Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Hoops

[QUOTEI can. 1) Purdue fans are notoriously unsatisfied. Despite the stellar coaching job he did this year, I've heard more than a few complain about him getting out coached by Shaka Smart.(Yeah along with 4 other Hall of Fame coaches)2)I think there's a small part of him that looks at the landscape of the state and realizes it's going to be a long road ahead to get back. Butler has a system in place and has gotten results on the court. IU has the talent coming in, and while not as satisfying as winning on the court, it feels good to be beating Purdue in something.

Add to the fact that unlike 5 years ago, The AD can't lean on the Football program to bring in extra revenue, and will have to seriously be considering the options for a new Football coach, they may not be able to match $2 million.][/QUOTE]

I agree with this. One other point: It is much easier to recruit at Mizzou than Purdue. Purdue hasn't hit a home run in that department since Cuonzo Martin, now UT's head man, left to take over the Missouri State job in 2008.

2. Turn Off Ads?

[QUOTE I think with Stevens or Painter as coach this past season IU goes a few games over .500.][/QUOTE]

Only if either one of them possessed the ability to wave a magic wand to ensure that everyone remained healthy. As banged up as they were, they would have been hard-pressed to finish in the top half of the Horizon League, much less the Big Ten.

Now, if everyone's relatively healthy next year and IU still fails to at least qualify for the CIT/CBI or NIT, then we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    [QUOTE I think with Stevens or Painter as coach this past season IU goes a few games over .500.]
    Only if either one of them possessed the ability to wave a magic wand to ensure that everyone remained healthy. As banged up as they were, they would have been hard-pressed to finish in the top half of the Horizon League, much less the Big Ten.

Now, if everyone's relatively healthy next year and IU still fails to at least qualify for the CIT/CBI or NIT, then we have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Were they injured when they layed an egg against Colorado and Northen Iowa? There are too many guys at IU that are not with the program and I lay that at the feet of Tom Crean. I am getting tired of injury excuses and how the program was destroyed was Sampson (which it was but its now been 3 years). I think that if the Hoosiers don't make a tournament next year then IU should start turning up the heat on Crean.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Matt Painter met with Big Foot and The Loche Ness Monster today. He has until noon tomorrow to decide which he'll coach.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/201...tay-at-purdue/
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Not sure where if anyone else will care about this but I found it hilarious and had to post it somewhere.

I was just listening to Sklarbro Country (Sklar Bros Pod Cast) from February and some how they got onto a Story about the Indiana Ice. And they were going on about how they can't name themselves after the surface they play on.

So they started giving names that they should change to and most of them were just dumb Indiana related stuff. Like The Indiana Flying Chairs, The Indiana Birds, The Indiana 500s...etc..

Then one of them said they should change their name to the Indiana Baileys...."after the drink that Damon Bailey used to drown himself in to forget about his horrific NBA career."

I love Damon Bailey but I find that hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Matt Painter met with Big Foot and The Loche Ness Monster today. He has until noon tomorrow to decide which he'll coach.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/201...tay-at-purdue/
    Most recent update in that link says he's staying at Purdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Not sure where if anyone else will care about this but I found it hilarious and had to post it somewhere.

I was just listening to Sklarbro Country (Sklar Bros Pod Cast) from February and some how they got onto a Story about the Indiana Ice. And they were going on about how they can't name themselves after the surface they play on.

So they started giving names that they should change to and most of them were just dumb Indiana related stuff. Like The Indiana Flying Chairs, The Indiana Birds, The Indiana 500s...etc..

Then one of them said they should change their name to the Indiana Baileys...."after the drink that Damon Bailey used to drown himself in to forget about his horrific NBA career."

I love Damon Bailey but I find that hysterical.
    The Sklar Brothers are great. I love it when they fill in for Rome.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Most recent update in that link says he's staying at Purdue.
    My new post at Crimsoncast.
    Once you're a little bit gone, you're gone.
    http://crimsoncast.com/?p=1296
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I've liked what I've seen from Zeller so far tonight. He's put it on the floor a little and he passes really, really well. I think he's gonna do a great job of finding the shooters if he's doubled.

Clearly he needs to get bigger and work on his defense but I think we already knew that.

Kalvis (Indy)

Joe Lunardi listed Indiana as one of the Last Four In for the 2012 tourney. Is this expectation too high, or is Cody Zeller capable of winning in the Big Ten as a freshman?
    Eamonn Brennan (2:25 PM)

I wouldn't put all the onus on Cody Zeller, because after all he'll still be a freshman. But yes, I think that's a realistic expectation. Zeller gives that team its first legitimate big man of the Crean era. Jordan Hulls had a crazy-efficient shooting season, Victor Oladipo looked very promising, and Maurice Creek should finally be healthy. The x-factor, to me, is Christian Watford. Dude's talented, but he drifts, and with his length he should be a much defender than he is. Indiana has a lot of work to do on the defensive end, but the talent is slowly but surely arriving.
    ]

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...a-bb-w-brennan
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

IU's big problem next season might be the strength of the Big Ten. OSU should be a national title contender. Michigan, Purdue, Michigan State, Penn State, Illinois, and Wisconsin are all NCAA likely (or at least probable).

That's a lot of difficult games to go through for a team not used to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    IU's big problem next season might be the strength of the Big Ten. OSU should be a national title contender. Michigan, Purdue, Michigan State, Penn State, Illinois, and Wisconsin are all NCAA likely (or at least probable).

That's a lot of difficult games to go through for a team not used to winning.
    I disagree. The Big Ten this year was tough. Especially in the 6-9 teams where a mediocre squad needs to make hey.

Outside of Iowa and Michigan, pretty much everyone is going to be down from this year.
    But don't ask me, ask this guy. http://crimsoncast.com/2011/03/no-am...12-tournament/

On average, the rest of the conference teams are losing 40% of their offense to a departing senior class.
    Purdue, Penn State and Illinois in particular are going to be in a pickle in my opinion. I'd say the same about Wisconsin (6 seniors/52% of offense) but they've seemed like they've done the same thing every year. I don't know how one school always has 6 seniors but they seem to.
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 04-25-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added Penn State to the teams that will struggle
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Are Purdue fans welcomed on here with all these Hoosier & Buckeye fans? lol

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNut75 View Post
    Are Purdue fans welcomed on here with all these Hoosier & Buckeye fans? lol
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    NO
    To bad

Turn Off Ads?