Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1000

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

  1. #301
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    I bet Lickliter wishes he was back at Butler now.

    Hope Brad Stevens has learned from the plight of all coaches not named Thad.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #302
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I bet Lickliter wishes he was back at Butler now.

    Hope Brad Stevens has learned from the plight of all coaches not named Thad.
    The grass isn't always greener in the BCS pasture. Someone has to finish last. BTW, Alford seems much better off at New Mexico.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  4. #303
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    The grass isn't always greener in the BCS pasture. Someone has to finish last. BTW, Alford seems much better off at New Mexico.
    Yes he does. He's got a nice squad this year.

  5. #304
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hartford City, IN
    Posts
    347

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    I was watching the game last night. They mentioned that it was IU's first true road game. That blew my mind.

  6. #305
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    I was watching the game last night. They mentioned that it was IU's first true road game. That blew my mind.
    That's true. They played in Puerto Rico and the Pitt game was in Madison Square Garden. That was it away from Bloomington. I think quite a few teams are that way in their non-conference schedule. Primarily playing at home or at neutral sites.

  7. #306
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Indiana has emerged as one option for former Rutgers center Gregory Echenique in his quest to transfer to a new school, according to a source close to recruitment.

    Echenique, sitting out the season with an eye injury, decided to leave the Rutgers program and search for a new home. His release from the Rutgers program was announced Friday.

    At 6-9, 265, Echenique was averaging 12.6 points and 7.7 rebounds when he was injured.

    IU continues to rebuild in its second year under Tom Crean and is 7-7 overall, 1-1 in the Big Ten Conference.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...-for-echenique

  8. #307
    Member Playadlc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sellersburg, Indiana
    Posts
    2,299

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    What a pathetic finish to the game tonight. 21-2 run? Wow.

    I mean, I understand our situation and everything, but we really play poor basketball. People can talk all they want about us needing better players, and obviously we do, but it doesn't take 5 star recruits to make simple passes, block out, shoot FTs, etc, etc.

    There are times, I literally have no idea what we are trying to do offensively. They just kind of weave around until someone decides it's time to shoot.

    It's really tough to watch this program be this far down.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 01-15-2010 at 04:21 AM.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

  9. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati/Colerain
    Posts
    1,288

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    What a pathetic finish to the game tonight. 21-2 run? Wow.

    I mean, I understand our situation and everything, but we really play poor basketball. People can talk all they want about us needing better players, and obviously we do, but it doesn't take 5 star recruits to make simple passes, block out, shoot FTs, etc, etc.

    There are times, I literally have no idea what we are trying to do offensively. They just kind of weave around until someone decides it's time to shoot.

    It's really tough to watch this program be this far down.

    This sounds very similar to posts I'v made about UC over the past 4 years. Hopefully IU's rebuilding plan comes to fruition faster.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

  10. #309
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    IU fans stormed the court after beating Minnesota?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  11. #310
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Yeah we're taking a lot of grief over that.
    At this point I'd storm the court after beating Kentucky


    Wesleyan.

    It's hard to say anything bad about people who go to IU games. Last year they were 16th in the country in attendance(higher than Purdue)for a team that went 6-23.

    When you get 17,017 to show up for a team that's won 2 Big Ten games in 2 years, do whatever you want.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  12. #311
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    IU fans stormed the court after beating Minnesota?!
    Well, I think most them got drunk in the parking lot before the game and then then IU surprised them with a win, they saw Tubby Smith on the sideline and got confused, thinking for a moment we just beat Kentucky.

  13. #312
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    I've got to admit I find it extremely weak. IU fans should know better and have more respect for themselves and the history of their program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  14. #313
    Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,933

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I've got to admit I find it extremely weak. IU fans should know better and have more respect for themselves and the history of their program.
    For the most part, the history of programs today is a thing of the past. It's all about what you've done as of late.

  15. #314
    Member Playadlc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sellersburg, Indiana
    Posts
    2,299

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    IU fans stormed the court after beating Minnesota?!
    The storming of the court had nothing to do with the opponent as much as the relief of an emotional, hard-fought win.

    IU fans have had their heartbroken time and time again in both football and basketball over the past couple of years, and to actually have things go well at the end of a game saw a release of a lot of frustration. So storming the court on this one wasn't a problem for me.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

  16. #315
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    I admit I thought it was a little cheesy but I certainly understand it. I was pretty fired up at the end of that game as well.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25