Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weiss alienates alumni and recruits

Re: Charlie Weiss alienates alumni and recruits

It's a bad loss but not a shocker. Notre Dame is terrible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    What a shocker today - Syra freaking cuse?

Yikes

Its Ty's fault.

Maybe he'll show his Super Bowl ring in the press conference thinking people will forget about the game. Shades of the Simpsons:

"Do you want to hear the horrifying truth, or look at my Super Bowl ring?"

"Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring..."
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Syracuse beats ND?

Doesn't get any better than that....

How we lookin' Fat Charlie?

Up 23 - 10 after 3 quarters, only to lose 24 - 23? I mean wow....

Thanks Fat Charlie and ND, I needed this today...

Notre Dame is now 6-5. Here's a list of teams Notre Dame has beaten this season:

San Diego State (1-10)
    Michigan (3-9)
    Purdue (4-8)
    Stanford (5-7)
    Washington (0-11)
    Navy (6-4)

Charlie Weis has a ridiculous buyout in is contract so I doubt he gets fired.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Notre Dame is now 6-5. Here's a list of teams Notre Dame has beaten this season:

San Diego State (1-10)
    Michigan (3-9)
    Purdue (4-8)
    Stanford (5-7)
    Washington (0-11)
    Navy (6-4)

Charlie Weis has a ridiculous buyout in is contract so I doubt he gets fired.
    Good Job Fat Charlie

I'm proud of ya...

of your 6 wins, Navy was your only team above .500...

The rest, not so much...

I bet the Irish faithful are proud of your fat butt.....

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I caught the last part of the game. Give Greg Robinson credit, he stopped NBC during the middle of the interview to let Notre Dame perform the Alma Mater.

There were times that Jimmy Clausen looked like a Heisman candidate, and others that he just looked bumfuzzled. He has a rocket arm, just hope some weapons and a defense materialize.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

They've met their special requirements to be eligible for the BCS this year, right?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

South Bend fans shower Notre Dame players, police with snowballs

Associated Press

Updated: November 22, 2008, 8:20 PM ET

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame football players were pelted by snowballs from fans sitting in the student section during their loss to Syracuse on Saturday.

"To throw snowballs at their own team, I didn't think that was a smart thing to do. I guess [they thought] it was funny," defensive tackle Pat Kuntz said after Syracuse upset the Irish 24-23.

South Bend was hit with about 10 inches of snow Friday. While the field had been cleared before the game, there was still snow along the fringes and in some areas of the stands.

Fans at first threw snow in the air, but then quickly switched to tossing snowballs toward the Notre Dame sideline. Defensive lineman Ian Williams got hit in the helmet, defensive end Ethan Johnson was struck on the left cheek and a St. Joseph County police officer on the sideline looking into the crowd got hit in the chest. An NBC camera man also was a frequent target and several snowballs reached the field, although none landed near where play was occurring.

When the Irish defense held a meeting on the sideline, injured linebacker Brian Smith stood on a bench to try to shield his teammates. But when a snowball hit Kuntz, he stood and faced the crowd and appeared to challenge whoever threw it to come down on the field.

"I was pretty mad about that, but whatever the fans want to do," Kuntz, a senior who was playing his last game at Notre Dame Stadium, said flatly.

At least one fan was seen being led away by police.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3719375
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    South Bend fans shower Notre Dame players, police with snowballs

Associated Press

Updated: November 22, 2008, 8:20 PM ET

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame football players were pelted by snowballs from fans sitting in the student section during their loss to Syracuse on Saturday.

"To throw snowballs at their own team, I didn't think that was a smart thing to do. I guess [they thought] it was funny," defensive tackle Pat Kuntz said after Syracuse upset the Irish 24-23.

South Bend was hit with about 10 inches of snow Friday. While the field had been cleared before the game, there was still snow along the fringes and in some areas of the stands.

Fans at first threw snow in the air, but then quickly switched to tossing snowballs toward the Notre Dame sideline. Defensive lineman Ian Williams got hit in the helmet, defensive end Ethan Johnson was struck on the left cheek and a St. Joseph County police officer on the sideline looking into the crowd got hit in the chest. An NBC camera man also was a frequent target and several snowballs reached the field, although none landed near where play was occurring.

When the Irish defense held a meeting on the sideline, injured linebacker Brian Smith stood on a bench to try to shield his teammates. But when a snowball hit Kuntz, he stood and faced the crowd and appeared to challenge whoever threw it to come down on the field.

"I was pretty mad about that, but whatever the fans want to do," Kuntz, a senior who was playing his last game at Notre Dame Stadium, said flatly.

At least one fan was seen being led away by police.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3719375
    Rudy II?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

You stay classy, Irish fans.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Maybe they thought they were in Cleveland. :

Rem

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

The wheels are falling off! Mutiny!
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Ha, excellent job by the 'cuse sticking it to ND. Pretty much seals the deal that the tub of lard won't be back next year.

Notre Dame lost to USC tonight 38-3 and fell to 6-6. Will Weis get fired?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?