Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Re: Hoosier Hoops

I think Kevin Wilson overreacted. I am not a fan of Trudeau but he and Zac were simply making fun of IU footballs past which lets face it is lousy. Nothing they said before the interview started was an attack on Coach Wilson and the current state of IU football.

Wilson just needs to lighten up and realize he is the HC of the Chicago Cubs of college football. Start winning and you will earn respect.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I think Kevin Wilson overreacted. I am not a fan of Trudeau but he and Zac were simply making fun of IU footballs past which lets face it is lousy. Nothing they said before the interview started was an attack on Coach Wilson and the current state of IU football.

Wilson just needs to lighten up and realize he is the HC of the Chicago Cubs of college football. Start winning and you will earn respect.
    He probably did, but I'd rather err on the side of defending the program.
    He didn't really say anything too obnoxious in response, simply that he remembered putting up 61 on Illinois. The problem was at the point the hosts didn't let it go.

In the end it worked out best for everyone involved. Zack and Jack get some attention, Kevin Wilson upgrades himself in the eyes of most Hoosier fans, and the team and fan base get to embrace a little chip on the shoulder. Nothing wrong with that.

The only way it works out better from here is if IU beats Illinois, and Trudeau lets Wilson back on to rub it in a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

The problem isn't that IU's football team is historically bad, it's that IU's basketball team has largely been irrelevant for the last 15+ years. If the basketball program was thriving, very few would care about how the football team performs.

If IU is going to continue having mediocre basketball teams, at least improve the football team.

I have my blog post for the first game posted here.

http://crimsoncast.com/?p=1820
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

My week 2 pre game meal is posted at Crimsoncast.

http://crimsoncast.com/2011/09/pre-g...sions-edition/

Free t-shirts available with my most recent Crimsoncast post.

http://bit.ly/pmUlJP

Looks like Crean committed an NCAA violation in the Gary Harris recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Looks like Crean committed an NCAA violation in the Gary Harris recruitment.
    Yeah a secondary one that probably looks worse than it was in reality. At least that's what I'm getting from every person I've read. More stupidity than cheating, though I'd prefer there were neither.

In terms of Harris' recruitment, I don't know if this tells us anything, as Harris is still expected at Hoosier Hysteria on Saturday. An optimistic take is that IU realized this was a violation and did their best to get it out ahead of time, so that if Harris commits, the story wouldn't break afterward.

A particularly jaded view would be that it behooves a school to commit-and report- a small number of secondary violations. Just enough to let people know that you're being tough, but not enough that anyone at the NCAA feels the need to look deeper into things.

http://http://espn.go.com/mens-colle...diana-hoosiers

So what do the loyal hoosier fans think of the hoops schedule? My college basketball knowledge has waned, but it looks to me like Tom Crean may have taken one out of the Mick Cronin bag of tricks in terms of nonconference schedule. Of course they still play tough non-conference teams, it just appeared lighter than usual this year. How did the North Carolina Central Eagles make it in just before the end of the b10 regular season?

The Stetson Hatters may be my new favorite team btw.

IU shouldn't play anyone with a pulse (other than UK) in the non-conference until they get the program back on its feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    http://http://espn.go.com/mens-colle...diana-hoosiers

So what do the loyal hoosier fans think of the hoops schedule? My college basketball knowledge has waned, but it looks to me like Tom Crean may have taken one out of the Mick Cronin bag of tricks in terms of nonconference schedule. Of course they still play tough non-conference teams, it just appeared lighter than usual this year. How did the North Carolina Central Eagles make it in just before the end of the b10 regular season?

The Stetson Hatters may be my new favorite team btw.
    It's definitely tougher this year. In addition to UK, the Hoosiers play Butler and ND. There's always a number of easy teams, but if IU wins 19 or 20 games they should make the tournament.

I was pretty impressed with the game last night. Will Sheehey has spent a tremendous amount of time working on his jumper. His timing looks soooo much better than it did last year. He's going to have a big year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I was pretty impressed with the game last night. Will Sheehey has spent a tremendous amount of time working on his jumper. His timing looks soooo much better than it did last year. He's going to have a big year.
    All the sophomores looked much improved over last year. I do think Will is going to be all-big ten caliber by his senior year.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

So who is ready to lay some bets down on the Kentucky game?

Turn Off Ads?