Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #14 prospect?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Buchholz

2 2.02%
  • Dallas Buck

1 1.01%
  • Zach Cozart

4 4.04%
  • Carlos Fisher

2 2.02%
  • Ryan Hanigan

3 3.03%
  • Chris Heisey

3 3.03%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

3 3.03%
  • Jeremy Horst

0 0%
  • Ben Jukich

1 1.01%
  • Sam Lecure

1 1.01%
  • Matt Maloney

3 3.03%
  • Ramon Ramirez

11 11.11%
  • Josh Roenicke

12 12.12%
  • Adam Rosales

1 1.01%
  • Zach Stewart

45 45.45%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

2 2.02%
  • Justin Turner

3 3.03%
  • Pedro Viola

1 1.01%
  • Brandon Waring

1 1.01%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #14 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #14 prospect?

Redszone's Top Prospects

Prospect #1 - Yonder Alonso
    Prospect #2 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect #3 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect #4 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect #5 - Chris Valaika
    Prospect #6 - Kyle Lotzkar
    Prospect #7 - Daryl Thompson
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect #9 - Juan Duran
    Prospect #10 - Chris Dickerson
    Prospect #11 - Devin Mesoraco
    Prospect #12 - Danny Dorn
    Prospect #13 - Yorman Rodriguez

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #14 prospect?

I went with Zach Stewart again.

Hildenbrandt. Highest ceiling of any remaining starter. Stewart next for me. Frankly I don't see any of the remaining position players as even remotely competitive with these two guys as prospects. There are some guys among them who will become good major league players, but prospects need to have potential high ceilings and Hildenbrandt and Stewart are, IMHO, clearly ahead of the others (with possible exception of other pitchers like Sulbaran and Viola, especially if he can make the move to the rotation).

I'm torn between Cozart and Sulbaran, but I went with Cozart. People are still wondering if Valaika can play shortstop, and meanwhile, Cozart crushed A-ball and played the best defensive shortstop in the organization. I'm not saying Cozart's the better prospect--I just think there shouldn't be much distance between the two.

Give some love to the player who almost hit .400 in Billings this past season, Alex Buchholz. Even with less than 150 ABs in a hitter's league, that is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Give some love to the player who almost hit .400 in Billings this past season, Alex Buchholz. Even with less than 150 ABs in a hitter's league, that is impressive.
    I like Bucholz but I think Stewart is currently more valuable thus the better prospect. Bucholz tore it up but so did Brett Bartles last season for Billings and we seen where that got him (cut). Bartles didn't do so good the 2nd time around. I don't believe Bucholz is that guy however Stewart did his thing at higher levels and seems to be a back of the pen option which is more valuable than a 2B which is exactly what I think Bucholz is albeit a slugging 2B.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm torn between Cozart and Sulbaran, but I went with Cozart. People are still wondering if Valaika can play shortstop, and meanwhile, Cozart crushed A-ball and played the best defensive shortstop in the organization. I'm not saying Cozart's the better prospect--I just think there shouldn't be much distance between the two.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I like Buchholz, although I agree at this point Stewart is a better bet and much closer. I've been a Buchholz fan since the pick and called it a steal when he was drafted. He won't flop but Billings is Billings - averages like that seem to mean nothing. It's a funny league - failing miserably is a huge warning flag there, but succeeding wildly is ho-hum and really signals little.

Maloney, and his winter ball stats are only raising his stock IMO.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Did you forget to vote TRF? Your vote isn't showing up.

do'h, thanks for the catch OBM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

This voting exercise would be a lot more fun if you all would just do me a favor and start voting for Maloney. I really don't want to vote for him 15 polls in row. Thanks in advance.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    This voting exercise would be a lot more fun if you all would just do me a favor and start voting for Maloney. I really don't want to vote for him 15 polls in row. Thanks in advance.
    Well I would do that..... if he were a better prospect.

Stewart is running away with this one. Not sure who I'll go with at #15. I'll just wait to see who OBM can talk me into voting for.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Stewart is running away with this one. Not sure who I'll go with at #15. I'll just wait to see who OBM can talk me into voting for.
    wow and this poll is open for 2 more days? it doesn't look like anyone will catch stewart.

edit: he currently has almost half of the 74 votes. there were only 100 votes in the last poll. it doesn't look like there is a need to keep it open for more than another day.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 11-14-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Turn Off Ads?