Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Well, whatever, "Nevermind..."

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well, whatever, "Nevermind..."

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    As much as I disliked Nirvana and the whole Seattle thing, I can't argue.

My dislike was because I was a child of 70s and 80s rock, and the new sound was a shock to my system. For the first time in my life, at age 25, I felt outdated and uncool. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" just sounded like a bunch of jumbled noise to me.

I now appreciate the band and the album and it's place in music history, but it doesn't bring back great memories.
    Me too and I was a teenager at the time. My favorite albums as a teen were Live's Throwing Copper, Tool's Undertow and STP's Purple. I like a little melody in my music and a little meaning in my lyrics.

Of course, that was then. When I go back now and listen, I think I like Nirvana better (hard to tell, though, since I've heard every song a million times at this point). Odd how that works.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 11-14-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Turn Off Ads?