Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Hey its not like IU was stupid enough to hire a guy like Bill Lynch for their football program.

Oh ...wait a minute..
    Lynch is a nice man who is not going to cheat. I dont think IU could hire someone to turn the program around its just a black hole of football.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    That's not the point. He was already an extremely wealthy man.

Keeping him out of the college game for a half-decade is the victory here.
    He is a wealthy man and does not need to coach the college game anyway so how is that a victory? He is a great coach and will probably be a head coach in the NBA sooner rather than later. IU was stupid to hire him and even though I am an IU fan they got what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I give them a pass on that. They did it because they thought Hep would have wanted it. Losing him left an enormous hole in the program and I think they did what they felt was the honorable thing to do. Having your tremendously popular head coach die will do things like that.
    Does Lynch suck as a head coach? Of course. And he'll be gone soon.
    Look for the new AD to try to land someone of Crean's abilities.
    I have even heard Kelly mentioned at Nick's, which as a UC fan leaves me cringing.
    Hep was the man for the job he would have had IU football back to the level of when Coach Mallory had them in lower teir bowl games year after year. I still remember 1986 when IU beat both Michagan and tOSU.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He is a wealthy man and does not need to coach the college game anyway so how is that a victory? He is a great coach and will probably be a head coach in the NBA sooner rather than later. IU was stupid to hire him and even though I am an IU fan they got what they deserved.
    The victory is keeping him out of the college game. That is the victory.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Lynch is a nice man who is not going to cheat. I dont think IU could hire someone to turn the program around its just a black hole of football.
    They had one but he passed on to the great beyond.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

It's painful to watch your alma mader look like a JV squad out there, but they've done the right thing. It's really impossible to not be excited about the future.

I'll be happy if they win 10 games...and hopefully a miracle win over Purdue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    It's painful to watch your alma mader look like a JV squad out there, but they've done the right thing. It's really impossible to not be excited about the future.

I'll be happy if they win 10 games...and hopefully a miracle win over Purdue as well.
    It's really interesting to hear people in Bloomington talk about this team. They have come to accept the right off that this year will be in exchange for the hope that Crean will build a team they can be proud of.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    It's really interesting to hear people in Bloomington talk about this team. They have come to accept the right off that this year will be in exchange for the hope that Crean will build a team they can be proud of.
    He's already built a team I can be proud of. My hope is he continues to build the right way and we end up rooting for a contender in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    He's already built a team I can be proud of. My hope is he continues to build the right way and we end up rooting for a contender in a few years.
    It would be quite a story if Cronin and Crean both succeed in creating strong programs built around young men who the schools could actually be proud of.

What a concept.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Verdell Jones is questionable for tonight's game with Wake Forest, according to Crean. He went back to class yesterday and attended practice though so the injury isn't serious. That's good news.

While the highlights for IU fans have been minimal so far, it was a beautiful thing last night to see the Boilers get spanked by Duke. The next best thing to a IU victory is a PU loss.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

While the highlights for IU fans have been minimal so far it was a beautiful thing last night to see the Boilers get spanked by Duke. The next best thing to a IU victory is a PU loss.
    And/or a UK loss.

And/or a UK loss.
    clip of BRM playing ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0lbdPKl8hg

Verdell Jones is questionable for tonight's game with Wake Forest, according to Crean. He went back to class yesterday and attended practice though so the injury isn't serious. That's good news.
    I saw the pick that laid him out... dude never saw it coming.

While the highlights for IU fans have been minimal so far, it was a beautiful thing last night to see the Boilers get spanked by Duke. The next best thing to a IU victory is a PU loss.
    That was fun to watch. Duke looks pretty good this year.

I agree with BRM. I am watching the IU - Wake game right now. This is the first of I've seen of them due to the fact that I just moved to Texas, and I can say that they are a fun team to watch and I have the utmost confidence that Crean will build a strong program that we can be proud of.

I think Matt Roth is my new favorite player for IU.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 12-03-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Turn Off Ads?