Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I watched?

Re: What was the most recent movie I watched?

Looking forward to Marley and Me and Cadillac Records (Love Etta James).

The last movie normally would be whatever was on Sci Fi on Saturday but they've been on a dragon kick lately. I did watch Reign of Fire which I liked the idea of.

I watched the first 2 Harry Potters this past weekend. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed them.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
    Four Christmases.

Don't bother.
    agreed.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I saw Milk on Sunday and the Exiles last night, Milk was really good the other very sad.

I just saw Slumdog Millionaire Sat. night.

Wasn't expecting much going in but was pleasantly surprised.
    I thought it was really good.

Though I loved the final scene of the movie in the bowling alley, I thought the whole of There Will Be Blood was overblown, soulless crap.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I watched Gran Tornio last night. Clint Eastwood stars and directs and I think it comes out in early January. I enjoyed this one a lot. Eastwood is just a bad ass and the rest of the cast deliver solid performances some I believe in their first major movie roles. Another one I highly recommend.

Hey! I owned a 1972 Gran Torino!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I watched Gran Tornio last night. Clint Eastwood stars and directs and I think it comes out in early January.
    OK. If it doesn't come out till January, then how were you able to see it?

Looking forward to seeing this movie though after reading the reviews.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-10-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Hey! I owned a 1972 Gran Torino!

OK. If it doesn't come out till January, then how were you able to see it?

Looking forward to seeing this movie though after reading the reviews.
    My girlfriend's boss is in the Academy and she gets almost every movie on DVD around this time of year.

Good News! I got my son to watch something besides Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Here is what we watched the last two weeks (with no repeats...a big step in our movie viewing, I might add):

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Then we watched Chicken Run.
    Anyone who doesn't find that movie funny is just hopeless.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I saw Miracle on 34th St. It was in Black and White. I thought it was an independent film.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Though I loved the final scene of the movie in the bowling alley, I thought the whole of There Will Be Blood was overblown, soulless crap.
    It would have been much better and easier to accept as your own if you had watched it before it became There Will Be Blood the phenomena. I think it's great and have seen it 3 times, each time just as enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    It would have been much better and easier to accept as your own if you had watched it before it became There Will Be Blood the phenomena. I think it's great and have seen it 3 times, each time just as enjoyable.
    I'm not sure what you're saying but I saw it the weekend it came out. It was the last movie I watched (well, the last one I paid to see at the theater I think anyway).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

They call me "chef"

I thought you watched it recently since it came out about a year ago so I suppose it just wasn't your deal then.

What I was getting at is I can't imagine watching it for the first time on DVD and being able to enjoy it (or at least ingest it naturally) after being exposed to all the hype and the milkshake pop culture stuff. I remember going into it having only seen the trailer once or twice and I loved it. Had no real idea what it was or what to expect.

The Killer Shrews

a 1950s horror flick about a boat captain and scientists trapped on a tiny isle with killer mutated shrews (really greyhounds with extra hair taped on).
    i caught this on TCM. i remember a lot of the plot from when i saw it on channel 19 back when i was a kid.
    grade (for those who like old 'B' movies): B
    grade (for those who don't like old 'B' movies): avoid

Re: The Killer Shrews

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    a 1950s horror flick about a boat captain and scientists trapped on a tiny isle with killer mutated shrews (really greyhounds with extra hair taped on).
    i caught this on TCM. i remember a lot of the plot from when i saw it on channel 19 back when i was a kid.
    grade (for those who like old 'B' movies): B
    grade (for those who don't like old 'B' movies): avoid
    The Killer Shrews. Great, great movie.

Turn Off Ads?