Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Hulls had a rough shooting game but I hope that doesn't discourage him. IU is a much better team when he's aggressive on offense. Interesting to see Olidipo, Sheehey and Roth get big minutes,I actually like the new rotation.
    Oddly enough, we were upset at how few minutes Oladipo got. I don't think he played at all in overtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Oddly enough, we were upset at how few minutes Oladipo got. I don't think he played at all in overtime.
    He played 19 minutes but I believe you are right in that he did not play at all in OT. A bit surprising.

Yeah, hadn't even thought of that before now, but you're right he should have played more.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Man, the Basketball Gods must be angry with I.U.

Watford out with broken hand
    LaMond Pope | The Journal Gazette

Indiana's injury report continues to grow as the team announced sophomore Christian Watford is out indefinitely with a broken left hand.
    http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...GS08/110209953

Tough, tough break for the Hoosiers. And Watford.

There's been a little debate among my website's writers. My co-writer is naturally negative, and has been down on Crean since at the latest last February. After the MSU game, he turned in this gem: http://crimsoncast.com/2011/01/the-n...nt-stops-here/

It took me a few days, but here's my rebuttal:
    http://crimsoncast.com/2011/02/the-e...ainst-indiana/
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

There's been a little debate among my website's writers. My co-writer is naturally negative, and has been down on Crean since at the latest last February. After the MSU game, he turned in this gem: http://crimsoncast.com/2011/01/the-n...nt-stops-here/

It took me a few days, but here's my rebuttal:
    http://crimsoncast.com/2011/02/the-e...ainst-indiana/
    I mostly agree. I responded on the site to your buddy's post with this:

I don’t see why someone needs to be blamed here. It doesn’t have to be either the players or Crean.

The team does have talent, that is true, but it’s young talent. It’s kinda raw and raw talent is volatile. They’re gonna have games where they look great and games where they look really bad. Because while they do have young talent they don’t have the kind of young talent that is dominating and can overcome it’s youth.

IU has virtually no talent at the 5. If you want to put that on Crean, then that’s a pretty fair criticism.
    On to tonight's win:

Wish they would have finished better, but they finished strong enough to get the win. That was probably the best game I've seen VJIII play all year. He was much more in the flow of the offense than he has been earlier in the season.

IU could really use another shooter. I think sometimes we forget how important a really really good shooter is and we sometimes more focus on size and athleticism. I think the team is better with Roth playing more minutes. Not to say they're better off without Creek and Watford but I think even with those two Roth should have been getting more minutes.

Tom Pritchard was ridiculous tonight. That tip dunk was so stupid Minnesota should have gone back down to 0, unless they had more than 13.

Gutsy, gutsy win. Pritchard was unreal in the first half.

I loved Buckner's reaction to the tip in dunk, UGH AHH WHA!

Not crazy about the near collapse, but it was nice to see them rebound enough to win the game.

Not crazy about Daniel Moore playing as many minutes as he does. I know he's essentially become the back up point guard, but I'd like it better if they'd just sub Sheehey or Oladipo in for end of game defenses like that.

Gutsy, gutsy win. Pritchard was unreal in the first half.

I loved Buckner's reaction to the tip in dunk, UGH AHH WHA!

Not crazy about the near collapse, but it was nice to see them rebound enough to win the game.

Not crazy about Daniel Moore playing as many minutes as he does. I know he's essentially become the back up point guard, but I'd like it better if they'd just sub Sheehey or Oladipo in for end of game defenses like that.
    Completely agree about Moore. He really doesn't bring much to the table, he's not a great shooter.

Didn't think Pritchard had that in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Three straight quality efforts for the Hoosiers. It would be great if last night was the beginning of the turn-around for Pritchard.

I can't get over Quinn Buckner's reaction. After the Send it in young fella, he just lets out this string of indecipherable grunts. Awesome.

I still don't understand why Minnesota didn't have to go back down to 0.

That was a tough one to take. They played pretty well for most of the game but gave it up in the last few. Not sure if I've seen Crean look more pissed after a game, seemed like he thought they'd moved past that type of collapse.

Hulls needs to stay aggressive for the entire game. He's made big strides but there are still periods where he goes back to passing up shots.

Turn Off Ads?