Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I watched?

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Re: What was the most recent movie I watched?

Watched Good Will Hunting for the first time. Liked it a lot. Plus, it helped me understand that joke in Step Brothers.

My favorite line:

"Great, or maybe we could go somewhere and just eat a bunch of caramels."

"On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Finally got around to seeing The 40 Year Old Virgin. I was surprised at how much heart that movie had.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Anymore, I'm a AMC and Encore Western Channel addict. Over the last few days I watched...

Jeremiah Johnson w/Robert Redford
    Man In The Wilderness w/Richard Harris
    Missouri Breaks w/ Jack Nicholson

That scene in Missouri Breaks where Nicholson is on the other side of the river taunting his pursuers and thinking he is going to get away, while his horse, which is behind him, drops dead, is simply hilarious!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I watched My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding the other night. If it counts as a romantic comedy, then it's probably one of the top-five best romantic comedies ever made. I hate romantic comedies, though, and would estimate that only five or so have been made that are worth watching. Anyway, it got a big thumb up from me.

I watched "Doubt" last night. Stars Phillip Seymore Hoffman and Merril Streep. I thought it was just ok. The way its done and the ending do make it somewhat interesting but its pretty boring overall. Very well acted though.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Watched Good Will Hunting for the first time. Liked it a lot. Plus, it helped me understand that joke in Step Brothers.

My favorite line:

"Great, or maybe we could go somewhere and just eat a bunch of caramels."

That's a really great movie, probably one of my 10 or 15 favorites.

I still haven't seen anything recently since I saw the new remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, but I'm sure I'll found the couch this holiday weekend sometime and toss something in the DVD player.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Slumdog Millionaire, I thought it was very good although there are a couple scenes that are a little hard to watch.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Finally got around to watching "WALL-E" tonight.

Unbelievable movie. Definitely worthy of a Best Picture nod outright, not just in the animated category, IMO.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Anatomy (2000)

A German suspense/horror flick starring Frank Potente (Bourne Supremacy).
    A medical student takes a summer class in Heidelberg. Coincidentally this is the city where the Nazis did their horrific experiments on humans.
    After some odd occurences & strange disappearances she discovers a horrible secret. I quite enjoyed it. There was a fair amount of gore but it wasn't excessive. Grade: B+

I'm off for two weeks due to Honda shutdown. I'm gonna watch Band of Brothers. I have never seen it, and always wanted to. I'm just so busy regularly that I don't have the time to sit down and watch these "continuing" series with so many parts. Series like the Sopranos, Six Feet Under, etc..... I've never seen any of them.

I have the 1st season on 24 on DVD and have watched that because I can watch it at my on pace/leisure. Thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Did the same with the three season's of Deadwood.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I watched "Mystic River" on AMC last night. Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Tim Robbins, and directed by Clint Eastwood.

Wow. Very dark and brooding, but stunning.

Pay attention to the open sky

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I got a nice set of surround sound speakers for Christmas and I've been putting them to good use the last couple days. Master & Commander was incredible with a good sound system last night.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I need to see The Wrestler. As a wrestling fan it'll be great to see a movie about wrestling that isn't crap, like every single one that has been made. Ready to Rumble, I'm looking at you.
    I'm really looking forward to this as well, though I could care less about wrestling. Darren Aronofsky is a brilliant filmmaker.

The Shootist.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this as well, though I could care less about wrestling. Darren Aronofsky is a brilliant filmmaker.
    His good alright, but I wouldn't go as far as saying brilliant. I really enjoyed Pi, but really thought Requiem was overrated. And don't get me started on The Fountain; complete waste of time.

I was worried he may have been heading down the M.Night ****malan path, by starting out with a great movie, and going downhill ever since. However, with the reviews I've seen for The Wrestler, I don't think we'll have to worry about that.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

Turn Off Ads?