Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 1000

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

  1. #706
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Tough spot. From what I understand there wasn't much recruiting done while his Dad was there.

    But Pat wasn't getting a HC job anywhere else either. I imagine he'll have to be an assistant for a few more years.
    I can see him getting an offer from a small school. A low-end, struggling mid-major perhaps.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #707
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,512

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Steve Alford an option for Texas Tech?

    http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red-...placing-knight

    I'll be shocked if Billy Gillespie doesn't land the gig.

  4. #708
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Steve Alford an option for Texas Tech?

    http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red-...placing-knight

    I'll be shocked if Billy Gillespie doesn't land the gig.
    Don't take this the wrong way R4B, but my heart sinks whenever I see a post from you in the Hoosier Hoops thread.
    I'm fairly confident that next year will be much better than this year. I've made a number of posts on Crimsoncast detailing where I thinK IU will be better, and the rest of the B1G Ten takes a step back.
    But all of that crumbles if players like Hulls or Watford look to transfer.
    On one hand it'd be hard to blame them if they did, this has to have been much harder than even they could have envisioned. But to get so close(IMO at least) and transfer now would make it all the more heartbreaking.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  5. #709
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Are there rumors of those two possibly transferring?

  6. #710
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Are there rumors of those two possibly transferring?
    Not really anything. As I pointed out in my CrimsonCast column before it got hacked, I've seen so many losing seasons in the sports I cheer for, I expect pretty much bad news all the time.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  7. #711
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    I almost hate Ed Hightower. I cannot believe they continue to let him ref games. His crews always favor the bigger more athletic teams. They ref based off of perception. "Oh, they're a physical team."
    ou
    Penn St. guys were over the back all night. Awful. So many ticky-tac fouls called on IU. And then at then end of the game IU was clearly fouling, but no calls. They had been calling much less on IU all night.

    How does #22 for Penn St. get a dunk and then get up in Watford's face and scream at him and no tech? I hope Penn St. gets beat by 30 and misses the NCAA tourney. So many whiners, when they were getting all the calls.

  8. #712
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I almost hate Ed Hightower. I cannot believe they continue to let him ref games. His crews always favor the bigger more athletic teams. They ref based off of perception. "Oh, they're a physical team."
    ou
    Penn St. guys were over the back all night. Awful. So many ticky-tac fouls called on IU. And then at then end of the game IU was clearly fouling, but no calls. They had been calling much less on IU all night.

    How does #22 for Penn St. get a dunk and then get up in Watford's face and scream at him and no tech? I hope Penn St. gets beat by 30 and misses the NCAA tourney. So many whiners, when they were getting all the calls.
    Well it strikes at IU not being aggressive enough going to the rim, but it's almost impossible to imagine a team could go 21 minutes of game time and not commit a foul.
    I always liked Ed Hightower, in the Ted Valentine's Day Massacre(Tuesday February 24th 1998,*) Hightower matched Valentine bad call against Illinois for every bad call Valentine made against IU, apparantly they fought in the officials locker room at half time too.

    *This was the first IU game Valentine had done since the 1992 Final Four against Duke where he practically fouled out the entire IU starting five. Big Ten practically tied itself in knots to make sure he didn't officiate IU games until this night. On this night he gave Bob Knight 3 technical fouls. The first was for Knight saying the wrong thing after Teddy TV complained about an IU flag brushing up against him. The second was for running onto the court to check on Luke Recker who had been drilled into the backboard support and was lying on the floor. The third was for Knight going berserk after the second Technical call. Knight probably deserved that last one admittedly.

    My friend checked into it and Valentine didn't do any more IU games until this year.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  9. #713
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Well it strikes at IU not being aggressive enough going to the rim, but it's almost impossible to imagine a team could go 21 minutes of game time and not commit a foul.
    I always liked Ed Hightower, in the Ted Valentine's Day Massacre(Tuesday February 24th 1998,*) Hightower matched Valentine bad call against Illinois for every bad call Valentine made against IU, apparantly they fought in the officials locker room at half time too.

    *This was the first IU game Valentine had done since the 1992 Final Four against Duke where he practically fouled out the entire IU starting five. Big Ten practically tied itself in knots to make sure he didn't officiate IU games until this night. On this night he gave Bob Knight 3 technical fouls. The first was for Knight saying the wrong thing after Teddy TV complained about an IU flag brushing up against him. The second was for running onto the court to check on Luke Recker who had been drilled into the backboard support and was lying on the floor. The third was for Knight going berserk after the second Technical call. Knight probably deserved that last one admittedly.

    My friend checked into it and Valentine didn't do any more IU games until this year.
    Ed Hightower has to be the worst ref in the game. Watch him. He will blow the whistle, wait about 30sec or a minute, then and only then will he figure out what he wanted to call. He makes it up as he goes. Also, there is always going to be a point in a game he calls where the team of refs call foul after foul after foul for a 2-4 minute stretch, and then let both teams go on. He may be fair, but he is just so bad.

  10. #714
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    Ed Hightower has to be the worst ref in the game. Watch him. He will blow the whistle, wait about 30sec or a minute, then and only then will he figure out what he wanted to call. He makes it up as he goes. Also, there is always going to be a point in a game he calls where the team of refs call foul after foul after foul for a 2-4 minute stretch, and then let both teams go on. He may be fair, but he is just so bad.
    Oh I think he's atrocious. Just have fond memories of him being horrific in IU's favor. But between him, Jim Burr, Tim Higgins, and Teddy TV, they all suck. And yet every game seems to have at least one of them.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  11. #715
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,596

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    I went and saw Yogi play tonight. He's good. Duh.

  12. #716
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,512

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Relax, this is good news..

    As it stands right now, Indiana already has the top 2012 recruiting class. Recruits Hanner Perea and Kevin Ferrell are both five-stars. Ron Patterson is a four-star, and Peter Jurkin is a ranked three-star.

    If Jeremy Hollowell, who is the No. 39-ranked prospect in the Rivals150, does chose Indiana, he will give the Hoosiers a good chance to hold onto the No. 1 spot in the 2012 team recruiting rankings for good.
    To top it all off, the Hoosiers are very much in the mix for Gary Harris.

    http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1201940

  13. #717
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Relax, this is good news..



    To top it all off, the Hoosiers are very much in the mix for Gary Harris.

    http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1201940
    Lets just hope that Tom Crean can coach these guys up when/if they come to Indiana.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  14. #718
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Relax, this is good news..



    To top it all off, the Hoosiers are very much in the mix for Gary Harris.

    http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1201940
    Yeah, I'm going to be surprised if Hollowell and Harris as they seem to be such similar players. This also creates a bit of a scholarship issue in 2012, but it's possible that we see a transfer or perhaps someone like Watford going to the NBA.

    What's striking to me isn't just that Indiana's getting these kids, but that Indiana's getting them AND Purdue's not. I know Crean's a great recruiter, and IU will always have an advantage in-state. But following a period where Purdue had it's most success in at least 10 years, and IU was at the lowest point in program history, and yet Indiana has beaten them at recruiting for at the very least the next two years and has a leg up for the years immediately following.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  15. #719
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Jeremy Hollowell commits.

    That's a great haul of in-state talent there.

    Perrea, Farrell, Patterson, and Hollowell. Plus the ever tragically named Peter Jurkin from Charlotte and it's easily the most impressive group to come through Bloomington since at least 2000(Jared Jeffries and others) and probably going back to the Damon Bailey/Alan Henderson classes.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  16. #720
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Hoosier Hoops

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Jeremy Hollowell commits.

    That's a great haul of in-state talent there.

    Perrea, Farrell, Patterson, and Hollowell. Plus the ever tragically named Peter Jurkin from Charlotte and it's easily the most impressive group to come through Bloomington since at least 2000(Jared Jeffries and others) and probably going back to the Damon Bailey/Alan Henderson classes.
    The Bailey/Henderson classes were thin. I think you are remembering the Cheaney, Grahams, Lawson, Funderburke, Reynolds class.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25