Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Bailey/Henderson classes were thin. I think you are remembering the Cheaney, Grahams, Lawson, Funderburke, Reynolds class.
    You're right. My mind first went to Cheaney/Bailey. But then I realized they were a seperate class.

I don't know if a La Lumiere player is eligible for Mr. Basketball, but if so, I'd think it's quite possible that IU will end up with players #1-#4 on the ballot next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Looking back the '89 IU class, believe it or not, the lowest rated member coming out of high school was actually Calbert Cheaney. Isn't that bizarre?

I'm not sure Funderburke and Henderson could have played together. Lawson did not and would not have given IU anything that Todd Lindeman and Matt Nover did not provide.

Finally, while many Hoosier fans rightfully lament Alan Henderson's '93 injury, many contend--and not just Hoosier fans--that Pat Graham's medical redshirt in 1992 cost the Hoosiers a National Championship banner. Unfortunately, we'll never know.

Who wants to make a bet on who has the better freshman season, Indiana Mr. Basketball or Marquis Teague.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Looking back the '89 IU class, believe it or not, the lowest rated member coming out of high school was actually Calbert Cheaney. Isn't that bizarre?

I'm not sure Funderburke and Henderson could have played together. Lawson did not and would not have given IU anything that Todd Lindeman and Matt Nover did not provide.

Finally, while many Hoosier fans rightfully lament Alan Henderson's '93 injury, many contend--and not just Hoosier fans--that Pat Graham's medical redshirt in 1992 cost the Hoosiers a National Championship banner. Unfortunately, we'll never know.
    Lindeman was a waste and Lawson was 10x the player he was. Lawson was a sensitive kid who could not handle Knight.

Cheaney was hurt his senior season and that is why he was not rated highly.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Who wants to make a bet on who has the better freshman season, Indiana Mr. Basketball or Marquis Teague.
    Different types of players and on teams with different goals, it would be hard to judge who has the better season.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Lindeman was a waste and Lawson was 10x the player he was. Lawson was a sensitive kid who could not handle Knight.

Cheaney was hurt his senior season and that is why he was not rated highly.
    I wouldn't call Lindeman a waste. Granted, he was no Kent Benson, but he at least latched on to an NBA roster at one time. Not sure if he ever actually played. That stated, it was/is a bad comparison on my part. I had completely forgotten that Lindeman played sparingly in his freshman season of '92, and was redshirted in '93, which would have been Lawson's senior year had he not transferred to Vandy.

As for Cheaney, I was living in NC at the time and did not know that.

Good call.

It's interesting that the Class of 2112 contains one player at each position--PG, SG, SF, PF and C. By all accounts, Jurkin is the most raw out of all of them and may only sparingly contribute early. Then again, if Zeller provides the shot blocking threat IU sorely needs--an overlooked facet of his game--Jurkin can be eased along.

I wouldn't call Lindeman a waste. Granted, he was no Kent Benson, but he at least latched on to an NBA roster at one time. Not sure if he ever actually played. That stated, it was/is a bad comparison on my part. I had completely forgotten that Lindeman played sparingly in his freshman season of '92, and was redshirted in '93, which would have been Lawson's senior year had he not transferred to Vandy.
    Lindeman was terrible, he averaged 5.9 points a game for a career and was widely inconsistant and could never be counted on to perform. He was a just a bit ahead of guys like Robbie Eggers and Magnus Pelkowski.

Hopefully we can land another Walt Bellamy.

Man, it's been awhile since IU has had a dominant--or at least competent-- post player or shotblocker.

The D.J White era seems a lifetime ago.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-25-2011 at 07:55 PM.

So what is Cody's talent level compared to his brothers?

Stat geek...and proud
    It's interesting that the Class of 2112
    So Geddy, Alex, and Neil are going to be Hoosiers?

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    So what is Cody's talent level compared to his brothers?
    Supposedly the most talented. Plays more like Tyler than Luke but can shoot better than Tyler.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    So Geddy, Alex, and Neil are going to be Hoosiers?

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk
    Only if they bring the "Analog Kid" with them.

Good one, Gilpdawg.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Too bad it's a full year away. Well the Ferrell/Perea/Holloway/Harris? class is at least.

Now it appears that Matt Painter is leaving Purdue for Missouri. I just hope Brad Steven's cell phone is broken until Purdue hires a new coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?