Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Columbus Crew in the MLS Cup

Columbus Crew in the MLS Cup

Any Crew fans here? Got to watch part of the game tonight until the family booted me off the TV while the game was still 1-0 Fire. I had a feeling it would be bitter irony for the Crew that they would be knocked out by their once and long-time star Brian McBride. Of course once I had to turn the channel, I could sense Columbus might score now that I wasn't watching and they did. Tremendous season by Schelotto, Marshall, Rogers, Hesmer, Sigi Schmid and the gang.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Columbus Crew in the MLS Cup

Go Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

It would be amazing if the Crew won the MLS Cup. Aside from winning the U.S. Open Cup in 2002 their cupboard has been bare of major domestic trophies.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-13-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

The Crew is my favorite MLS team, but I've kind of moved on to bigger things (Bundesliga).

I watched the game tonight. We definately controlled the ball the 2nd half of the game. We were really close to adding another goal multiple times. I definately think we're gonna bring home the MLS championship.
    Let's make some noise!

Just looking at the Crews roster and saw 2 familier names who used to play over here.

Gino Padula
    Stefani Miglioranzi

Will the people of Ohio be getting into this now it's reaching the final stages ?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Crew is my favorite MLS team, but I've kind of moved on to bigger things (Bundesliga).
    Have you gotten to see much of Hoffenheim yet? That team can play.

The Crew should win the MLS Cup. Neither RSL nor the Red Bulls match up.

I'm bummed that the Revs came completely unglued in the latter portion of the season. That team went from playing some nice, flowing soccer to awful in the blink of an eye.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Have you gotten to see much of Hoffenheim yet? That team can play.
    Yeah, I've been really impressed by them, but I only get to see them when they play against Bayern Munich lately. I'm a Stuttgart fan, but the people around here only watch whichever team is doing better between Stuttgart and Bayern Munich.

I'm a Forest-type of Guy. (Go Reds!!!)

But the Crew winning the Cup would be super-cool.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Yeah, I've been really impressed by them, but I only get to see them when they play against Bayern Munich lately. I'm a Stuttgart fan, but the people around here only watch whichever team is doing better between Stuttgart and Bayern Munich.
    I was at a conference last week with a lot of Germans and they were all jazzed about the early December Bayern-Hoffenheim matchup. I got the feeling that's going to be the top-rated television event in Germany this year.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Turn Off Ads?