HOF Ceremony via his Twitter account.

http://twitter.com/dickiev/status/5239150647
    Disappointed but not surprised.

I'm a little dissapointed in Coach Knight letting Vitale be his mouthpiece.

Ah well, more sun shines on Jerry Yeagley this Saturday and that's something that everyone should appreciate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

From Inside The Hall:

When you’re the athletic director of a school that’s never won a national championship in basketball, you are forced to creatively sell your program as some sort of juggernaut. That, my friends, is exactly what Purdue’s athletic director, Morgan Burke, did recently at a tipoff dinner for his Boilermakers.

Speaking about how wonderful a time it is to be a Purdue basketball fan, Burke served up this one-liner:
    “It should not come as a surprise, because Purdue leads the conference with 21 Big Ten championships. Nobody else has 21, not even the people down south of Indianapolis.”
    And here is my rebuttal: “It should not come as a surprise, because Indiana leads the conference with five national championships. Nobody else has five. And the people north of Indianapolis are still waiting for their first.”

Nice try, Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    From Inside The Hall:
    I'm really hoping this Purdue team doesn't make the final four because this is going to be their best and maybe last chance for a while.

While I think Painter's a good coach who will always have Purdue on the top half of the Big 10, this 5 man recruiting class was his chance, like Thad Matta's class at tOSU to make his true mark. If they fall short this year, Johnson's likely gone for the NBA and Purdue is going to be left with a bunch of role players.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle that.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Bawa Muniru cleared to play.

from www.idsnews.com

Tom Crean just tweeted freshman center Bawa Muniru is eligible:

No comments from Friday night's game?

I know one thing. I am already a huge Derek Elston fan.

Didn't see anything but Elston sounds like he really impressed.

IU just got a committment from Will Sheehey, a 3 star wing(I think IU's going to run the all wing offense next year.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Didn't see anything but Elston sounds like he really impressed.

IU just got a committment from Will Sheehey, a 3 star wing(I think IU's going to run the all wing offense next year.)
    Watford and Creek did as well but I expected them to. Wasn't sure what to see from Elston so he was a very nice surprise. Watford and Elston give them some nice athleticism and depth in the front court.

I saw that on Sheehey.

David Williams de-committed last week. I'm sure most saw that already though.

I thought played pretty well for most of last night's game. I changed the channel when they were up by 20+ points and then I changed it back and they were only up nine. I'm not sure what happened towards the end of the game, but I don't like the fact that they let that team back in. I guess it's mostly because they're young.

I'm liking Rivers a lot. He's better than I thought he'd be and I'm glad that Hulls gets to ease into the point and doesn't have it all thrown on him as a freshmen.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I agree Razor, the only real dissapointments last night were Dumes and Pritchard had ugly games but that will happen.
    Rivers played a little bit too fast from the sound of it and IU turned the ball over 18 times(26.4%) which is abysmal and is where they were last year.

That said, I'm still thinking a 14-15 win campaign is certainly doable. Should be interesting to see what they do in Puerto Rico this week.

I'm thinking .500 is a realistic goal for this team. An NIT appearance would be huge.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

With at least 5 players at least 6'9", interior defense should be improved. I like the potential of Bawa Muniru, at least on the defensive side of the ball. More depth than last year, too. The growth process cannot be expedited. It's going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I'm thinking .500 is a realistic goal for this team. An NIT appearance would be huge.
    Agreed. I would be thrilled with an NIT appearance at this point.

Turn Off Ads?