Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

I bet Lickliter wishes he was back at Butler now.

Hope Brad Stevens has learned from the plight of all coaches not named Thad.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I bet Lickliter wishes he was back at Butler now.

Hope Brad Stevens has learned from the plight of all coaches not named Thad.
    The grass isn't always greener in the BCS pasture. Someone has to finish last. BTW, Alford seems much better off at New Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    The grass isn't always greener in the BCS pasture. Someone has to finish last. BTW, Alford seems much better off at New Mexico.
    Yes he does. He's got a nice squad this year.

I was watching the game last night. They mentioned that it was IU's first true road game. That blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    I was watching the game last night. They mentioned that it was IU's first true road game. That blew my mind.
    That's true. They played in Puerto Rico and the Pitt game was in Madison Square Garden. That was it away from Bloomington. I think quite a few teams are that way in their non-conference schedule. Primarily playing at home or at neutral sites.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Indiana has emerged as one option for former Rutgers center Gregory Echenique in his quest to transfer to a new school, according to a source close to recruitment.

Echenique, sitting out the season with an eye injury, decided to leave the Rutgers program and search for a new home. His release from the Rutgers program was announced Friday.

At 6-9, 265, Echenique was averaging 12.6 points and 7.7 rebounds when he was injured.

IU continues to rebuild in its second year under Tom Crean and is 7-7 overall, 1-1 in the Big Ten Conference.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...-for-echenique

What a pathetic finish to the game tonight. 21-2 run? Wow.

I mean, I understand our situation and everything, but we really play poor basketball. People can talk all they want about us needing better players, and obviously we do, but it doesn't take 5 star recruits to make simple passes, block out, shoot FTs, etc, etc.

There are times, I literally have no idea what we are trying to do offensively. They just kind of weave around until someone decides it's time to shoot.

It's really tough to watch this program be this far down.
    Last edited by Playadlc; 01-15-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    What a pathetic finish to the game tonight. 21-2 run? Wow.

I mean, I understand our situation and everything, but we really play poor basketball. People can talk all they want about us needing better players, and obviously we do, but it doesn't take 5 star recruits to make simple passes, block out, shoot FTs, etc, etc.

There are times, I literally have no idea what we are trying to do offensively. They just kind of weave around until someone decides it's time to shoot.

It's really tough to watch this program be this far down.

This sounds very similar to posts I'v made about UC over the past 4 years. Hopefully IU's rebuilding plan comes to fruition faster.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

IU fans stormed the court after beating Minnesota?!

Yeah we're taking a lot of grief over that.
    At this point I'd storm the court after beating Kentucky

Wesleyan.

It's hard to say anything bad about people who go to IU games. Last year they were 16th in the country in attendance(higher than Purdue)for a team that went 6-23.

When you get 17,017 to show up for a team that's won 2 Big Ten games in 2 years, do whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Well, I think most them got drunk in the parking lot before the game and then then IU surprised them with a win, they saw Tubby Smith on the sideline and got confused, thinking for a moment we just beat Kentucky.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I've got to admit I find it extremely weak. IU fans should know better and have more respect for themselves and the history of their program.

Retired

I've got to admit I find it extremely weak. IU fans should know better and have more respect for themselves and the history of their program.
    For the most part, the history of programs today is a thing of the past. It's all about what you've done as of late.

The storming of the court had nothing to do with the opponent as much as the relief of an emotional, hard-fought win.

IU fans have had their heartbroken time and time again in both football and basketball over the past couple of years, and to actually have things go well at the end of a game saw a release of a lot of frustration. So storming the court on this one wasn't a problem for me.

I admit I thought it was a little cheesy but I certainly understand it. I was pretty fired up at the end of that game as well.

Turn Off Ads?