Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wacky Crazy Predictions

Wacky Crazy Predictions

These are completely insane predictions that will probably never come true, but just in case one of them does, I want to be able to claim that I said it first. If they don't, no one will remember this thread anyway, so there is nothing to lose.

1) The Reds will win between 95-100 games in 2009 and win the World Series. (Okay, so I have been making this prediction every year since 1976, but I know that this year, it will come true.)

2) Alex Gonzalez will not only be the starting SS for the Reds for all of 2009, but he will be one of the team's MVP's. I predict that in the Playoffs, Joe Buck will tell Tim McCarver that one of the keys to the Reds turnaround this year, was the play of Gonzalez, with his steady defense at SS and solid bat in the second spot in the order. Tim McCarver will reply with a story about Lou Brock that makes no sense.

3) In the offseason, Walt Jocketty will acquire a big RH bat for the middle of the lineup, and it will be a player that no one on RedsZone expected.

4) Edinson Volquez will pitch better in 2009 than he did in 2008, but he will still be the team's #2 starter, as Johnny Cueto will be the ace.

5) Adam Dunn will sign with a contending team, he will OPS over .900, with 40 HR and 100 RBI's, and his team will still not make the playoffs. And the debate will continue.

6) Ryan Freel will have a career year platooning with Chris Dickerson in CF, and will be considered one of the leagues best bargains at $4M a year.

7) Jeff Keppinger will be in 2009 what Ryan Freel was in 2008 to Reds fans, an over-rated utility player.

8) Francisco Cordero will not be the Reds closer at the end of the season.

9) Edwin Encarnacion will not be the Reds starting thirdbaseman.

10) Danny Herrera will be a dominant LOOGY and TWIB will do major story on him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Recovering Cubs Fan

Re: Wacky Crazy Predictions

Duly noted. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the lineups will suck and Marty Brennaman will be a grouchy old fool.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

I'll go:

1. Reds will do next to nothing this offseason

2. Cueto and Volquez will both be good, but a lack of offense will hurt their numbers

3. Arroyo will be traded half way through the year after posting decent numbers

4. Harang will have an ERA around 4.25 and give up the most HR's in baseball

5. Other then Votto and maybe Bruce the offense will be absolutly terrible, maybe the worst in baseball now that the A's have Holliday. Seriously, looking around the league I can't think of a worse offense if the reds don't acquire a big bat for the 4 spot.

6. Reds lose 90 games

7. I won't spend a dime on the team

^^^ Wooooo Reds Baseball... Catch It!

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I'll go:

2. Cueto and Volquez will both be good, but a lack of offense will hurt their numbers

5. Other then Votto and maybe Bruce the offense will be absolutly terrible, maybe the worst in baseball now that the A's have Holliday. Seriously, looking around the league I can't think of a worse offense if the reds don't acquire a big bat for the 4 spot.

6. Reds lose 90 games

You go,boy! You are dead on!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bite.

1. Reds management will ask President Obama to throw out the first pitch on opening day, but Obama refuses citing Castellini's Republican affiliation.

2. John McCain throws out the first pitch, and Sarah Palin shoots it as it travels toward the catcher, then she skins it.

3. Reds make playoffs, and Bruce hits long drive to RF fence, and suddenly an Alien ship appears, catches the ball and the fans go bonkers, on what would have been a game winning home run. The fans throw stuff at the spaceship, causing it to crash in RF.

4. City Council proposes an "Alien Spaceship Museam" for the Riverfront project.

I'll try to keep each individual one within the realm of possibilities, but as a collection, probably not:

1. Harang returns to form with a Cy Young season.
    2. Volquez and Cueto challenge to be the staff ace.
    3. Owings and Arroyo become the best 4 & 5 combination in the league.
    4a. EE again causes fans to pull their hair out with his defense at 3B. (Not a stretch, I know)
    4b. Thankfully, a trade with Seattle is worked out for Beltre, in June.
    5. Votto and Bruce improve upon the 2008 season, both make all-star team.
    6. Gonzo provides adequate play at SS, with Janish being his backup.
    7. Phillips wins his 2nd of 7 straight GG @ 2nd base.
    8. Hanigan proves that he can handle the everyday job.
    9. Dickerson proves the 2008 was not a fluke.
    10. Bailey finally gets "it", makes it back to ML and posts sub-4.50 ERA.
    11. 4b is made reality because the Reds are within 4 games of division lead on June 24.
    12. Reds don't get over the hump, but win wildcard spot.
    13. Reds lose in NLCS to Mets.
    14. #13 is precursor to the new Big Red Machine.

1.) The Reds won't do too much this offseason.
    2.) Edinson Volquez will win 20 games next year, but won't win the Cy Young.
    3.) The Reds will suprise some people by having their first winning season since 2000, as they finish with an 84-78 record. They will contend for most of the season before finally tailing off in August.
    4.) The Reds will have three players hit at least 30 home runs in 2009 (Votto, Bruce, Phillips).

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I'll bite.

1. Reds management will ask President Obama to throw out the first pitch on opening day, but Obama refuses citing Castellini's Republican affiliation.

2. John McCain throws out the first pitch, and Sarah Palin shoots it as it travels toward the catcher, then she skins it.

3. Reds make playoffs, and Bruce hits long drive to RF fence, and suddenly an Alien ship appears, catches the ball and the fans go bonkers, on what would have been a game winning home run. The fans throw stuff at the spaceship, causing it to crash in RF.

4. City Council proposes an "Alien Spaceship Museam" for the Riverfront project.
    in a swim suite

I predict that the Reds will be extremely active during the off-season, going after most of the big name free agents. I heard from an inside source that they were considering matching the Yankee's offer to CC. I think that if you look at the situation, Cincinnati is the ideal place for the big left hander. I think he wants to win a championship now, and this is the best city to achieve that goal.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I'll go:

6. Reds lose 90 games

Alllllrighty then
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Alllllrighty then
    I suppose my predictions are wacky or insane enough. They're probably realistic
    Last edited by NeilHamburger; 11-19-2008 at 09:22 AM.

1. The team signs no major free agents of any significance.

2. Cueto exceeds expectations, Volquez fails to live up to them.

3. Votto and Bruce have silver slugger calibur seasons.

4. The bullpen falls into place and is one of the Reds strengths.

5. Phillips wins another gold glove.

6. Reds win 75 games.

7. Fans get their hopes up when they expect the Reds to sign Carl Crawford, Jermaine Dye, and J.J. Putz at the end of the season.

8. Norris Hopper, Javier Valentin, and Gary Majewski are resigned instead.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Okay, here goes, although I don't think they are so crazy

1. Justin Turner makes the club out of spring training. Guy has batted almost every year in baseball and is tearing up the AFL right now. Question. Will he be at third.

2. Sean Henry makes the club as Votto's right hand back-up or an extra outfielder. Also doing well in the AFL.

3. Reds pick up P. J. Pilittere in the rule five draft from the Yankees. Never has played above AA, but the Yankees are so deep in old catchers they can't put him on the 40 man roster. he becomes Hannigan's back-up. Hits left-handers well which can't be said of any of Texas's cathchers.

4. The Reds trade pitchers to Texas for Nelson Cruz. Possibly Hopper or Freel too.
    5. The Reds make a serious offer to Randy Johnson.
    6. Viola replaces Afeldt in the pen. Roenicke replaces Weathers
    7. The Reds blow through the central all the way to the series. Sweep the series to extend WS winning streak to 13.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    These are completely insane predictions that will probably never come true, but just in case one of them does, I want to be able to claim that I said it first. If they don't, no one will remember this thread anyway, so there is nothing to lose.

1) The Reds will win between 95-100 games in 2009 and win the World Series. (Okay, so I have been making this prediction every year since 1976, but I know that this year, it will come true.)

2) Alex Gonzalez will not only be the starting SS for the Reds for all of 2009, but he will be one of the team's MVP's. I predict that in the Playoffs, Joe Buck will tell Tim McCarver that one of the keys to the Reds turnaround this year, was the play of Gonzalez, with his steady defense at SS and solid bat in the second spot in the order. Tim McCarver will reply with a story about Lou Brock that makes no sense.

3) In the offseason, Walt Jocketty will acquire a big RH bat for the middle of the lineup, and it will be a player that no one on RedsZone expected.

4) Edinson Volquez will pitch better in 2009 than he did in 2008, but he will still be the team's #2 starter, as Johnny Cueto will be the ace.

5) Adam Dunn will sign with a contending team, he will OPS over .900, with 40 HR and 100 RBI's, and his team will still not make the playoffs. And the debate will continue.

6) Ryan Freel will have a career year platooning with Chris Dickerson in CF, and will be considered one of the leagues best bargains at $4M a year.

7) Jeff Keppinger will be in 2009 what Ryan Freel was in 2008 to Reds fans, an over-rated utility player.

8) Francisco Cordero will not be the Reds closer at the end of the season.

9) Edwin Encarnacion will not be the Reds starting thirdbaseman.

10) Danny Herrera will be a dominant LOOGY and TWIB will do major story on him.
    1. Reds will win 85-90 games next year and make the playoffs.

2. AGon will be back as the starting SS.

3. Reds acquire RH bat that nobody expects. I agree.

4. Volquez will still be good, but will come down to earth next season. Cueto will continue to improve.

5. Adam Dunn will sign with the Nationals and play 1B, a position he wouldn't play in Cincy.

6. Ryan Freel will continue to be nothing but a utility player. He will probably get hurt in the first week, which is typical.

7. A key player will go down and the fans will realize just how lucky we are to have Jeff Keppinger to fill in.

8. Cordero won't be going anywhere. No team will be willing to pick up his contract.

9. EE might be gone.

10. Herrera gets made a starter and becomes the next Tim Wakefield.

Turn Off Ads?