Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yunel Escobar

Yunel Escobar

What do you think it would take to acquire him, now that the Peavy deal is dead. Arroyo straight up?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yunel Escobar

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    What do you think it would take to acquire him, now that the Peavy deal is dead. Arroyo straight up?
    Sure, if you added Bruce, Volquez or Cueto.

The Braves are not looking to trade Escobar, but would for Peavy. I think that with the Braves out of the picture, try to get Peavy. The market has been set real low for teams trading high priced veterans.

Offer them Ramon Rameriz, Juan Francisco, Kyle Lotzker, and Devin Mesoraco and see how they re-act.

Ya why would they want to trade Escobar? That would be like asking the Reds for Voquez,Cueto, or Bruce for some over priced starting pitcher....I dont think many on redszone would be down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Ya why would they want to trade Escobar? That would be like asking the Reds for Voquez,Cueto, or Bruce for some over priced starting pitcher....I dont think many on redszone would be down for that.
    I don't know. Some seem to be "down" with trading Cueto for one year of Holliday. Not too smart, huh?

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Sure, if you added Bruce, Volquez or Cueto.

The Braves are not looking to trade Escobar, but would for Peavy. I think that with the Braves out of the picture, try to get Peavy. The market has been set real low for teams trading high priced veterans.

Offer them Ramon Rameriz, Juan Francisco, Kyle Lotzker, and Devin Mesoraco and see how they re-act.
    I don't think Peavy was ever going to waive his NTC for the Braves; I seriously doubt he'd even consider it for the Reds, even if they came up with an acceptable offer.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

I think that the Braves were on his list of teams that he would accept a trade to. The Reds are not on that list. My guess is that the Cubs find a way to get him.

Um, Arroyo for Escobar... thats a Deal... Bronsons contract is affordable and Pitching is scarce... I would do that deal... Plus the Reds need to get in on the Peavy Deal... Take on Khalil Greene's Salary for Peavy just Like Boston took on Mike Lowell's contract to get Josh Beckett...

Man, Khalil in a Contract year could play SS and probably Knock 20-25 Homers and Score 100 runs for the Reds... he is Motivated for a Big Pay Day...

Boston made out good by taking on Lowells Salary and Lowell put up Moster Numbers that year!

Please Walt, Read this...

you'd do that deal. i'd do that deal. i think alot of people here would do that deal. but i don't think the braves would do that deal. at least not in a 1 for 1 deal.

fwiw, the big names in the boston-florida deal were beckett/lowell & hanley ramirez/anibal sanchez. hanram and sanchez were both top prospects at the time especially hanram. in the three years since that deal was made i've come across many boston fans that wished that they still had ramirez. also, bostons payroll has been almost double the reds payroll for awhile now and for a team like that it's ALOT easier to make a deal like that.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think Bruce, Volquez, Cueto are all going to have WAY better careers than Escobar. We shall see, but I wouldn't go anywhere near him with those three in mind.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I would however see how they'd feel about Arroyo and a prospect for Francoeur. Their stock on Francoeur has fallen a lot in the past year, and I think he needs a change of scenery. I know his free swinging doesn't fit well here or anywhere, but his RH bat and defense would help.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

i think francoeur could still be productive as well but the only problem is we'd have two rightfielders. i guess we could have francoeur in left or francoeur in right and bruce in center for a season. makes me wonder what the braves would want for him.

Why would you deal for Francoer? Hes coming off an off year...

Plus on the Peavy Deal... I think the Reds could put together a big enough package while keeping Bruce, Volquez, and Cueto...

Remember you're taking on Khalil Greenes Salary and the Reds could send some unproven prospets to SD just like Boston sent Ramirez and Sanchez...

Yes they were highly touted prospects, but... The Reds can put together 4-5 players for a package for Peavy...

Back to Arroyo for Yunel Escobar... Atlanta would take a long look at that deal... Arroyo had an Awesome second half and is signed for 2 more affordable years...

Plus, I'd rather keep Bronson Anyway...

that's one reason i would be interested in francoeur. after an off year his stock is lower but he still has upside and is solid defensively and inexpensive. IFthe price is right, to buy low could result in a nice payoff.

you seem stuck on peavy and i have no problem with asking about him but i think it's important to be realistic too. imo, it's a little optimistic to think that we have so much money that we can get an outfielder, a catcher, a couple of relievers, AND an ace pitcher and ss. and maybe we could hold onto bruce, votto, volquez and cueto and still acquire peavy. that doesn't mean we should. i wouldn't want to deal 4-5 players that are mlb starters or top prospects for a player that doesn't even fill a need. imo, that would be a mistake.

as far as arrroyo for escobar i still think that's unrealistic. atlanta would've dealt escobar, and a prospect, for peavy but arroyo is no peavy. even if you just look at money i don't see the appeal for atlanta. escobar will be paid peanuts in '09. peavy will literally only make a few million more than arroyo over the next two seasons. arroyo doesn't make a ton for what he does but i wouldn't exactly call his contract a selling point either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Plus, I'd rather keep Bronson Anyway...
    ok you wanted to deal arroyo for peavy or escobar but then you say that?

Hey man, I was talking about Arroyo for Escobar, not Arroyo for Peavy...

If a trade could be done, I would send Bailey, Dickerson, Belisle, and another player or 2 for Peavy... And if Cueto made it Happen, I would put Cueto in there...

I wasn't suggesting Trading Arroyo for Peavy...

It was the Yunel Escobar Trade... and All I was saying was that on a deal for deal... Arroyo for Escobar was a fair trade... for both teams... I didn't think You'd have to put a package of players with Bronson Arroyo for Escobar considering the Pitching out there and Bronson's friendly contract... that being said... I would rather Keep Arroyo then deal him to Atlanta for Yunel Escobar...

Wouldn't mind signing Orlando Cabrera for a 1 year Deal to solidify SS for 2009 though... That guy could hit #2 and score 100 Runs...

But If I was making the Peavy Trade I would take on Khalil Greenes Contract and put him at SS for 2009 and see what kind of year he has in his walkd(free agent) year...

That way a package of Bailey, Dickerson, Belisle, Stubbs would net Peavy and Greene...

I am being realistic... This Owner keeps talking about being a serious contender... Well its time he shows it and quits messing around with the Josh Fogg's in the Rotation...

Peavy
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Volquez
    Cueto/Ramirez

I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Hey man, I was talking about Arroyo for Escobar, not Arroyo for Peavy...

If a trade could be done, I would send Bailey, Dickerson, Belisle, and another player or 2 for Peavy... And if Cueto made it Happen, I would put Cueto in there...

I wasn't suggesting Trading Arroyo for Peavy...

It was the Yunel Escobar Trade... and All I was saying was that on a deal for deal... Arroyo for Escobar was a fair trade... for both teams... I didn't think You'd have to put a package of players with Bronson Arroyo for Escobar considering the Pitching out there and Bronson's friendly contract... that being said... I would rather Keep Arroyo then deal him to Atlanta for Yunel Escobar...

Wouldn't mind signing Orlando Cabrera for a 1 year Deal to solidify SS for 2009 though... That guy could hit #2 and score 100 Runs...

But If I was making the Peavy Trade I would take on Khalil Greenes Contract and put him at SS for 2009 and see what kind of year he has in his walkd(free agent) year...

That way a package of Bailey, Dickerson, Belisle, Stubbs would net Peavy and Greene...

I am being realistic... This Owner keeps talking about being a serious contender... Well its time he shows it and quits messing around with the Josh Fogg's in the Rotation...

Peavy
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Volquez
    Cueto/Ramirez

I like that!
    why would SD trade one of the best pitchers in baseball and a good, proven shortstop with pop for an very unproven, talented pitcher, an unproven toolsy CF and a piece of trash??

Turn Off Ads?