Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Maurice Creek suffered a left knee fracture last night. He is having season ending surgery on his left knee today. Huge blow for the Hoosiers.

Check out the looks on the faces of Jones and Elston in this pic.

Last edited by BRM; 12-29-2009 at 11:11 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Coach Crean's comments:

“I’ll start with an update on Maurice (Creek), he has a fracture of his left knee and will have surgery tomorrow. I am in the process of getting his parents here so they can be here for the surgery. I don’t have many more updates than that. He is a very, very special young man. It’s gut-wrenching in so many fronts when you see a young man like that go down, who works as hard as he does. It’s a little different for us as the Crean’s and for the coaches because he was probably going to be with us where ever we were at, whether it was Marquette or here at Indiana.”

“For him to come with us here sight unseen, and commit four months before he ever saw the campus, that’s a special young man from a special family. Obviously our number one concern is that everything goes well throughout that surgery and I have great confidence that it will. I told the players this is one of the reasons that you come to Indiana that you hope you never have to use – the professional care that you get when you come to a school like Indiana. With the resources that we have here, it’s tremendous. He is in great hands there.”

“Our team certainly feels for him. They had a very good performance tonight. They did a lot of really good things. Obviously we are playing a team that is going through growing pains and doesn’t have a great record, but when you hold a team to 25 percent from the field, and 18 percent from the three-point line, it’s really about what your team is doing. We needed to have a game like that and we had a game like that. More importantly than that, they really, really feel for their teammate, and as a coach you hate to ever see anyone go through that. But also as a coach and a leader of the program, you know that you have a program on the right path, when they care that way about their teammate. They are going to have to mature.”

“I was asked a question from John Laskowski, what the difference going into the Big Ten, and I said, well the biggest fear is the maturity you have to have moving forward and now that maturity is going to get tested even more. Not just because he’s the third-leading scoring freshman in the country, but because Maurice Creek on the court brings confidence because of his athleticism, talent, and his ability to score. That’s what great players do, they bring confidence to their teammates. Now, we are going to have to find confidence from one another. We will have to continue to find that confidence from our crowd. They are stunned right now, but then they are going to be stung. We said to the team, in football they talk about next man up and it’s not a situation here where one individual is going to come in and get 18 points a game, everybody has to do more and that’s the bottom line.”

Yeah, that sucks. Any chance IU had of being competitive in Big Ten games went down with Creek.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I guess Crean should have pulled his starters early in the second half?

Terrible to hear about Creek's injury. I have not seen IU's team play this year, but just based on that picture it looks like IU's guys need some quality time at the training table and in the weight room.

Stat geek...and proud

Yeah, Creek is the real deal. He'll be the linchpin to future success if he comes back ok from this injury. But he's pretty much the only guy right now. Everybody else has a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Terrible to hear about Creek's injury. I have not seen IU's team play this year, but just based on that picture it looks like IU's guys need some quality time at the training table and in the weight room.
    Probably true, two of those guys, Hulls and Creek, are freshman. Pritchard is a sophomore who came in very undersized, and believe it or not Jones(the one on the right) actually gained about 20 lbs in the off season.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Huge win for the Hoosiers today. They showed a lot of mental toughness and guys stepped up to fill the void left by Creek's injury. Great win. It just made my day!

Absolutely great to see.

I admitted to being wrong about two things, 1) I thought Jordan Hulls wouldn't be able to contribute until the end of his sophomore year. 2) I winced when I heard about VJ III's improvement at the end of last year and bulking up this off season. My fear was that he'd never be a great player and would only impede Creek and Watford's progress. I'm glad he's stayed and he's the most complete player on the team right now.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Anyone watch the game last night? I didn't get to see it but I heard it was pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Anyone watch the game last night? I didn't get to see it but I heard it was pretty ugly.
    About 4 minutes of it. Evan Turner was back for the Buckeye's which was a good thing. Apparently Diebler went off. In what I saw it was about a 30 point working margin.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    If you take out the pretty part, you'd have it right. It was just plain ugly. Couldn't create any offense, a lot of stupid turnovers, and tOSU could do pretty much whatever they wanted. I think with about 6 minutes left in the first half IU was still stuck at 8 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    If you take out the pretty part, you'd have it right. It was just plain ugly. Couldn't create any offense, a lot of stupid turnovers, and tOSU could do pretty much whatever they wanted. I think with about 6 minutes left in the first half IU was still stuck at 8 points.
    Yeah, they looked really, really bad. Like, last year bad.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Well, I DVR'ed it so I could watch it tonight but I think I'll just delete it. The growing pains of a very young team are going to be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, they looked really, really bad. Like, last year bad.

At least you'll get to play Iowa. They're awful. Lickliter's even got his kid playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?